Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk canary

Team for Paulton Rovers

Who do u think will play this game will we use it to play youth and the players who need fitness, i would play a mixture as we dont want to be embarrassed but even our reserve side should win this surely? But it is the FA cup and anything can happen!

Id go with

THEO

FRANCOMB STEPHENS NELSON WHIGGINS

SMITH ADEMYI OTJ DALEY

CURETON MCDONALD

I think it will be a mostly full strength team but mayeb with one or two of our key players rested. Holty is apparently on 4 yellows so would not be surprised if he gets booked on saturday and serves his suspension for either the FA Cup or JPT game.

Generally though i would expect lambert to rest players for the JPT and put out a strong side in the FA Cup, expecially if we are on tv as we don''t want to be embarrassed!

[quote]

Who do u think will play this game will we use it to play youth and the players who need fitness, i would play a mixture as we dont want to be embarrassed but even our reserve side should win this surely? But it is the FA cup and anything can happen!

Id go with

THEO

FRANCOMB STEPHENS NELSON WHIGGINS

SMITH ADEMYI OTJ DALEY

CURETON MCDONALD

[/quote]We don''t want to be embarrassed, that instantly rules out Theo.RuddFrancomb Dumic Stephens WigginsDaley Adeyemi OTJ/Gill McVeighMcDonald Cureton/Maric/Martin

If we put that team out there is only one team going through and I dont think it will be Norwich.

We need experience players that aren''t gonna get fazed by the big occaision there will be a lot of pressure on our players!

Putting out such a side would be totally disrespectful to both Paulton Rovers and the competition itself. We should put out our strongest possible side and treat the opposition the same as we would any other side we could have drawn.

Rudd

Francomb    Stephens   Nelson    Wiggins

Gill            OTJ        Daley 

Maric    McDonald    Cureton

We dont want any injures to key players.

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]We also wanna get through tho[/quote]

yes but with no disrespect to paulton, our reserves/youth players should be able to record a comfortable win.

I think the only players we should consider resting are:

Hoolahan

Holt

Smith (if he needs a rest)

Forster (I doubt he''s allowed to play in the FA Cup for us)

Other than that why not go for our best team? Holt and Hoolahan (and maybe Russell) are the only 2 which we really shouldn''t risk in my opinion (particulalry Hoolahan).

I think we should use our best eleven players. If we have 3-0 lead, some youngsters could get their chance to shine as substitutes.

Our reserve team lost 2-5 away vs. Peterborough reserves, and I think Paulton Rovers (on a good day) could be as good as Peterborough reserves...

Would play a strong team but certainly wouldn''t risk the likes of Holt, Hoolahan. It would be ridiculous they got injured for an FA Cup first round tie against Paulton Rovers

Lets not disrespect the FA cup, its the oldest competition in the world and teams should not devalue it in this way. Its also incredibly harsh on Paulton Rovers their players will probably never play league opposition again they deserve more than a bunch of reserves and kids turning up. Having said all that I think we can strike a balance and perhaps not risk Holt, Hoolahan & Smith probably our most valuable players. As somebody else suggested if we''ve won by half time we could then bring a load of youngsters of the bench early on. 

Im all for not being silly and resting crucial players such as hoolahan and holt but to send out a reserve team to paulton is A disrespectful and B quite stupid. Are you trying to tell me that big teams have never been knocked out by non league opposition? [:|]

well said we have to put out a strong team, thier team and fans will be expecting us to and if Sky do take it on we can''t be seen to being un interested so to speak

[quote user="First Jedi"]"

You are living in a dream world, mate![/quote]

I wonder who lives in a dream world. We play in League One now, we are not a Premier League club anymore.

I think we can lose this game if we use our reserve team.

The preview option doesn''t always show what appears after posting. Sorry about the mess in my prevoius post.

I think some and some. Personally, I think that this City team has many ''squad players''. I would rest Hoolahan and Holt and play:

either Rudd or Theoklitos

Francomb    Nelson  Stephens   Wiggins

Tudur Jones

Hughes                        Gill

McVeigh

McDonald                Cureton

Subs:  Rudd or Theoklitos, Askou, Smith, Martin, Maric, Lappin.

All of those except Stephens have been first team players and Stephens has at least been on the bench a couple of times.

I''m in full agreement with some of the others. We should not be fielding a team of reserves and youth players only. If we do then it''s making a mockery of this great competition and increasing the chance of a slip up. I do however feel that we don''t want key players injured so I would set up my team a bit like this:

GK: Rudd: A quality keeper who can do with the experiance.

RB: Francomb or Spillane. If Spillane is near match fitness and can do with the minutes then play him. If not then play Francomb for the experience.

CB: Doherty/Askou: Keep one of these in the team for leadership and experience.

CB: Nelson/Dumic/Stephens Play one of the youth guys if they are ready or Nelson to provide Match fitness.

LB: Wiggins. For similar reasons as the rest, give him match practice and give Drury a rest.

CM: Adeyemi in for Smith

CM: Lappin

CM: Hughes in for Russell

AM: WLY for Hoolahoop (Don''t want Hoolahoop to get injured)

FC: Martin

FC: MacDonald, give Holt a rest and MacDonald is a proven goal scorer against teams at this level.

Bench: Steer, Spillane/Francomb, Stephens/Dumic/Nelson, Hoolahoop, Holt/Curo, Daley, OTJ/Gill

For me a line up along these lines would have the right mix of being respectful to Paulton and resting a few key players from injury. Last thing we want to do is loose this game and become a laughing stock yet again this season.

Davo

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

I think some and some. Personally, I think that this City team has many ''squad players''. I would rest Hoolahan and Holt and play:

either Rudd or Theoklitos

Francomb    Nelson  Stephens   Wiggins

Tudur Jones

Hughes                        Gill

McVeigh

McDonald                Cureton

Subs:  Rudd or Theoklitos, Askou, Smith, Martin, Maric, Lappin.

All of those except Stephens have been first team players and Stephens has at least been on the bench a couple of times.

[/quote]

stephens has played 20 mins in jpt this year, so all of those players have played this year. this is the sort of team id play but possibly holt on bench just incase

---------------Rudd-------------

Francomb--Doc--Stephens/Nelson-Wiggins--

-------Hughes----Gill---Lappin----

-----------McVeigh----------------

----------------McDonald--------

-----------Cureton----

sorry cuerton not maric copyed and pasted a posted from awhile back and edited it forgot to put cuerton in

[quote user="Holty23"]Rudd/Theo Francomb Nelson Doc Drury Mc Veigh Gill OWT Martin Cody Maric?????[/quote]

sorry but who is that? do you mean otj?