Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

HMRC applying to have Southend put into admin

Instead of seeking to have them wound up (as they were previously) they have now asked Southend be put into admin. Could happen tomorrow I believe. Obviously will mean a 10 point penalty for Southend.

Being completely cynical about this do they have any good players we can pinch on the cheap?

[quote user="cityangel"]Thats a shame for Southend fans [:(][/quote]

Shame for them but might be our gain.

Barnard would be a prefect partner for Holt, if i was Lambert i would be placing an offer right now.

[quote user="Tookie140"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Thats a shame for Southend fans [:(][/quote]

Shame for them but might be our gain.

Barnard would be a prefect partner for Holt, if i was Lambert i would be placing an offer right now.

[/quote]You mean an offer like our Seaborne one? I don''t believe we''re in a position to buy anyone right now and if we are, I think a defender is the priority.

As of last Friday, the FL have put an embargo on Southend buying or selling players or even loaning them.  You will have competition for Barnard if he were to be available.  He has been watched by several Championship clubs in the last six weeks or so.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]Are we Canaries or Vultures?! If the tables were turned I would be sickened to hear other clubs picking over our scraps. I hope Southend can sort something out for the sake of their fans.[/quote]

I hope so too.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Although I''d welcome it IF, and its a mighty big IF, it rid of Smith, thats sad for the club.[/quote]You would welcome administration and the hardships it would cause to many people just to get rid of Delia?

Sorry Wiz, nearly forgot, that''s the way you do things in Suffolk! [:-*]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Although I''d welcome it IF, and its a mighty big IF, it rid of Smith, thats sad for the club.[/quote]You would welcome administration and the hardships it would cause to many people just to get rid of Delia?

[/quote]

Hardships? What are you on about Lapp?? It''s just like a reset button on the playstation and part of football. All that happens is a ten point deduction which would be small fry compared to the points we lose each season because we have Smith.

Three points for a win, one for a draw and minus ten for administration.

Simples!!

(Or someone is)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Hardships? What are you on about Lapp?? It''s just like a reset button on the playstation and part of football. All that happens is a ten point deduction which would be small fry compared to the points we lose each season because we have Smith.

Simples!!

(Or someone is)

[/quote]Yeah, but you don''t have the inside sources that Wiz does.  Didn''t you know there''s a Lincolnshire-based mushroom magnate poised to buy us out?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Simples!!

(Or someone is)

[/quote]

Yeah, but you don''t have the inside sources that Wiz does.  Didn''t you know there''s a Lincolnshire-based mushroom magnate poised to buy us out?
[/quote]

It''s just something for Wizard to rue more and foolishly repeat. Some call this indigestion.

I would be snapping at them for Barnard, no problems with that at all. It''s a business and if they can''t afford to keep him and we can afford to buy them, then that is life, I would expect here if god forbid it happened to us.

I don''t know how much money is owed by Southend but no doubt when compared to the revenue available to Premiership clubs, it shows just how unfair the distribution of wealth is within football.

I remember an internet campaign by Bury (fans?) to buy a seat for £10 to save the club from going under.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]I don''t know how much money is owed by Southend but no doubt when compared to the revenue available to Premiership clubs, it shows just how unfair the distribution of wealth is within football. I remember an internet campaign by Bury (fans?) to buy a seat for £10 to save the club from going under.[/quote]

The critical bit is that they owe £660,000 to the taxman but they have been struggling for a long time with a string of County Court judgments from (mostly) local businesses.  This goes back many years - it is not just the current administration.  They''ve been very close to the cliff edge for a long time.

Originally HMRC went for liquidation but presumably have changed to try and get a bit more money out of what has happened.  Presumably they are looking to try and force a sale and sell assets (including the players) but, either way, it doesn''t look very good unless they can come up with over half a million by next Wednesday.  It is wrapped up in various "tier" companies with claims that at least one of them is offshore based.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Thanks for putting some meat on the bones......[/quote]

I think spending beyond their means for years has finally caught up with them.  They''ve certainly been unlucky with the economic situation, their new stadium etc but we''ve all been hit by the economic situation.  They''ve had some big sales - Eastwood was £1.5m I believe - but where that went to is a matter of debate (and they don''t have a string of restaurants/hotels before anyone asks).  I suspect they have simply taken the tax/NI deducted from their employees (including the players) and simply spent it on something else.

As the owner of a very tiny business compared with Southend I don''t relish writing a letter to Her Majesty''s Revenue and Customs which begins:

"Dear Sirs,

I regret we are unable to pay our current tax bill because we have spent it on something else. We apologise but look for your understanding."

Yours faithfully,

[:|]

Barnard will never be coming here - we simply don''t have enough to afford him, he is also wanted by a number of other teams.

Also Cam how can I get in contact with you?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Barnard will never be coming here - we simply don''t have enough to afford him, he is also wanted by a number of other teams.

[/quote]

Try clicking on the pm or email box at the bottom of their post, that should work for you.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

Try dailystarsoc@yahoo.co.uk

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Simples!!

(Or someone is)

[/quote]

Yeah, but you don''t have the inside sources that Wiz does.  Didn''t you know there''s a Lincolnshire-based mushroom magnate poised to buy us out?
[/quote]

It''s just something for Wizard to rue more and foolishly repeat. Some call this indigestion.

[/quote]

And the yank, without an original thought in his head or an ounce of courage, finally teams up with the usual crowd of no marks..........YC, Chops and Lappin who?

Or as I prefer, the three stooges plus one![:D]

Wizard: "Please Sirs, let me come back out of the corner and play."

Stooges: "Later! Bartender....bring us another. We''re having so much fun." 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Thanks for putting some meat on the bones......[/quote]

I think spending beyond their means for years has finally caught up with them.  They''ve certainly been unlucky with the economic situation, their new stadium etc but we''ve all been hit by the economic situation.  They''ve had some big sales - Eastwood was £1.5m I believe - but where that went to is a matter of debate (and they don''t have a string of restaurants/hotels before anyone asks).  I suspect they have simply taken the tax/NI deducted from their employees (including the players) and simply spent it on something else.

As the owner of a very tiny business compared with Southend I don''t relish writing a letter to Her Majesty''s Revenue and Customs which begins:

"Dear Sirs,

I regret we are unable to pay our current tax bill because we have spent it on something else. We apologise but look for your understanding."

Yours faithfully,

[:|]

Their situation sounds very similar to my local team, King''s Lynn, who have a similar tax bill and probably about as much chance of paying it.

[/quote]

I do know from a relative of his that the reason we saw Alex Revell playing for Swindon last Saturday is that he is one of several Southend players whose wages could not be met by the club and consequently, they were offered for loan.