Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

500 away tickets for Paulton tie

Tickets are priced at £20 for adults and £15 for over-60s and under-16s.

Official coach travel, Club Canary will be running priced at £32

(£31 for season ticket holders), departing Carrow Road at 5.30am.

Quite expensive and a horrible time to leave!

[quote user="Bruces Header"]

How are they gonna decide who gets them?? Away season ticket holders maybe?

[/quote]the linked article states :With around 200 away season ticket holders only those supporters in

groups two and three of the Club''s away ticket priority groups are

asked to send in written applications for tickets. A ballot will be

carried out for any over-subscribed group.All applications must

be received at the Norwich City ticket office no later than the close

of business on Monday, November 2. Applications received after this

date will not be entered into the ballot.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]

Tickets are priced at £20 for adults and £15 for over-60s and under-16s.

Official coach travel, Club Canary will be running priced at £32 (£31 for season ticket holders), departing Carrow Road at 5.30am.

Quite expensive and a horrible time to leave!

[/quote]

That''s more than the Stockport tickets

The £20 I forked out for an away season ticket holder seems like money well spent!

What''s the chances of away season ticket numbers going up next year? :-)

[quote user="Surrey yellow"]

The £20 I forked out for an away season ticket holder seems like money well spent!

[/quote]

So that leaves  fans with 10 away stubs from last season fighting over the remaining 250 tickets ( heard we have nearly 250 away season ticket holders.)

[quote user="ryan1992"]sorry im confused! whats that about £20 away season ticket? i thought they were hundreds?![/quote]

Ryan, you pay £20 to register to the scheme, and the club charge your credit for each game and post the ticket to you. You can cancel up to 5 games before you are forfeited from the scheme.

[quote user="ryan1992"]sorry im confused! whats that about £20 away season ticket? i thought they were hundreds?![/quote]

He means £20 on top of the cost of an away season ticket.

this is gonna be a crap away. 20 quid to watch a glorified friendly match between a pub team and our stiffs, and we''re going to have to leave at the crack of dawn (ooer).

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Surrey yellow"]

[/quote]

So that leaves  fans with 10 away stubs from last season fighting over the remaining 250 tickets ( heard we have nearly 250 away season ticket holders.)

[/quote]

Surely fans with 10 away stubs from last season are in priority group two?

The way the tickets are allocated at our club is totally fair and has been done through consultation with fans. As anyone who remembers the hit and miss allocations we used to have would surely vouch for. I am in group two and would be confident of getting a ticket but unfortunately can''t go. Being selfish I was hoping for a change of day for TV but it''s still a Saturday so that rules me out.

Those who miss out should consider making up for it by joining me on a trip to Swindon for the paint pot game [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Surrey yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The way the tickets are allocated at our club is totally fair and has been done through consultation with fans. As anyone who remembers the hit and miss allocations we used to have would surely vouch for. I am in group two and would be confident of getting a ticket but unfortunately can''t go. Being selfish I was hoping for a change of day for TV but it''s still a Saturday so that rules me out.

Those who miss out should consider making up for it by joining me on a trip to Swindon for the paint pot game [;)]

[/quote]

I''m in Group Two - season ticket holder - and ten away stubs but I''m not confident about getting a ticket for this one, Nutty.

According to Carrow Road there''s about 200 away season ticket holders so that leaves 300 tickets for the rest of us. Maybe live TV will put some people off from applying as it''s a very long journey from Norfolk and an early kick-off but I''ll be surprised if there won''t be some disappointed people in Group Two.

Regarding you not being able to go yourself you could always apply, and, if successful offer it to your old pal Mello....... 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Surrey yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m in Group Two - season ticket holder - and ten away stubs but I''m not confident about getting a ticket for this one, Nutty.

According to Carrow Road there''s about 200 away season ticket holders so that leaves 300 tickets for the rest of us. Maybe live TV will put some people off from applying as it''s a very long journey from Norfolk and an early kick-off but I''ll be surprised if there won''t be some disappointed people in Group Two.

Regarding you not being able to go yourself you could always apply, and, if successful offer it to your old pal Mello....... 

[/quote]

I''m not sure there are that many season ticket holders with ten stubs. They have to be registered. I registered mine before the season started in case there was small allocations. I used to have an away season ticket but was sending the tickets back too often as it became increasingly more difficult for me to get away on a Saturday. I have managed that once so far this season and that was Exeter but I have still managed six away games already this season so getting 10 stubs again won''t be a problem.

