Sign in to follow this  
Lineo

PAULTON ROVERS AWAY

[IMG]http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Paulton_copyright.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Paulton_view_copyright.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Paulton_stand_front_copyright.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Paulton_near_goal___clubhouse_copyright.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Paulton_far_side_copyright.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Paulton_far_side_close_copyright.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Paulton_far_goal_copyright.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Paulton_car_park_copyright.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]Last year ITV picked Histon and Leeds I wonder if we''ll get picked this time in the hope of a giantkilling.[/quote]

I''d be surprised if ITV didn''t choose this one.
[/quote]

Surely we must be favourites to be on unless perhaps the tie is switched to Ashton Gate ( which will probably be the only guaranteed way to see it live unless you''ve got an away season ticket )

The only other non-league v league games that probably will appeal to ITV are Northwich Victoria v Charlton and maybe Gateshead v Brentford 

That ground looks awesome! Middle of nowhere!

I imagine their fans sound exactly like our Canary callers too...

We will be lucky to get 50 tickets I think! Doubt they have an ''away end''.

I don''t know, that hill behind the goal is like the original spion kops. Reckon our normal away contingent and more could take that.

Seriously though can''t they erect a Gillingham type temporary arrangement - if its good enough for Tier 3, it has to be for FA cup 1st round.

The Paulton chairman has been on and says the authorities may not allow the game to be played at their place, would it be moved to Ashton Gate? Would certainly allow us to take a far larger following but does lose the feel about the cup

Hi, Bristol City fan here, who lives just up the road from Paulton, father in law is a Paulton fan.Much as it would be great for the village, I''d be very surprised if the games was played at Winterton Road, to say it''s basic is an understatement, no such thing as Segregation and only a couple of turnstiles to let fans in, I''d imagine if the club are moving the game locally, if Possible will take it to Bath''s Twerton Park, home of Bath City (formerly Bristol Rovers in the 90''s) which holds around 9000To be honest though, there is as much chance of that happening as there is of us transfering the game to Norwich, although it would limit away fans willing to travel, it would be a massive money spinner for us and the club seriously need the moneyeither way it should be interesting.

Hi, Bristol City fan here, who lives just up the road from Paulton, father in law is a Paulton fan.

Much as it would be great for the village, I''d be very surprised if the

games was played at Winterton Road, to say it''s basic is an

understatement, no such thing as Segregation and only a couple of

turnstiles to let fans in,

I''d imagine if the club are moving the game locally, if Possible will

take it to Bath''s Twerton Park, home of Bath City (formerly Bristol

Rovers in the 90''s) which holds around 9000

To be honest though, there is as much chance of that happening as there

is of us transfering the game to Norwich, although it would limit away

fans willing to travel, it would be a massive money spinner for us and

the club seriously need the money

either way it should be interesting.as for the temp stand, simply.....we couldn''t afford it

Thanks bhred, i selfishly want the game moved to a slightly bigger ground as i want to make the visist and don''t stand a chance ticket-wise whilst the game is being played in Paulton. I''d hate for the game to be played at Ashton Gate, the ground wouldn''t be half full and just wouldn''t have an early round cup game feel to it, Bath City would be far better, i''d guess Paulton will get a few thousnad local fans in there and i''m sure we''d take 1,500-2,000 down there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Paulton,+Bristol,+Avon,+United+Kingdom&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=44.118686,95.097656&ie=UTF8&cd=3&geocode=FaPiDgMd-8fZ_w&split=0&hq=&hnear=Paulton,+Bristol,+Avon,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.302587,-2.495761&spn=0.001068,0.003924&t=h&z=19

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]lol what us or them?[/quote]

Let''s hope that the ITV camera team have a reliable SatNav !!  

[/quote]

One would hope so lol can''t beat sat nag

Hello all,

I actually attended the Paulton v Chippenham game yesterday!

As i have lived in Chippenham for the last 20 years they are very much my 2nd team now, and so went to watch with great anticipation and hope of qualifying for the 1st round proper and joking of getting Norwich at Chippenham.....never believed we would fail the ''easy'' bit by losing so badly to Paulton ...and then see them actually drawing Norwich!!!!

