Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twelve of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend Sparkos in charge and making the final selections. Sparkos joined us shortly after the start of last season and immediately hit the ground running picking correctly in seven of his first eight weeks. I remember Ray making note of it and we both knew we had another really good picker on board. Sparkos stayed with us every week from then and finished the season on a very credible 26/36 and a strike rate of 72%. This season Sparkos has carried on in the same form and went on a winning run which only came to an end last month. I have been looking forward to Sparkos having his turn for over a year now and I’m sure he’ll do us proud.

Billy must feel like running for cover because it seems every week now we unleash another top drawer picker. We have Sparkos this week followed by Yellow Fever on the 31st. Then this is the rota for the PUPs making the final selections in November. Please confirm to me that the dates are ok, I can easily facilitate a change if the date is unsuitable.

November 7th   - Trent Canary
November 14th - Cosmic Twin
November 21st - Mr Bump
November 28th - Kathy

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Sparkos now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Mark... the free bet is yours...................

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £755 for the Academy,so far.

Also congratulations to Jellytot and Gregt on the birth of Layla Paige this morning [<:o)]She’s beautiful[:D]

I''ve noticed a certain picker likes to pick from this league every week ever so i thought i''d have a dabble this week

Llanelli v Caersws - home win

Wasn''t it also this picker that said that some people were playing the free bet too safely?

well a bit of a challenge to you, i wonder if you''ll head away from the usual Welsh pick and the safety zone this week? [;)]

dont feel you have to the challenge is only a bit of fun, but how big are those cahunas? [:D]

My nap this week is in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round York City to beat Bedworth. Bedworth have reached the 4th qualifying round on 5 previous occasions and never got further. So I expect a win.

Good Luck Sparkos, lets hope it is another good week.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

I''ve noticed a certain picker likes to pick from this league every week ever so i thought i''d have a dabble this week

Llanelli v Caersws - home win

Wasn''t it also this picker that said that some people were playing the free bet too safely?

well a bit of a challenge to you, i wonder if you''ll head away from the usual Welsh pick and the safety zone this week? [;)]

dont feel you have to the challenge is only a bit of fun, but how big are those cahunas? [:D]

[/quote]

DDD, you little monkey... I''ll have a look and let you know [;)]

Already been picked, but nevertheless Im also going for York City over Bedworth United in the FA cup. York City reside in the Conference premier, Bedworth reside in the Southern league division one, the 8th tier of league football. Should be the equivalent of a premiership team taking on a league 2 side.NN - All good for that weekend.

No luck last week in France (Lyon with their minds on Liverpool) so I''m off to Germany this week

Bayern Munich v Eintracht Frankfurt   HOME WIN

Nutty: could you take my pick for 31st October, I''m moving house next week and may not be online again before the w/e, many thanks

Man U v Blackburn  HOME WIN

I''m going with CHELSEA Home Win over Blackburn. Reserving the right, of course, to change my pick should Chelsea become crocked as a squad tonight.  Good Luck!

Well it is time to make the prediction which I erroneously made last week, and was luckily corrected!So it is:Barcelona to beat Real ZaragozaBarcelona are unbeaten at home in the league, and Zaragoza have yet to win away.Good luck Sparkos!

Good luck Sparkos, the bar has been set high this season already but hopefully you can bring in another winning week [Y]

To help you along the way I suggest a trip over to Denmark where Randers FC (bottom of the table, 3 pts from 12 games and only 1/18 at home) entertain Odense.  The visitors are top with 12 goals in 6 away games this season, winning half of them in the process.

I don''t often opt for an away team but this looks nailed on mate!

FA Cup qualifiers:

Oxford United v Thurrock - HOME win.  Thurrock have had a reasonable start in Blue Square South but I think the current Blue Square Premiership leaders will be a tad too strong.

Burnley Vs Wigan

I just looked on bbc sport to find this weeks fixtures and I decided to predict this fixture. Im not sure how it will end up but looking at the table, burnley have the joint best home record points wise winning 4 out of 4 home games including games against Everton, Birmingham, Sunderland and yes Man Utd.

Wigan on the other hand have nto won away this season and I just can''t see Burnley keeping this record up and soon wigan will have to win away, soooo...

My nap for this week is

Burnley vs WIGAN - Away Win!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ lovely line [:D]

so come on, (forgot the pickers name but i no it begins with ''S'') [:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Burnley Vs Wigan

I just looked on bbc sport to find this weeks fixtures and I decided to predict this fixture. Im not sure how it will end up but looking at the table, burnley have the joint best home record points wise winning 4 out of 4 home games including games against Everton, Birmingham, Sunderland and yes Man Utd.

