Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Good job Cody

Doing well and scoring against Ipsh*t. Scoring goals and keeping the other strikers on their front feet! He''s giving the gaffer food for thought up front and may be the one who comes off the bench to score the winner next saturday!

I reckon he''s due a first team start if he keeps performing like that for the reserves or do you think he should be kept on the bench as our "pinch-hitter"? I rate him as a prize asset against slow defenders.

He''s better than Cureton no doubt.

He can''t start at the moment because Holt and Martin are playing well.

He got much more pace than Martin and i think he''s better, but you can''t drop a player whos been scoring.

I think Martin looks better when he''s on the wing.

McDonald can''t produce the goods in the 1st team because he isn''t ready yet.

He has been ''plucked'' from non-league football and it will take him at least a year to adjust. Just think all the other players around him have been at a professional club since they were boys and Cody joined when he was 23 years old, he has a lot to learn but I believe he can step up. But people will have to be patient.

This is why Cureton, Martin and Holt are picked in front of him.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

McDonald can''t produce the goods in the 1st team because he isn''t ready yet.

He has been ''plucked'' from non-league football and it will take him at least a year to adjust. Just think all the other players around him have been at a professional club since they were boys and Cody joined when he was 23 years old, he has a lot to learn but I believe he can step up. But people will have to be patient.

This is why Cureton, Martin and Holt are picked in front of him.

[/quote]Hmmm. Not sure I agree. When he comes on, things start happening; Jamie lad''s goals have been scored when things are done & dusted - he doesn''t look capable of changing the course of a game. Do you not think he would have given Leeds a bit more to think about in the last 15 mins?It''s probably best not to start with him, but in games where the opposition''s getting the upper hand & starting to commit to attack - leaving more gaps at the back - he''s the ideal sub.I''m beginning to wonder if Lambert likes "neat & tidy" players more than anything else. Wes, of course, being anything but. Though Lambert''s wise enough to know, the way the Hooligan''s playing, he''s undroppable!

"He got much more pace than Martin and i think he''s better"

How can you think that - Martin has better touch, control, passing and finishing. As exemplified by the fact he is in the first team... The only thing McD has over Martin is pace.

Martin can seem to do very little all game, but he knows when to time his run, pops up in the right place and has great, great finishing skills.Cody has a lot more pace and aggression, but also has a lot to learn regarding finishing and positioning. I''d sooner see him as a sub than Curo, but definitely not starting in Martin''s place.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

Doing well and scoring against Ipsh*t. Scoring goals and keeping the other strikers on their front feet! He''s giving the gaffer food for thought up front and may be the one who comes off the bench to score the winner next saturday!

I reckon he''s due a first team start if he keeps performing like that for the reserves or do you think he should be kept on the bench as our "pinch-hitter"? I rate him as a prize asset against slow defenders.

[/quote]

So is Curo![:|]

Cody will prove that he is a better player than Martin over the next season or so as he has so much more pace and aggression. He just needs to be given the chances, and certainly he should be higher than Cureton in the pecking order. Hopefully he will be given opportunities against Paulton and Swindon in the Cups.  

Cody Deserves A Start! We Only Won Against Gillingham When Cody Came On And Scored The Only Goal. Yet Lambert Still Plays Barn Door Above Him. We Have Had Plenty Of Games Recently That Have Been Calling Out For Cody In Last 15 Minutes Or So, But Lambert Fails To See That/Agree...........

Cody has raw pace, but not enough to go with it. When starting he has not had the same impact as when he appears as a sub, yet Curo is the man at the moment for me. Martin does not play as a striker but wider right, which cody has not adapted to. Curo dills that gap better.

To be brutally honest none of the striking subs are really up to it, and the biggest threat to a sustained promotion push is losing Holt, as no one else seems to be in his league for us...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Cody has raw pace, but not enough to go with it. When starting he has not had the same impact as when he appears as a sub, yet Curo is the man at the moment for me. Martin does not play as a striker but wider right, which cody has not adapted to. Curo dills that gap better. To be brutally honest none of the striking subs are really up to it, and the biggest threat to a sustained promotion push is losing Holt, as no one else seems to be in his league for us...[/quote]

I was at the Gillingham game where Cody came on as a very late sub for Martin and won the game with a moment of pure magic. Cureton had all of that game to score but never looked like scoring or breaking out of a one-paced (slow) performance. For Cureton to be the ''man at the moment'' is just laughable.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Cody has raw pace, but not enough to go with it. When starting he has not had the same impact as when he appears as a sub, yet Curo is the man at the moment for me. Martin does not play as a striker but wider right, which cody has not adapted to. Curo dills that gap better. To be brutally honest none of the striking subs are really up to it, and the biggest threat to a sustained promotion push is losing Holt, as no one else seems to be in his league for us...[/quote]

I was at the Gillingham game where Cody came on as a very late sub for Martin and won the game with a moment of pure magic. Cureton had all of that game to score but never looked like scoring or breaking out of a one-paced (slow) performance. For Cureton to be the ''man at the moment'' is just laughable.

[/quote]dont let fact get in the way!

I don''t know what Neil was on about on canary call last Saturday. He said the Cureton deserves to come of the bench because he scored a brace in the reserves but i''m pretty sure Cody scored a hat trick a few weeks back and he hasn''t come off the bench for a while. If Cody comes on he will rip the tired defence to bits.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Would prefer him coming off the bench ahead of Curo
[/quote]

All season long.