Sign in to follow this  
Whats a right winger

Couldn't organise a p*** up

No not City, much to some on here''s disgust, but our neighbours from south of the Waveney. Having organised to take elderly mother to see her sister in law I left the old dears to natter & headed for Portaloo Road. I arrived more than 20 minutes before the game to see a single 50 yard queue. It took 15 minutes for the solitary pensioner to take the money & dish out tickets (why?) as he was having problems with the perforations! The queue into the stand then stopped & remained stationary for another 5 minutes as apparently the only block you were allowed in was full. Eventually we were herded to the lower tier even then a jobsworth was ensuring that only one block could be sat in. Asking what was the problem the reply was we only get 50 for reserve games. Clearly the words local derby and half term don''t register with John Ford & his colleague in the ticket office.

So how many was this crowd they couldn''t handle..400 at the most.

PS City looked fairly well in control until the substitutions. Cody did well for the goal.Rudd Haberham and Dawkins did quite well. Don''t know who the Town side were, no tannoy or scoreboard & teamsheets run out

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]No not City, much to some on here''s disgust, but our neighbours from south of the Waveney. Having organised to take elderly mother to see her sister in law I left the old dears to natter & headed for Portaloo Road. I arrived more than 20 minutes before the game to see a single 50 yard queue. It took 15 minutes for the solitary pensioner to take the money & dish out tickets (why?) as he was having problems with the perforations! The queue into the stand then stopped & remained stationary for another 5 minutes as apparently the only block you were allowed in was full. Eventually we were herded to the lower tier even then a jobsworth was ensuring that only one block could be sat in. Asking what was the problem the reply was we only get 50 for reserve games. Clearly the words local derby and half term don''t register with John Ford & his colleague in the ticket office. So how many was this crowd they couldn''t handle..400 at the most. PS City looked fairly well in control until the substitutions. Cody did well for the goal.Rudd Haberham and Dawkins did quite well. Don''t know who the Town side were, no tannoy or scoreboard & teamsheets run out[/quote]

Wasn''t John Ford, once an employee of NCFC?......The name (like Quasimodo) rings a bell?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]No not City, much to some on here''s disgust, but our neighbours from south of the Waveney. Having organised to take elderly mother to see her sister in law I left the old dears to natter & headed for Portaloo Road. I arrived more than 20 minutes before the game to see a single 50 yard queue. It took 15 minutes for the solitary pensioner to take the money & dish out tickets (why?) as he was having problems with the perforations! The queue into the stand then stopped & remained stationary for another 5 minutes as apparently the only block you were allowed in was full. Eventually we were herded to the lower tier even then a jobsworth was ensuring that only one block could be sat in. Asking what was the problem the reply was we only get 50 for reserve games. Clearly the words local derby and half term don''t register with John Ford & his colleague in the ticket office. So how many was this crowd they couldn''t handle..400 at the most. PS City looked fairly well in control until the substitutions. Cody did well for the goal.Rudd Haberham and Dawkins did quite well. Don''t know who the Town side were, no tannoy or scoreboard & teamsheets run out[/quote]

Wasn''t John Ford, once an employee of NCFC?......The name (like Quasimodo) rings a bell?

[/quote]

Yes he was Trevor Bonds asst. in Commercial Dept

Nice chap (well he was when I knew him!

Well said, also their ball boys were rubbish and took 10 years to retrieve the ball when it got kicked into the stand it must have been why there was 4 mins extra time.

[quote user="Helen"]

Well said, also their ball boys were rubbish and took 10 years to retrieve the ball when it got kicked into the stand it must have been why there was 4 mins extra time.

[/quote]

Shouldnt there have been 10 years extra time ? or were you exagerating just a wee bit