So that part of the dream is over, but i thought i would just post my 1st hand experience of the ground etc

Chippenham were terrible.  Just never turned up and bowed out without any sort of fight.  With respect to Paulton, the game was handed to them.  They have some loan strikers from Bristol Rovers who have a bit of pace, but to be honest it is difficult to judge their real ability as Chippenham put up so little resistance.  The goals were decent enough, none of the scrambled bundle the ball over the line stuff you might expect.   Very good header for the first, defensive garbage for the others, and also hit the bar when it was easier to score from where i was watching anyway.

attendance was 900 yesterday-their biggest of the season.  More than half would have been Chippenham fans.  Looking at their other attendances in the programme, they have had league games with les than 100 !!!

THE GROUND!

For a team in that division i think most of us were fairly impressed with the facilities.  It is small but very tidy.  We got there about quarter to 2 and sat in the lounge bar and watched the Wolves Villa game on one of 2 large TV''s.  The rolls behind the bar were ok at £1.20. Nice Chicken one and a cheese and pickle.  Carling/Worthington/Guiness all good on draught.  They had one main bar and also an ''overflow'' one that was in a function room behind it.

Didnt appear to be any seggregation at all for fans and also only one main exit gate i think which i wouldnt fancy getting out of at the end if the ground was full or in any emergency.

Oh and decent programmes for just £2 too!

Parking is £1 at the ground.  Lots of space if you get there as early as we did.  Also plenty of street parking within just a few minutes walk.

Cheers

Matt

[quote user="bh_red"]Hi, Bristol City fan here, who lives just up the road from Paulton, father in law is a Paulton fan.

Much as it would be great for the village, I''d be very surprised if the games was played at Winterton Road, to say it''s basic is an understatement, no such thing as Segregation and only a couple of turnstiles to let fans in,

I''d imagine if the club are moving the game locally, if Possible will take it to Bath''s Twerton Park, home of Bath City (formerly Bristol Rovers in the 90''s) which holds around 9000

To be honest though, there is as much chance of that happening as there is of us transfering the game to Norwich, although it would limit away fans willing to travel, it would be a massive money spinner for us and the club seriously need the money

either way it should be interesting.

as for the temp stand, simply.....we couldn''t afford it
[/quote]

Hi there, 

i had a feeling the entry/exit would be the biggest problem.  Although you say its basic, i thought it was very tidy, and a credit to the league i would imagine.

Certainly deserved to beat Chippenham anyway.  Father-in-law must be well chuffed!

Matt

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The Paulton chairman has been on and says the authorities may not allow the game to be played at their place, would it be moved to Ashton Gate? Would certainly allow us to take a far larger following but does lose the feel about the cup[/quote]

Any idea how they are allocating tickets yet??  I went to watch Paulton V Chippenham yesterday.....and still have my stub!!

Fantastic draw, my old man lives half a mile from there. Got to be moved to Bris Rovers or City. I got season ticket and ten stubs from last season but even so dont much rate chances of getting a ticket if they decide to play at there ground.

I''m a Chippenham fan who was at the game yesterday and firstly i must say how dissapionted I am not to be playing you, you would definatley be able to fit into our ground.I also have to say it is going to have to move here are a few reasons why:1. There is no Segregation2. The Far end gap (where the away fans will stand) between the spectator wall and the boundry fence is about 4-5ft3. It simply is not big enough4.

You cannot get Coaches into the Car Park, yesterday the Team and the

fans coach had to pull up on the road, drop off and drive to the nearest

car park. So I dont know how on earth you are going to get several

coaches and possibly (almost certantly) some TV crews in.I would say it would have to be played at either Bristol Rovers or Bath City.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]Last year ITV picked Histon and Leeds I wonder if we''ll get picked this time in the hope of a giantkilling.[/quote]

I''d be surprised if ITV didn''t choose this one.
[/quote]

Agreed Mr H...........it just has to be the top choice, however, it is ITV![:S]

They shouldn''t be allowed to move the game if they cant perform the fixture like its been drawn they shouldn''t be in the cup! its what the f.a cup was all about bigger clubs going to these tiny grounds, move it and the tie will be ruined in my opinion.