Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Points Total

Nearly a third of the season has gone and we have had our downs and ups. Now the picture has settle with Lambert and co it is a good time to look at the statistics and what may happen. In his games to date he is averaginh 1.9 points per game. If we repeated that over our remaining games plus the 22 we have already that would put us on aor around 83. The would probably mean 3rd or 4th plave but would be most unlikely to clinch one of the top 2 spots. Against that is the danger [ unlikely in my view] that some of our better players could leave in january. More probable even though cash is tight if we are up ther come the new year would be a couple of quality additions to give us the boost the Hucks and Crouch gave us to turn that 83 or so into 90 plus which would get second spot. Charlton are on course for 95 and Leeds 107 at the moment. Also in my view we need to look over our shouldres at fast imroving Southampton and Millwall

The form guides always point to the last six games, this is perhaps even more pertinent in our case given that Lambert had to settle in to the job. Taking our last six game average our points total would be in the nineties. Still early doors though and a long way to go...

Charlton and Leeds both had blistering starts but recently have been dropping points, indeed Leeds had their first defeat at the weekend, so I don''t think that they will hit the point scores that you predict. Our form has been improving and I think will better those two teams until the end of the season.  It will certainly be interesting to see how Leeds fare away to Bristol Rovers tonight bearing in mind that we beat them 5-1.