Wigan on the other hand have nto won away this season and I just can''t see Burnley keeping this record up and soon wigan will have to win away, soooo...

My nap for this week is

Burnley vs WIGAN - Away Win!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ lovely line [:D]

so come on, (forgot the pickers name but i no it begins with ''S'') [:D]

[/quote]

Sparkos

Struggling to find a winner at the moment so tentertively this week it''s

Rochdale V''s Accrington Stanley  Home win

Good luck Sparko and belated congratulations to Broadslim on last weeks picks.[B]

Finding it hard to see past this one from League Two:

BOURNEMOUTH -v- Grimsby      HOME WIN

Bournemouth currently top with 28 pts from 13 games with a GD of +9, Grimsby in the bottom two with 10 pts from 13 games with a GD of -14

Good Luck Sparkos and all you lovely PUPs  [:D][*]

It looks like DDD has a yearning for being Pup of the year! I don''t want the trophy DDD seeing as I''m surrounded by the things all day! So I''ll indulge your little fantasy, and step out of the "comfort zone" this week. As ever, I studied the Welsh very hard, but there''s no chickens to be counted this week - Llanelli play TNS in the cup quarter final on tues evening and I think both teams will have one eye on that fixture, leading me to steer clear this week.

So, maybe controversially - and apologies to Nutty, this week my nap is

Plymouth v BINNERS - Away win.

Well, its got to come some time soon, and this week looks the best chance for poor old Roy.

Good luck Sparkos - enjoy your week

Hows that for Kahouna''s??

[quote user="leedscanary"]

It looks like DDD has a yearning for being Pup of the year! I don''t want the trophy DDD seeing as I''m surrounded by the things all day! So I''ll indulge your little fantasy, and step out of the "comfort zone" this week. As ever, I studied the Welsh very hard, but there''s no chickens to be counted this week - Llanelli play TNS in the cup quarter final on tues evening and I think both teams will have one eye on that fixture, leading me to steer clear this week.

Well, its got to come some time soon, and this week looks the best chance for poor old Roy.

[/quote]

Mmmmmm burger!!  [;)][:D]

Blimey. I''ve searched the European Leagues all over and have realised this is a very tough week! I was put off by games that would usually stand out, as the team most likely to win seemed to always be the away side ... So I''ve come to a final decision, with Jose Mourinho''s Inter Milan. They are top of Serie A with 19 points, whereas Catania only have 7 points. Inter Milan have won their last 3 home games, and their last game was a 5-0 thrashing away at Genoa - who are higher in the league than Catania.

Inter Milan V Catania - Home win

[quote user="leedscanary"]

[/quote]

I''m not in it for the glory my friend, if i were i wouldn''t have given up my picking week this year for one of the new boys, plus i think it''d be nice if someone that would be able to make it to the presentation night to win the trophy and be able to collect it.

The thing that stuck in my mind was the little moan you had about people going with the crowd and picking ones which were nailed on results and safe bets, well ever since then i''ve noticed that your pick every week has been from the Welsh league so i thought a little step away from the safety zone might be nice for a change for you [:)] again if you wish to change your pick and select your pick from there again dont think you have to do the challenge because i brought it up, at the end of the day its about selecting the nap each picker feels most confident in and winning some money for the academy, not the pickers league table

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Nutty: could you take my pick for 31st October, I''m moving house next week and may not be online again before the w/e, many thanks

Man U v Blackburn  HOME WIN

[/quote]

I certainly will Cherub.

And I have the selection Brendan left with me last week.

Brendan''s selection is :-

Chelsea vs Blackburn - Home win

Off to Sweden this week for a Sunday game..................

Hammarby  v  AIK  - AWAY Win

Have a feeling that this is the first away win I have gone for but I stand to be corrected.

Good Luck Sparkos and all you lovely PUPs [:D][Y]

Looking through the fixtures, it looks a tough week again. Some options in the FA Cup qualifiers, but its the Cup and you just never know. So for your perusal this week I have this offering from Serie A...

Sampdoria v Bologna - Home Win

Sampdoria have only 1 defeat in 8, are unbeaten at home, and are 2nd to Inter in the table. Bologna have only 1 win all season, and have yet to win away from home.

Good luck PUPs, and especially Sparkos.

The stand out for me in a tough week is Barcelona to beat Zaragoza.

Zaragoza are poor away from home and Barca will be chomping at the bit after the Champions League embarrassment on Tuesday.

Good luck Sparkos and all Pups!