Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Stockport away tickets?

Anybody got any spare? Was looking to get tickets today but had sold out by the time we got down. Couldn''t believe they sold out in half an hour!

Me too, posted a request in the other thread earlier so might as well reiterate for as many eyes as possible, one or two needed pleeeease!

Why can''t they make more available, Unless the game is a total sell out for home fans they are making a mistake because they are just asking for away supporters in the home end which can = trouble

Nonsense situation this is...

Their ground will be half empty and yet City fans are struggling for tickets.

Someone messed up, and I would suggest it is our ticket office''s fault for asking for such a small allocation...

But to not be selling any away tickets on the day is just stupid.

It all comes down to fact that allocation is for whole of designated away end. To offer up other parts of their Stadium to us, they will have to kick out season ticket holders from their favourite vantage points (just think if you have a seat in the Jarrold and becuase ManUre were coming, the club evicted you from your seat and put you in the corner between City Stand and N&P).

We''re too big for this league and we have to get back up to Div 2. Anything else this season is failure and this ticket situation sums up why!

The Stockport ticket office refused to sell me two tickets in one of the home areas this morning as "you haven''t bought over the phone from us before". I said I am from Warrington (which I am) in the hopes they would sell me a couple but no chance. When I asked if I could pay on the day they said no. Fortunately I was able to get 2 tickets via phone to the City ticket office from the extra allocation. I''d have bought them earlier but Stockport said we could pay on the day and now say you can''t.

I find it hard to believe that they would turn away business on the day so perhaps they are trying to prevent ticketless City fans travelling from Norwich by saying no pay on the day.  

I think the issue is why we''ve only been given an allocation of 1100 when the away end holds nearer 1500 (according to footballgroundguide.com) I''m sure there wouldn''t be much more than 1500 going anyhow but to just put the sold out signs on now when there are vast areas of seats likely to be unused smacks of unfairness.

http://www.stockportcounty.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10419~1838607,00.html

From the Stockport site they are asking people to buy tickets in advance to ease congestion on the day. Clearly means there will be cash entry on the day then.

I question the accuracy of the away end holding 1500?

Looking at a photo of the away stand (a better one than is on the footballgroundguide website) I would say that the initial 1090 were the 5 blocks on the left hand side (looking at it from the pitch) and the additional 160 is the smaller block on the far right. That being the case we have the entire end and the only way we''d get more is by opening up other areas of the ground.

That would perhaps create additional stewarding and policing costs that Stockport may not want to take on. Or it may just be that the level of demand has caught them by surprise and they havn''t done the neccessary preperation to open up another stand - after all the last time I went to Stockport we only took 300 or 400 fans.

Fans must love the Third Division! I don''t remember having trouble with aloocations when we played them in the Championship[:O]

[quote user="shefcanary"].......... To offer up other parts of their Stadium to us, they will have to kick out season ticket holders from their favourite vantage points (just think if you have a seat in the Jarrold and becuase ManUre were coming, the club evicted you from your seat and put you in the corner between City Stand and N&P). We''re too big for this league and we have to get back up to Div 2. Anything else this season is failure and this ticket situation sums up why![/quote]

I don''t think your comment is relevant as  part of the Popular stand nearest the away end may  be used for away fans (according to the football grounds website). So its not a question of moving home supporters with season tickets.

Its just a case of a Div 3 club (Stockport) not use to big away support.

They must have had more than 1200 there when the likes of Leeds and Shef Weds have been there in recent seasons. They have been getting crowds of 5,000 for football but Sale get 11,000 for the rugby so there must be loads of spare seats. Would not surprise me if we were told we could have 1,200 or 3,000 but if took the bigger allocation had to pay for them so said no. Either way its a bit os a joke. I cannot believe you won''t get in the home end if you turn up on the day.

And the moral of the story is..... never leave it to the last minute, always buy them as soon as they come out.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Plenty of space in the home end if you''re willing to sit in there
[/quote]

Anybody know if entrance to either of the two side stands (home areas) may be pay on the gate?  If so does anybody have any inside info on what area will be best and closest to the Norwich fans?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Plenty of space in the home end if you''re willing to sit in there
[/quote]

Anybody know if entrance to either of the two side stands (home areas) may be pay on the gate?  If so does anybody have any inside info on what area will be best and closest to the Norwich fans?

[/quote]

I think we have part of the popular side so would guess if you get in there should be able to sit quite close to the norwich fans. Not sure what their fans who sit in that stand are like though.

I''d probably recommend sitting on you''re hands in case we score if you are sitting in home end as it seems from the other thread that the police are non to great there.