Sign in to follow this  
Lineo

PAULTON ROVERS AWAY

The relevant part of the rules:-

"a.All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals

In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:

i.The request for tickets shall be made within two days of the draw. "

[quote user="colufan"]Cam - its up to 15% for away clubs in the FA Cup.[/quote]

I think you will find it has been changed this season - also that the home side cannot ask to play at the away ground.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="colufan"]Cam - its up to 15% for away clubs in the FA Cup.[/quote]

I think you will find it has been changed this season - also that the home side cannot ask to play at the away ground.

[/quote]

The no-switch to the away ground rule has been in force for a while - I think since the Farnborough vs Arsenal farce a few years ago.

[quote user="seby1991"]As much as I think it should be played there I cannot see it happening. There is no chance that police or the health and safety man will be happy with 2 turnstiles for 3000 people, no segreation and also if sky do decide to turn up where are they going to put all their equipment and huge lorries?
[/quote]

My bet re TV would be to take over most of the car parking spaces and build their own gantries.[;)]  Or just get special dispensation from Avon and Somerset and park on the road.

The quote is from the FA Cup regulations on the FA website. Maybe they need to amend them if that''s the case.

[quote user="colufan"]The quote is from the FA Cup regulations on the FA website. Maybe they need to amend them if that''s the case.[/quote]

Much of their website is grossly out of date.  It''s marginally worse than the Football League web site and the permanently absent Press Office.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Blimey,less than to hours since the draw and you honestly think that the two Clubs secretaries and the local plod have been in contact to discuss ticketing arrangements and safety and security issues?All that can be said for sure at this stage is that under FA cup rules the visiting club can demand 25% of capacity and 25% of what looks to be 2,000 will give NCFC major headaches in attempting to pacify our 1200 to 1500 away regulars.[/quote]

Isn''t it 15% for F A Cup games Tilly?

[/quote]

Sorry CA a slip of the typing finger with 1 being next to 2.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Blimey,less than to hours since the draw and you honestly think that the two Clubs secretaries and the local plod have been in contact to discuss ticketing arrangements and safety and security issues?All that can be said for sure at this stage is that under FA cup rules the visiting club can demand 25% of capacity and 25% of what looks to be 2,000 will give NCFC major headaches in attempting to pacify our 1200 to 1500 away regulars.[/quote]

Isn''t it 15% for F A Cup games Tilly?

[/quote]

Sorry CA a slip of the typing finger with 1 being next to 2.

[/quote]you slipped twice?

The MINIMUM capacity to be offered to the away side is 15 per cent.  Depending upon the capacity of the ground, and obviously on the number of home tickets sold, the away club has the right to ask for an increase to 25 per cent if the home allocation has not been fully sold and if the AWAY club has fully sold their allocation.

IF the location is switched to Bath''s ground (capacity 9000) you could, if you want, ask for the minimum allocation to be increased.

Match confirmed as being shown on Austar Setanta Sports pay channel in Australia. It will be the fourth time we have seen  Norwich in a  T/V Match downunder this season. More often than previously when they were in the Championship. Hopefully the good times will  keep on coming

[quote user="IOW Canary"]Very true. Money talks at that level. From a purely selfish point of view I''d prefer it to be staged at a different, local ground. Bristol Rovers or Ashton Gate. Atleast anyone who wants to go will be able to get a ticket. If it is at Paulton''s ground the only people likely to get tickets are a few hundred Club Cabbage regulars which will make for a poor atmosphere (not to mention embarrasing to look at on TV what with them all being NFN scarfers).[/quote]

You mean the regulars who go to all away games? Not just pick and choose the best.  The game should be at theur ground, that is what cup ties are about, especially as it looks like they will get TV money

What are the financial implications for Paulton if the game''s moved? Do they not get Sky money any more? Or is it reduced?

[quote user="ron obvious"]

What are the financial implications for Paulton if the game''s moved? Do they not get Sky money any more? Or is it reduced?

