Sign in to follow this  
Lineo

PAULTON ROVERS AWAY

Maybe if the game was moved there would be less chance of it being televised, so it''s in Paulton''s interest to do everything possible to get it played at their own ground.

[quote user="Matt"]

Hello all,

I actually attended the Paulton v Chippenham game yesterday!

As i have lived in Chippenham for the last 20 years they are very much my 2nd team now, and so went to watch with great anticipation and hope of qualifying for the 1st round proper and joking of getting Norwich at Chippenham.....never believed we would fail the ''easy'' bit by losing so badly to Paulton ...and then see them actually drawing Norwich!!!!

So that part of the dream is over, but i thought i would just post my 1st hand experience of the ground etc

Chippenham were terrible.  Just never turned up and bowed out without any sort of fight.  With respect to Paulton, the game was handed to them.  They have some loan strikers from Bristol Rovers who have a bit of pace, but to be honest it is difficult to judge their real ability as Chippenham put up so little resistance.  The goals were decent enough, none of the scrambled bundle the ball over the line stuff you might expect.   Very good header for the first, defensive garbage for the others, and also hit the bar when it was easier to score from where i was watching anyway.

attendance was 900 yesterday-their biggest of the season.  More than half would have been Chippenham fans.  Looking at their other attendances in the programme, they have had league games with les than 100 !!!

THE GROUND!

For a team in that division i think most of us were fairly impressed with the facilities.  It is small but very tidy.  We got there about quarter to 2 and sat in the lounge bar and watched the Wolves Villa game on one of 2 large TV''s.  The rolls behind the bar were ok at £1.20. Nice Chicken one and a cheese and pickle.  Carling/Worthington/Guiness all good on draught.  They had one main bar and also an ''overflow'' one that was in a function room behind it.

Didnt appear to be any seggregation at all for fans and also only one main exit gate i think which i wouldnt fancy getting out of at the end if the ground was full or in any emergency.

Oh and decent programmes for just £2 too!

Parking is £1 at the ground.  Lots of space if you get there as early as we did.  Also plenty of street parking within just a few minutes walk.

Cheers

Matt

[/quote]

Hello mate,

As somebody who has some local knowledge of the place ,what are the surrounding areas like?, What I mean by this is that if this match is played here there will quite blatantly not be enough away tickets to satisfy demand, many of the pictures we''ve seen of the ground are showing lots of raised hills around he stadium, were people up there watching the match ,is it private land, whats the deal for people who may travel there on the "off chance"?

Just looking on google map and this place really is tiny. The ground also looks very basic and cant really see us getting a big allocation. I do fancy going but as im in london and I really have public transport to go with, I can see it being a bit of a nightmare to get too

I can see a " Hoolahan Hill" developing there behind one of the goals!!!

Wonder who owns it...he could make a real killing selling standing room lol

[quote user="McCanary"]

I can see a " Hoolahan Hill" developing there behind one of the goals!!!

Wonder who owns it...he could make a real killing selling standing room lol

[/quote]

All joking aside, this does raise a serious issue. Norwich fans WILL travel here even without tickets on the off chance of watching the match from outside the stadium as from first glance there appears to be plentyof vantage points available.

Surely this type of thing must come into consideration when deciding if it should be staged here or in Bristol.

Christ, yet another example of how far we''ve fallen. I''m actually contemplating driving to a small village in Somerset to stand on a grass hill to watch my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]its on sky apprantley[/quote]

where you see that?

[/quote]

Jones and his players watched the draw live on television at Rovers'' Winterfield Road stadium.

"There

was a big cheer when we came out of the hat at home," said the boss.

"Then there was a ginormous cheer when Norwich came out!

"We

have been earmarked by Sky TV as one of their live games and we are

having a meeting with the FA tomorrow (NB now likely to be Tuesday

morning) to ensure we can host the tie. We definitely want to hold it

here and we don''t see any problems."

he said that they have meeting tomorrow as to where the game will be held. then he said that his real job is to import flowers! biggest day of his career in his own words

Basically just their manager saying they have a meeting with the F.A on Monday and they''ll do everything they can to keep it at their ground. Goldstein said that it would have been better at Carrow Road and sorted out their financial worries, their manager then talked about the game potentially being on TV and that the financial side of that. Then Goldstein and Cundy said that they hope Paulton win.

For those of you lucky enough to get a ticket for this game, and there probably won''t be many, here is a few photos of the place so that you know what you''re letting yourselves in for. I have to say, judging by what you see here I will be ASTOUNDED if the FA and police let the tie go ahead at this venue. Check out the hill behind the open end. If I can''t get a ticket, I''m gonna be sat right at the top of that big bugger!http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/paulton_rovers.html

Yeh after looking at pictures of the ground really cant see them letting the game happen there. It really is just tiny. Apparently it only has two turnstiles aswell which I really cant see being safe. As you say if it does happen there and I cant get a ticket I will just stand on the hill. I saw the capacity can be up to 3000. There could be around 1000 or so City fans with people from other places also coming maybe so I cant really see how such a small village could deal with such a huge influx of people.

If we get 15% of their capacity for tickets guess we''ll get 300 which will go to the away season ticket holders so lets hope its on tv.

[quote user="cityangel"]If we get 15% of their capacity for tickets guess we''ll get 300 which will go to the away season ticket holders so lets hope its on tv.[/quote]Have a look at pictures of the ground. There is a huge hill behind one of the goals so even if we have 300 we can still just have many more watch it for free there

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Blimey,less than to hours since the draw and you honestly think that the two Clubs secretaries and the local plod have been in contact to discuss ticketing arrangements and safety and security issues?All that can be said for sure at this stage is that under FA cup rules the visiting club can demand 25% of capacity and 25% of what looks to be 2,000 will give NCFC major headaches in attempting to pacify our 1200 to 1500 away regulars.[/quote]

Isn''t it 15% for F A Cup games Tilly?

Remember guys we''ve already had 3 games on Sky this year, using up our quota very quickly! (not that we have a quota...)

This is the big match of the draw however, the only contender I see is Oldham v Leeds or Rovers v Southampton (thats from memory so I may be wrong) but they aren''t really big FA Cup ties...any local Paulton Rovers fans I wonder?! Team colours???

Is that hill not on private land? You''ll be shot!

Just had a look at their website, only one of their players is over 30! Most of them are around 20yrs old or younger. Will be a great day for them!

How the hell is ''Allo Neil'' & ''Gormless Goreham'' going to do the commentary?  Are they going to sit at the top of the hill with a big pair of **** off binoculars?

Very true. Money talks at that level. From a purely selfish point of view I''d prefer it to be staged at a different, local ground. Bristol Rovers or Ashton Gate. Atleast anyone who wants to go will be able to get a ticket. If it is at Paulton''s ground the only people likely to get tickets are a few hundred Club Cabbage regulars which will make for a poor atmosphere (not to mention embarrasing to look at on TV what with them all being NFN scarfers).

As much as I think it should be played there I cannot see it happening. There is no chance that police or the health and safety man will be happy with 2 turnstiles for 3000 people, no segreation and also if sky do decide to turn up where are they going to put all their equipment and huge lorries?

[quote user="cityangel"]If we get 15% of their capacity for tickets guess we''ll get 300 which will go to the away season ticket holders so lets hope its on tv.[/quote]

The away club is entitled to ask for 25 per cent of the allocation in the FA Cup.  Still clearly would not be enough but a little more.