Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Paulton game to be played at Paulton!

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]12:45 kick off Sat 7th Nov live on ITV[/quote]Big gate, FA Cup prize money and ITV live coverage income as well what a great and by all accounts well deserved result for Paulton!!

Hello Darrell - I am delighted to announce that our game against Paulton Rovers in the FA Cup first round will be held at Paulton''s home ground, Winterfield Road, Paulton near Bristol at 12.45 pm on Saturday, 7 November.   This will be a live game on ITV which clearly will be a huge financial bonus for both clubs.   Over and above all that, as a great believer in the FA Cup, I think this represents what cup ties are all about.   I know Paul and his team will take this game very seriously, as they do every game.   I wish Paulton Rovers the best of luck, but not on 7 November!

Alan Bowkett.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]I''ll be gutted if I can''t get a ticket for that, it''s only a few miles from where I grew up and my parents still live.[/quote]I''d get your parents on the case!

[quote user="bristol_canary"]im going to go and sit on the hill and watch the game if i cannot get tickets
[/quote]I believe there is talk of contructing a temporary stand at that end of the ground, so you might not see that much!

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="bristol_canary"]im going to go and sit on the hill and watch the game if i cannot get tickets
[/quote]I believe there is talk of contructing a temporary stand at that end of the ground, so you might not see that much![/quote]

Hopefully, in that case there may be a decent allocation for us. Also, will that many people want to go all the way down to Paulton for a 12:45 kick off when the game is on TV? I doubt it. Mostly exiles and cabbagers for this one I suspect.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]Cam was saying that priority for tickets will go to those who did not claim their rebate. He may have been on the wind up as that sounds really childish and vindictive of the club.[/quote]

Yea, well Cam is a prick

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]Cam was saying that priority for tickets will go to those who did not claim their rebate. He may have been on the wind up as that sounds really childish and vindictive of the club.[/quote]

Think he was joking [:D]

"Pubs geared up. Lots of b&

b, farmhouse & hotels. Try the Court Hotel at Emborough or The

White House in Saltford as the are club supporters & sponsors.I

realise Canaries will be coming from all over UK and abroad (Bristol

Airport is 15 miles away).Bus station next to Bath Rail Station. First

Bus services 178 & 179 run outside the club.As many may come

down Friday night our club is your for the night. Enjoy hospitality,

football chat & banter and the TV build up on the 2 large screen,

plus a wide range of drinks etc.On Saturday night 7-00 p.m. we have the best profession fireworks display in the area followed by a family disco.I

will follow up your suggestion about locals doing accom. and any other

anyone has. Time is tight and work is interfering with the build up!!!"

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]"Pubs geared up. Lots of b& b, farmhouse & hotels. Try the Court Hotel at Emborough or The White House in Saltford as the are club supporters & sponsors.
I realise Canaries will be coming from all over UK and abroad (Bristol Airport is 15 miles away).Bus station next to Bath Rail Station. First Bus services 178 & 179 run outside the club.
As many may come down Friday night our club is your for the night. Enjoy hospitality, football chat & banter and the TV build up on the 2 large screen, plus a wide range of drinks etc.
On Saturday night 7-00 p.m. we have the best profession fireworks display in the area followed by a family disco.
I will follow up your suggestion about locals doing accom. and any other anyone has. Time is tight and work is interfering with the build up!!!"
[/quote]

Do you live down there then Mr Bump?

I don''t know about you lot, but I''m seriously worried about the pitch.

I heard a rumour Lambert was going to send Nelson down there this week to help get it in order.

Hopefully his grazing should get the grass to an acceptable length if nothing else.....heehaw.....