Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

I will always cherish my short tenure at Norwich- Lambert

I fear headlines such as these are inevitable if this ambitious manager continues to be frustrated by zero funding. No this is not an original comment yet it needs to be reiterated and shouted aloud regularly for fear that the issue goes quiet.I am of the view that not nearly enough protest has been expressed on this issue.It does not take a clairvoyant to know that more resourceful clubs will be watching an unusually talented manager like Lambert.The outrage shown about previous manager’s shortcomings did indeed act as a catalyst for change and rightly evicted a few sleepy executives so why not express the same outrage about the current failings.Our recent success is really a double edged sword inasmuch that it is now more difficult to justify bolstering the team and takes the pressure off those appointed to generate finance.I have never believed that money cannot be made available either through borrowing, selling assets, risk taking or innovation.How much is it worth to the club to be in the championship next season?Would you pay more at the gate to finance a player, if the directors matched the supporter’s efforts in some way?The club has stumbled across a very special manager, tactician and motivator, one that Martin O’Neil would respect- For goodness sake let’s not forget how long it took us to reverse the surrender and smile mentality and it may never happen again.

Ffs stop scaring me.I rate Lambert but he has only been here 2 months and is not quite the 2nd coming yet. Other clubs that are a significantly more attractive proposition to manage than us are going to be waiting until he has at least got us established in the Championship. Though we looked a complete mess before he came in, the squad wasn''t as bad as Gunn made it look. We have some talented players at this level who are on wages far in excess of the majority of the division. I appreciate the job Lambert has done but he has yet to prove himself in the Martin O''Neill league.

Everyone is acting as though he is a miracle worker. His record is no different to the top 10 teams in the league. He''s doing a good job but this fear state is ridiculous. Why people think he''s up for grabs over grayson, Clark, ince etc is beyond me.

[quote user="Getalife"]

No this is not an original comment yet it needs to be reiterated and shouted aloud regularly for fear that the issue goes quiet.
[/quote]

No, it''s not original at all, smudge has a perfectly good long running thread on the same subject here;

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1845620/ShowPost.aspx

Could you not have added your comment on there instead of cluttering up the Forum?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Getalife"]

No this is not an original comment yet it needs to be reiterated and shouted aloud regularly for fear that the issue goes quiet.
[/quote]

No, it''s not original at all, smudge has a perfectly good long running thread on the same subject here;

Could you not have added your comment on there instead of cluttering up the Forum?

[/quote]

This is petty in the extreme. Who appointed you as the forums nanny? We don''t all have time to spend on here browsing old threads all day. It''s a perfectly reasonable point and I for one hadn''t seen smudge''s thread.

"This is petty in the extreme. "

No, it''s not. It''s petty to believe you are too important to just post on an existing thread, that you have to make your own and make yourself centre of attention. That''s petty.

ironicaly if lambert went the conpensation could buy us another player :P I think there is money lambert is being very clever and squeezing every penny from the board.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Getalife"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is because we have had a succession of terrible managers - culminating in the utter shambles that was Team Gunn. Now we have finally got a half decent manager people think he''ll be poached by Real Madrid. He''ll be here for a while, as long as we don''t go into admin, which is a fair bet if we don''t go up.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"This is petty in the extreme. "

No, it''s not. It''s petty to believe you are too important to just post on an existing thread, that you have to make your own and make yourself centre of attention. That''s petty.[/quote]

Ha ha, First Jedi piles in in support of his fellow lifer. Excuse me for saying but unlike you lifers on here who seem to spend all day every day on here some of us have got jobs and can only "drop in" when we have a few moments to spare i.e. sorry but no time to trawl through interminable threads to make sure that by starting my own thread I''m not going to provoke the MB Monitors, normally Head Monitor City Angel.

If you lot don''t stop it I''m going to take my ball home and tell my Mum.

Now what was this thread about?......... Oh yes, complete rubbish.

"I have never believed that money cannot be made available either through borrowing, selling assets, risk taking or innovation." 

Aaah, the road to administration.