Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Green- "It would be farcical not to strengthen"

"For the board to turn round and say you can''t strengthen in any way, shape or form, even by one player or maybe two, I would go as far as saying would be farcical - we obviously need players."  Straight from the horses mouth

Interesting article on the Pink''Un site.  I think Greeno is being quite philosphical about it all.  I don''t think he wants to go, but would be prepared to if it meant helping us stay up.  Good bloke

I think that common sense says that if we can get 5 million for Greeny and that then allows us to bring in 3 or 4 decent quality players then thats what must happen. We can moan all we like about bad luck with injuries but theres no denying that our squad is just too small. We have other good keepers at this club, who given time and support could do the job for us. I wish we could have our cake and eat it, keep Green and buy more players but it ain''t gonna happen!! Or is the board and Nigel just bluffing us all, laughing at us all getting our knickers in a twist?? 

Good article.  Nice to see a national paper who recognise that we''re not complete no-hopers and have a got some quality (albeit with the jury out on whether it''ll be enough...)

Similar comments in the Times today - they recognise that our lowly league position is due to "tough opening fixture list, unlucky results thereafter, then injury crisis".  Nothing says we''ll definitely pull through but there is at least a tacit acknowledgement that we COULD turn it around.

It ain''t over ''til its over.  Keep the faith!