Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

How pleasing to see a manager give the youngsters a chance.

I know we are struggling with injuries and have a smallish squad, but it is pleasing to see Lambert give the youngsters a chance.  Personally I don''t think any of those given a chance so far have let the side down.  This will have a positive knock on effect for the next bunch of players coming up through the academy, who can see that they can get into the first team and stay there.

The more I see and hear of Lambert I believe at long last the board have made the right selection.  I have never heard him criticise the players in public, and he is always the first to comment on the part the supporters are playing.  It is early days, and we are in League 1, but Lambert seems to have put together a team that want to play for each other, and have pride in wearing the Norwich shirt, and I haven''t said that about a Norwich side for a long time.

Youngsters tend to play without fear when they come in to the side and are allowed a bit of slack because, well because they are young. The problems start when the expectation levels are raised, Chris Martin being a classic case. I personally think he is coping well with the pressure but if Korey Smith''s form dips he will also find that being young will no longer be an excuse. I am also thoroughly enjoying watching the youngsters though.

Yes I agree. also Norwich have always been a selling club over the years and if you do not produce and play good youngsters you will never be able to sell them on. The future looks bright

Yes, Paul Lambert and the two Ians are doing a great job so far. Long may it continue. Can you imagine the situation if Roeder was still here; we''d still be wasting money on loan players and not one youngster would have been deemed good enough for the first team by that football genius. If Lambert receives sufficient financial backing from the board, the good times will almost certainly return to Carrow Road.

To be honest, I think it''s Gunn we should thank. If he hadn''t bought such a load of utter rubbish, we wouldn''t have had to play the kids in the first place.

I also think it''s one of the few advantages of getting relegated. It allows Smith and Spillane to settle into the side, gain useful experience. I would be much tougher for them in the Championship, but, it we do go up, then they will have had a full season to stand them in good stead.

That''s a good point, Robert. As you say, if we were still playing in a higher league, it could have been too much of a baptism of fire for most of the youngsters to have been introduced to first team football so soon.