Sign in to follow this  
treacletown07

Stockport Away

Its seated, according to my ticket, although without a roof... not sure what the ground''s like on the inside, only been past it in the car or on a bike, but it looks like your classic ''lower-league'' ground to me - surrounded by houses and shops, slap bang in the middle of Edgeley (which, for me, is about 15 minutes on the old bicycle) [:D]Can I look forward to seeing any more Pink''uners inside the ground?

Just phoned up ticket office to ask about tickets on the gate (bit of a concern with postal strike that tickets would get lost in the system) - they said as long as they don''t sell out ahead of the game and Stockport allow it, they will be available on the gate, but no definite answer on this until Wed/Thurs next week - alternatively if people want to avoid posting they can book now and have them sent up on the supporters'' coach to pick up at Stockport on the day.

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Canarytom will be going[/quote]

So will you, when I eventually sort our tickets out!

[/quote]hopefully you have sorted them by now!

Me and Miss Hools will be there...I was sold a car park ticket by our box office but they couldn''t tell me where it is in relation to Edgely Park...I''m presuming it is nearby.

Pitch is bound to be crap as Sale play their rugby there.

i live 20 minutes drive away from the ground and can confirm stockport is a bit of a hole. The ground is decent enough for a league 1 team the away bit used to be standing but i think they added seating a couple of years ago. And most of the fans are teen chavs/scrots who are utd or city fans who decided to support county because its cheaper.

[quote user="Barlodona"]i live 20 minutes drive away from the ground and can confirm stockport is a bit of a hole. The ground is decent enough for a league 1 team the away bit used to be standing but i think they added seating a couple of years ago. And most of the fans are teen chavs/scrots who are utd or city fans who decided to support county because its cheaper.[/quote]Like you Chris? [:P]

Me, the mrs and a mate are thinking of going as we''re in Manchester that weekend for a gig, but I''m really concerned about the tickets not arriving in the post.

[quote user="Barlodona"]i live 20 minutes drive away from the ground and can confirm stockport is a bit of a hole. The ground is decent enough for a league 1 team the away bit used to be standing but i think they added seating a couple of years ago. And most of the fans are teen chavs/scrots who are utd or city fans who decided to support county because its cheaper.[/quote]Not many City fans - they''re Stockports biggest rivals.But most of them are chav kids, no doubt. They''re quite good, though.

Not this time tfa, my corporate friends budgets stop at the Yorky border during the current recession so doing it real this time. Its a nice Corporate set up as well, very homely. Long range weather forecast ain''t promising so waterproofs at the ready.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]I plan to go by train, 45 mins from Sheffield. Are any of the other Sheff contingent up for a posse?[/quote]

Are you not on a prawn sandwich (or should I say black pudding) jolly?

[/quote]

Are you going Tangy?

I will decide midweek.  Tickets on the gate would help.

I got my tickets today from the shop in the Mall.I may be wrong, but there weren''t many left in there. Don''t know how many more there will be in the Carra Rud office?My seats would indicate there weren''t many left as well, row C seat 6. (this is assuming that they sell from the back in the middle first!).