[/quote]

They would presumably still get the sky money if the game is on sky. Financially I presuem it may also be better for them as they would geta  bigger crowd and could offer us 2-3,000 tickets.

I guess though that the game would probably be less attractive to sky and they would probably think they have less of a chance as the whole romance of the fa cup centres around us having to play at their little ground with the culture shock that would bring!

[quote user="hardley"]Match confirmed as being shown on Austar Setanta Sports pay channel in Australia. It will be the fourth time we have seen  Norwich in a  T/V Match downunder this season. More often than previously when they were in the Championship. Hopefully the good times will  keep on coming

[/quote]

I I''m not sure how it could be confirmed here when it has not even been confirmed in England yet.

Sounds about right though if it does go ahead, the only bloody channel I don''t get! i was hoping it would of been on ESPN as I woke up early one sunday to find Kings Lynn -v- Oldham being shown live one year.

Looks like I will have to stump up for Setanta for a month if it does turn out to be the case.

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="IOW Canary"]Very true. Money talks at that level. From a purely selfish point of view I''d prefer it to be staged at a different, local ground. Bristol Rovers or Ashton Gate. Atleast anyone who wants to go will be able to get a ticket. If it is at Paulton''s ground the only people likely to get tickets are a few hundred Club Cabbage regulars which will make for a poor atmosphere (not to mention embarrasing to look at on TV what with them all being NFN scarfers).[/quote]

You mean the regulars who go to all away games? Not just pick and choose the best.  The game should be at theur ground, that is what cup ties are about, especially as it looks like they will get TV money

[/quote]

I agree. Irf it can be staged there then i very much hope it is. I am an AST holder (as are several of my mates) and none of us travel on cabbage. Fact is we go to every game and therefore deserve priority when games like this come along. In fact often the best away atmosphere''s are at game like Plymouth or the other far flung venues when only the hard core show up.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

[/quote]

I''d have thought the TV people might still be tempted to cover the game if it''s at Twerton Park but probably not at a ground any bigger. That said I don''t remember ever seeing a TV live match where there''s been a change of venue to accommodate a bigger crowd.

I''ve a feeling the TV money is a six figure sum for the home team so providing Paulton can clear safety issues with the authorities my hunch is they''ll want to stage the game at Winterfield Rd. It''s strange to think that our visit will probably be the biggest occasion in Paulton Rovers entire existence, to date or in the future, so I''m sure they''ll be very keen to make it a really special day in the spotlight for all their unsung players and loyal supporters. 

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

I agree. Irf it can be staged there then i very much hope it is. I am an AST holder (as are several of my mates) and none of us travel on cabbage. Fact is we go to every game and therefore deserve priority when games like this come along. In fact often the best away atmosphere''s are at game like Plymouth or the other far flung venues when only the hard core show up.

[/quote]

Agree too Jim. Anyone who''s been an away season ticket holder in the last three or four years deserves a medal never mind priority for special games like this......

I fully agree with all the comments about who "deserves" to go if the game is played at Paulton''s ground. I''m in the first priority group after the AST holders. I''d love to go to the match if played at Paulton''s ground, but if it''s moved to one of the bigger Bristol grounds I really wouldn''t be that bothered. I''d much rather be in a ballot of 100 from 2,000 for a chance to go to Paulton than having a certain ticket at Ashton Gate, or wherever.

My biggest concern at the moment is the post strike, just how would the club be able to process applications and send out tickets? No home game before then either!

[quote user="PLAMBERT"]does anyone know how many AST we have?[/quote]

I thought it was about 250.

Sorry to post 2 in a row but does anyone know how many their ground holds. I read their capacity is 2000 when I googled it but since have read they could get 3000 or even 3500 in there.

Does anyone know which is right?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry to post 2 in a row but does anyone know how many their ground holds. I read their capacity is 2000 when I googled it but since have read they could get 3000 or even 3500 in there.

[/quote]

I read somewhere that it will hold 5000

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I read somewhere that it will hold 5000

[/quote]

They''re trying to boost it to 4,000, sorting it out with the FA today.