Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

I''m going for West Ham v Arsenal - Away win

West Ham are in a bit of a rut & a Fabregas led Arsenal seem inspired at the moment.

I was hoping to be able to have Arsenal next week so I could work Arsene Wenger into my final selections when I pick them on Halloween. (try saying it in a transylvanian accent ?). As they''re playing Tottenham, I think I might have to pass.

Instead I might wear a Roy Keane mask using the face he had the other week after they had lost (again) & the reporter asked if he was going to walk. If I was that reporter, I would have been very scared.

Trouble is, it didn''t scare me, I was too busy laughing. . . . . . . . .

Best of luck Sparkos, & all PUPS

A very tough week but to try and get another 6 I think Italy is the place to go.  Good choice between Inter and Sampdoria as some have spotted, but as they''re on a roll I''ll stick with Inter as Samp have drawn their last 2.

INTER MILAN home WIN for me.

Good luck!!

Stoke seem nearly unbeatable at the Britannia Stadium at the moment, fortunately they are playing away this weekend, where they have trouble scoring.  Tottenham on the other hand are scoring for fun, with 10 goals at home from 4 games.Tottenham (3-0-1, 10 goals scored, 5 conceded at home so far) to beat Stoke (0-3-1, 2 goals scored, 6 conceded away so far) - home win.

How''s about this one. After MK Dons coming in for me for the first time EVER last weekend, I am feeling lucky at the mo. So, it''s off to the Secound Round of the Scottish Cup for me this weekend. Edinburgh City vs Burntisland Shipyard - home winJust purely for the name, I wish I was supporting the away team this week, but I am reliably informed (good ''ol wikipedia) that Edinburgh City are the semi pro team mid table in the East of Scotland Premier Division; whilst Burntisland Shipyard are an amateur outfit hardly pulling up roots in the Glendale Plastics League.Good luck Sparkos!

thanks for nice message at the start mr N,she is beautiful.she helped me pick HUDDERSFIELD v leyton orient home win

A quick look around Europe hasn''t tempted me today. I am always mindful that strange results sometimes happen after the top clubs have midweek European fixtures. So I keep coming back to home soil. In fact the finest home soil there is. because for my nap this week I''m going to the turf of Carrow Road and a home win for our beloved Canaries against the Robins. Swindon haven''t lost many games but have drawn a lot and I believe the early fixture list was kind to them. They are struggling to score goals and lost 0-2 at home to the Poolies last weekend. If we have real ambitions for play-offs or better we have to win these home games. So it''s......

Norwich City     V     Swindon Town     Home win.

[8]When the red red robin comes bob bob bobbin'' along along.....

Take aim guys[;)]

I''m joining Yankee in League two this week. Barnet, unbeaten at home and outside the play-offs on goal difference ( 4 2 0 12 4 ) take on bottom of the league Darlington who have only managed one point away so far ( 0 1 5 3 12 ) so............

Barnet v Darlington..........Home win.

Good luck Sparkos. [Y]

And congratulations to Nutty and all the family on your addition. [:D][<:o)][B][8][*][pi][D][^]

After my debacle last week of going to Finalnd I''m going somewhere I know better.

FC Porto V Academica Coimbra

As we all know Porto are a very good European side. They haven''t conceeded more than 1 goal in any game so far this season and that includes a match at Stamford Bridge. They''ve scored 12 golas in 5 games at home in all competitions and only conceeded 2 having won all 5.

Academica on the other hand haven''t won a game yet and the only goal they''ve scored away from home this season was agaisnt teh team 4th bottom in the league. While they have only conceeded 3 goals and are ranked as the 6th best defence in the league they are facing the 2nd best home attack in Porto.

My only surprise is in a difficult week of fixtures that this oen hasn''t been picked yet!

Good luck Sparkos!

Davo

I looked at Almeria, but there playing Valencia, who may just be too good for them....So i will go to Italy, and go with a nice predicatble one:Inter Milan v CataniaNo explanation need really, just Murinho :D

Randers FC vs Odense BK -AWAY WIN- Top of the table versus bottom. Randers have managed just 3 points out of a possible 36 and Odense have managed 27! Winning 8 out the 12, losing just the once.

Randers have a GD of -17 versus Odense''s +10

I cannot help but feel this is an AWAY banker.

I''m also going to go for a home win for Barnet v. Darlington!

Nutty Nigel ~ Nov 14th is good for me. As I am away next week and won''t be able to use my computer, can I let you have my pick for 31st October too? A home win for Middlesbrough v. Plymouth. Thanks! [:)]

Good Luck, Sparkos!

Thanks for all the messages of good luck, i think i am going to need it as it does look like a tough weekend of fixtures (as several others have already mentioned!).

I''ve noted at least a couple of naps so far that i am sure will be making the final 6 but i wont be naming my selections until tomorrow night so keep the naps coming........please!