Sign in to follow this  
CUFCNYC

Col U fan in peace

Good afternoon all and congrats on the run. You have been putting the goals away recently and I am sure you can appreciate, most Col U fans have an interest in you guys at the moment!

Reason for the post was to see how you guys feel about the compensation that you owe us for Lambert. The clubs seem unable to agree a figure and I wondered if firstly your cash situation was as bad as it sounds and secondly, what you feel is a realistic offer in terms of what you owe us.

Im sure we are all looking forward to January too!

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]Your kidding right? At least the other comment actually understood you owe us money![/quote]

Obviously we owe you money 150-200k is more then enough.

Your chairman said you''d replace Lambert with a better manager - so nothing. You got a better manager - therefore you should owe us compensation, for aiding you in improving your season.

I don''t think any of us know what the position is. Lambert was on a one year contract as I understand it so any compensation due can''t be that much. I had also heard whispers that he had a clause in his contract which enabled him to leave so it may be that Col U are entitled to very little in terms of compensation. There must be something holding it up as if it was a straight forward matter of paying of his contract it would be done by now.

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]Good afternoon all and congrats on the run. You have been putting the goals away recently and I am sure you can appreciate, most Col U fans have an interest in you guys at the moment! Reason for the post was to see how you guys feel about the compensation that you owe us for Lambert. The clubs seem unable to agree a figure and I wondered if firstly your cash situation was as bad as it sounds and secondly, what you feel is a realistic offer in terms of what you owe us. Im sure we are all looking forward to January too![/quote]

I saw you got 4,800 on Sat. Not being funny, but why are your crowds - despite the strong team Lambert left you guys with - SO poor?

Not looking to wind-up, just wondered why you can''t get better crowds?

Good question and sadly we struggle from people going to watch & supporting other teams in the area. The Hammers & Ipswich take a few and generally they are fans as they play at a higher level (both perhaps not for much longer) and only come to us when there is an ''appealing'' fixture. It wasn''t also helped by Walsall bringing less then a hundred!!

If the clubs cannot agree, I can''t see how we will on here but of course I believe we deserve more. As one of the chaps put it on our site:

- 3 of our management team left on the same day to join you

- Norwich wanted to offer PL the job before any discussions has supposedly taken place and no compensation was agreed

- It was mid season not even during the summer and didn''t give us ample time to source a replacement and completely left us in the lurch

I would suggest on the basis of that, around £400,000 with a bit more to come if Lambert takes you up.

You could just give us Holt and Hoolahan and call it even!! :)

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]You could just give us Holt and Hoolahan and call it even!! :)[/quote]Could you afford their wages on 4,800 gates and league 1 tv money ?

"3 of our management team left on the same day to join you"

So?

"Norwich wanted to offer PL the job before any discussions has supposedly taken place and no compensation was agreed"

So?

"It was mid season not even during the summer and didn''t give us ample time to source a replacement and completely left us in the lurch"

It was one game into the league season, people are allowed to change jobs whenever they want - you can''t force someone to work a job they don''t want to - thats called slavery (although - technically that isn''t actually banned in this country!!). *we* found a manager pretty quick when we needed a new one, so did you.

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]Good question and sadly we struggle from people going to watch & supporting other teams in the area. The Hammers & Ipswich take a few and generally they are fans as they play at a higher level (both perhaps not for much longer) and only come to us when there is an ''appealing'' fixture. It wasn''t also helped by Walsall bringing less then a hundred!! If the clubs cannot agree, I can''t see how we will on here but of course I believe we deserve more. As one of the chaps put it on our site: - 3 of our management team left on the same day to join you - Norwich wanted to offer PL the job before any discussions has supposedly taken place and no compensation was agreed - It was mid season not even during the summer and didn''t give us ample time to source a replacement and completely left us in the lurch I would suggest on the basis of that, around £400,000 with a bit more to come if Lambert takes you up. You could just give us Holt and Hoolahan and call it even!! :)[/quote]

We haven''t got 400k.    How about Cureton?

£400''000 LOL!

You''ll be lucky to get anything. Anyway Lambert resigned and we offered him a job.

