Sign in to follow this  
Canary_on_the Trent

Lowestoft Town 1 up

Well done Lowey. I went to college there many moons ago and have always looked out for them, plus there is a link with all the Norwich players.

[quote user="Klobo7"]How long before they overtake Kings Lynn as our best non-league side?

Lowestoft Town - Pride of Suffolk[/quote]Next season hopefully they''ll be playing at the same level, different regional league though. The vase run to Wembley and last years run not only saved the club from bankruptcy but has enabled them to push on up the pyramid. Town also host bigger crowds than a number of conference sides on saturdays, tonight there was officially 2,200 at the Meadow but i''ve heard from a number of people who were there that it was probably nearer 3,000 but couldn''t be announced as this is well above the ground capacity

Ill be honest I know very little about Lowestofts situation. How well established are they to push on towards the conference?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Well done Lowey. I went to college there many moons ago and have always looked out for them, plus there is a link with all the Norwich players.[/quote]

I had a girlfriend who went to college there many moons ago - she was extremely attractive and had a pussy as tight as a mouses ear, so I was devastated when she left me.Years later I saw her in Norwich with five kids in tow - she was wearing tight jeans and displayed a severe case of camel toe.Funny how things work out.

Was a great game, just got back, the place was full!Also in attendance were, Grant Holt, Cody McDonald, Paul McVeigh and Chris Martin!McVeigh was having a good ole chat with Carolyn and Fleming at the start aswell as Gary Holt who had a great game tonight!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Well done Lowey. I went to college there many moons ago and have always looked out for them, plus there is a link with all the Norwich players.[/quote]

I had a girlfriend who went to college there many moons ago - she was extremely attractive and had a pussy as tight as a mouses ear, so I was devastated when she left me.

Years later I saw her in Norwich with five kids in tow - she was wearing tight jeans and displayed a severe case of camel toe.

Funny how things work out.
[/quote]

Thats my wife now. I reckon 4 of them are yours thou....Lol

[quote user="BarclayA"]Was a great game, just got back, the place was full!Also in attendance were, Grant Holt, Cody McDonald, Paul McVeigh and Chris Martin!McVeigh was having a good ole chat with Carolyn and Fleming at the start aswell as Gary Holt who had a great game tonight![/quote]Would not surprise me to see McVeigh in a blue shirt next season, getting Fleming onto the coaching staff has worked wonders, attracting some very good players with his connections.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Well done Lowey. I went to college there many moons ago and have always looked out for them, plus there is a link with all the Norwich players.[/quote]

I had a girlfriend who went to college there many moons ago - she was extremely attractive and had a pussy as tight as a mouses ear, so I was devastated when she left me.Years later I saw her in Norwich with five kids in tow - she was wearing tight jeans and displayed a severe case of camel toe.Funny how things work out.[/quote]

Thats my wife now. I reckon 4 of them are yours thou....Lol

[/quote]

My wife''s had six kids mate, but she has always done those Kegal excercises..Nonetheless, it''s still like waving a stick in the Albert Hall.  [:D]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Remember it''s half term and lots of minors will still be up, i hate to think what they''re up to now after reading this thread [/quote]

Well, a lot of the ''male'' minors might be "up" after reading the thread. [:D]

Very glad I went to this! Lowestoft ran out 4-2 winners against a side who play two leagues above them and they thoroughly deserved it too. They really did play some classy stuff, you would''ve thought it was us two leagues above them.

Lowie went 1-0 up through a Matt Nolan (who had a superb game) penalty on 10 minutes, then ex-scum player Scott Mitchell scored a cracker to put the Trawler Boys 2-0 up on 20 minutes, Gloucester then tucked away a penalty a few minutes before half-time. I did wonder what effect it would have on them psychologically, but they came out after half-time with the right attitude and mentality.

Ex-Norwich player Andrew Fisk, playing as a defender scored the third with a fine header and Gloucester looked totally out of it until, 20 minutes or so later they scored a goal out of nothing, a grass-cutter from about 25 yards or so out. It completely caught everyone by surprise.

That undoubtedly made everyone in the crowd, and it was a great crowd, nervy. Thankfully, that did not transmit through to the players as Lowestoft stalwart Jamie Godbold (who once had trials at Stoke) made the fourth with some great work and Andy Fisk scored his second of the game to send the crowd wild and book our place in the first round at Wrexham. There was some sort of firework that had been let off in one of the one stands, plenty of smoke and could''ve been dangerous but I couldn''t see clearly. I''m not sure whether it would''ve been powerful enough for Ricky Anglo, but before you ask no, I didn''t see the twat there.

Lowestoft Town are now in the FA Cup 1st round for the first time in their history (have I got that right??) and that is brilliant for the town that I was born and bred in, absolutely brilliant. Micky Chapman (or Chappo), Aidy Gallagher, Craig Fleming and all the lads can be extremely proud of what they''ve achieved so far, this win has now earnt them around £12,500.

Just seen the post about Holt, McDonald, McVeigh and Martin being there (the latter doesn''t surprise me, I had a feeling he might be), never saw them though.

WELL DONE THE TRAWLER BOYS - NOW GO GET WREXHAM!!!!

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Lowestoft Town are now in the FA Cup 1st round for the first time in their history (have I got that right??)[/quote]

No - Lowestoft reached the First Round sometime in the Seventies - ''77'' I think.Call yourself a fan?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Lowestoft Town are now in the FA Cup 1st round for the first time in their history (have I got that right??)[/quote]

No - Lowestoft reached the First Round sometime in the Seventies - ''77'' I think.Call yourself a fan?[/quote]

I know I know, I wasn''t 100% sure, a bit re-miss of me I suppose!

*slaps wrists*

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Lowestoft Town are now in the FA Cup 1st round for the first time in their history (have I got that right??).[/quote]No, this will be the 6th time:

F A CUP 1ST ROUND PROPER 5 TIMES

1926-27 v Watford away 1-10

1938-39 v Swindon Town away 0-6

1966-67 v Leyton Orient away 1-2

1967-68 v Watford home 0-1

1977-78 v Cambridge United home 0-2

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]Just seen the post about Holt, McDonald, McVeigh and Martin being there

(the latter doesn''t surprise me, I had a feeling he might be), never

saw them though. [/quote]Yep, they were all there (near the dug-outs).