Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Overrated / Underrated

Underrated

Darel Russell - He has been nothing short of a revalation since returning to the side was again on Saturday. The switch in moving him to defensive midfield suits him and if he carries on like this we''ll struggle to keep hold of him in Jan.

Adam Drury - Back to his best, ever present in the league. Good going forward, strong in the tackle. Quite why he''s playing in div one is anyone guess.

Overrated

I''ll get a bit of stick for this but

Korey Smith

I''m not saying for one minute he isn''t an exciting prospect but the hero worship is a bit over the top. To me he looks like a full back playing in midfield and lacks the technical skill to go with his physical presence.

Jen Berthal Askou

Again a good player but yet in my eyes to be the great one everyone seems to think he is. Struggles sometimes in the air and can be muscled off the ball at times as well.

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]Underrated Darel Russell - He has been nothing short of a revalation since returning to the side was again on Saturday. The switch in moving him to defensive midfield suits him and if he carries on like this we''ll struggle to keep hold of him in Jan. Adam Drury - Back to his best, ever present in the league. Good going forward, strong in the tackle. Quite why he''s playing in div one is anyone guess. Overrated I''ll get a bit of stick for this but Korey Smith I''m not saying for one minute he isn''t an exciting prospect but the hero worship is a bit over the top. To me he looks like a full back playing in midfield and lacks the technical skill to go with his physical presence. Jen Berthal Askou Again a good player but yet in my eyes to be the great one everyone seems to think he is. Struggles sometimes in the air and can be muscled off the ball at times as well.[/quote]

Bullshiite they aren''t overated.

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

Overrated I''ll get a bit of stick for this but Korey Smith I''m not saying for one minute he isn''t an exciting prospect but the hero worship is a bit over the top. To me he looks like a full back playing in midfield and lacks the technical skill to go with his physical presence. 

[/quote]

I don''t see it like that at all.

For me Korey is clearly at his best in midfield, he can probably do a job at fullback but it doesn''t do him justice at all.

Jesus

Anyone else want to do a overrated / underrated and yes I''ve seen him play numerous times and I don''t think he''s awful he''s good!! Just not that good (yet!!)!

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]Jesus Anyone else want to do a overrated / underrated and yes I''ve seen him play numerous times and I don''t think he''s awful he''s good!! Just not that good (yet!!)![/quote]

Fair enough, he`s really good for his age and experience IMO     Don t get upset!  

Do u know many 19yr old football players, I know some who have been Sh..t hot prospects, but they are no where near where he is in  their ability, work rate, confidence and strength|?  

Have to agree with others, I don''t think those two particular players you have stated have been over-rated I thought they have both played a solid part in our resurgence, and yes there not world-beaters, no one is saying that but both have had a good start to the season and have not been over-rated in my book.Drury I also wouldn''t say has been under-rated, I think people realise the consistency level of the bloke and for me he''s like a former ''steady-eddy'', perhaps only seen as under-rated as people don''t tend to talk about fullbacks as they do other players, only when they''re prone to mistakes or concentration ala semmy.Howeveer I will agree with you with russell, I think he''s been excellent at the holding role and provides real cover for the defence particulary for young franchomb at the weekend and joins in with the attack when he can.

Totally agree with the original post.  Smith is a great prospect, but for people to say he is our player of the season is a bit premature in my opinion.

Agree that Russell is under rated but don''t agree about Korey. I think he has put the kind of performances in that deserve him to be one of the first names on the team sheet. When he had to revert to right back on saturday we sorely missed him pressing the ball in midfield and his energy. One player I personally think is over rated is Chris Martin. If he put in half the effort he does being arrogant and ''the big man'' he would be good for us. But sadly I feel Martin thinks he has already made it! You''ve only got to look at his strike partner. Holt chases everything and puts a 100% effort in unlike Martin who just turns it on as and when he pleases!

Small point but I haven''t heard anyone under rating Russell. The majority of fans seem to recognise that he is playing well and doing a good job. He probably isn''t getting rave reviews because of the role he is playing and that with his ability he should be able to that comfortably. Korey is not being over rated, he is getting the praise he deserves for being one of our top 5 players in possibly every game this season. Watch out Yellow Submarine the"Get off Martin''s back thread" couldn''t really get beyond the fact that he is scoring.

Spot on with Drury and Russell but mate come on Smith has been excellent, and Askou very solid, wins everything.Your way off with Smith, as totally evidenced by our poor showing second half on saturday when he had to switch to right back, and on monday v Leeds. We played well but missed his energy in the 2nd half when Russell started to tire, we got overran in midfield and lost it.

Korey Smith has been one of our most consistent and exciting players this season, espescially bearing in mind he is 18!!!!!

And Askou cant head a ball, I dont know who you have been watching mate!!!