£400''000 funny as...

It''s fairly easy to explain I think.  Colchester is a very small club and always has been.  It suffers in two ways - according to statistics released by Ipswich Town a couple of years ago 9000 credit card transactions to that club (either season/club shop sales etc) had a Colchester postcode.  Further there is huge support for Hammers, Spurs among the London clubs in particular, traditionally because a lot of families moved out to our part of the world to escape London bombings in the 40''s and family allegiances still hold.  To which you have to add that we only managed two seasons in the Championship and traditionally since 1937 have been a lower league club - sometimes in the last tier.  It''s an easy jaunt to Hammers from the Colchester area.

The club owner is a Hammers fan, born close to the ground, and indeed he sponsored their first team shirts for several seasons.   We have made some progress - it was not many seasons ago when home crowds were below 3000.  Like many small clubs we do, however, have a pretty loyal fan base and, overall in these difficult times, our attendances are holding up well.  As has been pointed out Walsall brought only just over 100. 

to be quite serious about this , it would be normal for PL to owe Colchester the same amount as he was to be paid on his 1 year contract, however , it would seem that there were ( as is also quite normal ) caveats in the contract, making it less than cut and dried as to how much is actually owed, I would think its these conditions that are holding up negotiations rather than just the amount , as for the figure .......we don''t have any money so anything is too much ! ( you can have Whaley and Nelson instead of money  :) )

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]Your kidding right? At least the other comment actually understood you owe us money![/quote]

In my opinion, we owe you sweet bugger all my friend.

How about you just give us three stands for the game at your place and that will at least give you a sell out crowd? Should be adequate compo.

But given that your fans reckon Aidy is a better manager anyway, not sure why you would need any cash in the first place.

To be fair, I heard he [Aidy] was cracking at putting the cones out when he worked at our place.

Ahh Wizard... I have missed you on our board!

I beg to differ but you do. I think a good point was made above that there must be bits in the contract that need working out otherwise it would have been done by now.

If you poach, which you can have no argurment you did (mCNalley even said so) then you must expect to compensate the club you have got him from surely?

If Lambert got approached about the Boro job and left, you would expect compensation would you not?

"Very articulate answer... Are you 5?"

More articulate than your own, tho - mine didn''t come with the playground insults, too... and you can''t even answer the points raised.

[quote user="CUFCNYC"]Ahh Wizard... I have missed you on our board! I beg to differ but you do. I think a good point was made above that there must be bits in the contract that need working out otherwise it would have been done by now. If you poach, which you can have no argurment you did (mCNalley even said so) then you must expect to compensate the club you have got him from surely? If Lambert got approached about the Boro job and left, you would expect compensation would you not?[/quote]

Hi there CUFC, I only post on your excellent site, if someone is having a pop at PL or City.

You gave us permission to speak to Lambert, and the point is, can you prove we offered him the job BEFORE he resigned.........or have I got that wrong?

[quote user="First Jedi"] you can''t force someone to work a job they don''t want to - thats called slavery (although - technically that isn''t actually banned in this country!!).[/quote]

Scedule 1 Article 4 Human Rights Act 1998.1

No one shall be held in slavery or servitude.

No one shall be required to perform forced or compulsory labour.

"Can we pass? :)"

Not sure if that is to me or not...?

I did facetiously make a point, I would like answering tho... you''ve made a lot of the "decision made before even interviewing" - but I''d honestly say, if Google came along and offered me a job, I''d say "yes" before they finished the sentence. Google is a good company, and more importantly, my current job sucks... So Lambert knew he''d want to joing a club with 5 times as many supporters watching each game - bit of a no-brainer... maybe he''d have taken any job to get away from you guys, as his job sucked...!! (only teasing...!)... my question remains; so what if he''d decided he wanted to go before an interview - it has zero relevance...

"Scedule 1 Article 4 Human Rights Act 1998."

Check this out then (sorry - I know nothing really about this, just read about it in the paper today...);

http://www.antislavery.org/english/press_and_news/news_and_press_releases_2009/230910_house_of_lords_vote_on_forced_labour_law.aspx