I wouldn''t apply for someone else because it would make a mockery of the priority groups. If I had no principles and did so my old pal Mello would be in with a shout but there is a couple on here who wouldn''t...........

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m not sure there are that many season ticket holders with ten stubs. They have to be registered. [/quote]

Are you sure they have to be registered Nutty, thought if you were a season ticket holder with 10 stubs you could just put them in the envelope with your application.although I bow to your superior knowledge [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m not sure there are that many season ticket holders with ten stubs. They have to be registered. [/quote]

Are you sure they have to be registered Nutty, thought if you were a season ticket holder with 10 stubs you could just put them in the envelope with your application.although I bow to your superior knowledge [:)]

[/quote]

Well obviously if you included your 10 stubs with the application they would then be registered. What I meant was that it''s not enough to be a season ticket holder who has brought 10 away tickets from the club. They still need to approve the stubs otherwise they could be passed on to someone else.

I ain''t got superior anything Angel.. but I ''av got ten stubs [:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well obviously if you included your 10 stubs with the application they would then be registered. What I meant was that it''s not enough to be a season ticket holder who has brought 10 away tickets from the club. They still need to approve the stubs otherwise they could be passed on to someone else.

[/quote]

You''ve lost me Nutty surely if someone has bought 10 away tickets and has kept the stubs whch they include with their application they will then be vetted and accepted?

I''ve borrowed stubs from friends before when I''ve been a couple short and never had a problem before although I''m going back a couple of seasons.

If you have not aleady registered your 10 stubs they need to be from the last 12 months NOT last season. Thats the reason I like many others register the stubs at the start of the season.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You''ve lost me Nutty surely if someone has bought 10 away tickets and has kept the stubs whch they include with their application they will then be vetted and accepted?

I''ve borrowed stubs from friends before when I''ve been a couple short and never had a problem before although I''m going back a couple of seasons.

[/quote]

That''s exactly right Angel. They are then marked in a way that they can''t be re-used. Proof of purchase without the stubs won''t secure you a ticket.

Surely clubbing together with friends to register ten stubs makes a mockery of the system though?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Surely the club has a record on their system of tickets bought through customer numbers?
[/quote]

Yes... this is my point COTT .. the stubs have to be physically registered otherwise you could get a ticket with the games registered on your customer record and then hand the stubbs over to your mate to get his.

[quote user="jbghost"]If you have not aleady registered your 10 stubs they need to be from the last 12 months NOT last season. Thats the reason I like many others register the stubs at the start of the season.[/quote]

But that shouldn''t really be a problem. There''s been nine away games already THIS season.

Agreed the club has a record providing the purchase is made from City and the purchaser has named the people getting the tickets. Reality when we suggested switching to thatmuch whinging as

1 People buy on the day at the away club especially with bigger allocations in the Championship

2 Someone buys 5 tickets. all under his name so 4 people don''t get credit.

The system has to be all one or the other or unfortunately people cheat.

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Agreed the club has a record providing the purchase is made from City and the purchaser has named the people getting the tickets. Reality when we suggested switching to thatmuch whinging as 1 People buy on the day at the away club especially with bigger allocations in the Championship 2 Someone buys 5 tickets. all under his name so 4 people don''t get credit. The system has to be all one or the other or unfortunately people cheat.[/quote]

No system is perfect but I wouldn''t mind betting there are few, if  any, clubs who have a fairer system than ours.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Surely clubbing together with friends to register ten stubs makes a mockery of the system though?

[/quote]

True but it was a few years ago ( might have been for the Chelsea game) and I had 8 stubs and  my friend had 12 and we wanted to go together so she gave me 2 of hers.

Lets hope that after the AST have their 200- 250 tickets that the remaining tickets do go to the regular away travellers, they deserve it.

The rest of us will enjoy the occasion on the tv [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

True but it was a few years ago ( might have been for the Chelsea game) and I had 8 stubs and  my friend had 12 and we wanted to go together so she gave me 2 of hers.

Lets hope that after the AST have their 200- 250 tickets that the remaining tickets do go to the regular away travellers, they deserve it.

The rest of us will enjoy the occasion on the tv [:)]

[/quote]

There are 180 Away Season ticket holders CA.Trust me,i sit on the Clubs Away Travel SCG sub group.