Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

2 players leaving to service debt

Have heard a rumour that one or two players will be leaving in the near future on loan with a fee agreed for January window to service a debt the club owe, otherwise we will go into admininstration. Think the players are Russell and Hoolihan.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Never mind that - I''d like to know how have you ended up with a post count of minus 5?
[/quote]Because previous posts have been deleted.

Clearly a reliable source then! [:S]

[quote user="The Dog"]Have heard a rumour that one or two players will be leaving in the near future on loan with a fee agreed for January window to service a debt the club owe, otherwise we will go into admininstration.

Think the players are Russell and Hoolihan.
[/quote]

OOH, WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this is what Alan Bowkett said today :-

"I agree Paul Lambert has had an encouraging start to the current season and as I said in a previous response all our efforts are committed to providing funds for Paul to ensure we achieve promotion this year. We have no plans to sell any players in January. However, if Paul and his staff do decide to move any players on, any funds generated will be reinvested in the Club."

So if these players are leaving to service the debt then we will have replaced Roger Munby''s smooth and friendly spin with an outright liar?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

"I agree Paul Lambert has had an encouraging start to the current season and as I said in a previous response all our efforts are committed to providing funds for Paul to ensure we achieve promotion this year. We have no plans to sell any players in January. However, if Paul and his staff do decide to move any players on, any funds generated will be reinvested in the Club."

So if these players are leaving to service the debt then we will have replaced Roger Munby''s smooth and friendly spin with an outright liar?

[/quote]

Come on Nutty, the lunatic fringe are fast running out of windmills to tilt at.......

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Let''s not forget last month two players were leaving Norwich to go to Lincoln on loan... and that was a surefire true story.

[/quote]

And that may still be on the cards.  Chris Sutton has been at your last two reserve games but I think Imps have to offload a couple of short term loans before they bring anyone else in.  I rather hope one of them is Josh Dawkin - I reckon he could get a few goals in League Two.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Come on Nutty, the lunatic fringe are fast running out of windmills to tilt at.......

[/quote]

Sorry[:$]

However the rumour about Swansea appears to have some reliability. So if there is anything in it, then given what Bowkett said today, it would mean Lamberts choice alone and for footballing reasons.

Interesting.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry[:$]

However the rumour about Swansea appears to have some reliability. So if there is anything in it, then given what Bowkett said today, it would mean Lamberts choice alone and for footballing reasons.

Interesting.

[/quote] Uh, why has the rumour about Swansea got relability? Has anything official been said?

[/quote]You could loan two players out for the rest of the season without contradicting anything Bowkett has said here.

[/quote]

You also missed the reinvested in the CLUB that does NOT mean playing staff in my book.

But I hope I know what he meant as I would hate to see all this new found faith go walkies!!

Lambert may want to offload a couple of higher value players in order to start building a team of his own. He told the Doc he was no longer needed (then decided he was when injuries forced his hand) and Wes wasn''t exactly Mr Popular for a while. Was that clever psychology to get the players training/playing to their potential, or does he genuinely think they''re not value for money?I''ve no doubt we need to offload a few players just to keep the bogeymen away, let alone for Lambert to being in some of his own players. Just hoping its more along the lines of signings from the summer who haven''t featured much this season. Ever the optimist [:''(]

Appears to have some reliability because it comes from a source who has been right before. There has also been rumours all season about players going out on loan and then sold in January to free funds for Lambert to bring others in. Doherty, Hoolahan and Russell are the players who have been suggested.

I didn''t miss the reinvested in the club  I just chose to believe in the mans honesty, it was after all a live web chat. If that statement proves to be ambiguous then I''m afraid I certainly won''t be a Bowkett fan ever again.

If we offload any of our senior players (particularly Russell or Hoolahan) whilst the team is still in contention for either the top six or automatic promotion then that in my eyes will be totally unacceptable and unforgivable unless it can be shown clearly that it was the only possible way of us avoiding administration.

We should not even be giving approaches for these players the time of day, particularly from tinpot clubs like Swansea who will do f**k all this season or next.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Never mind that - I''d like to know how have you ended up with a post count of minus 5?
[/quote]

Because every time you post a ridiculously crap rumour you get docked points (posts)!   ........ Simples [:D]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

If we offload any of our senior players (particularly Russell or Hoolahan) whilst the team is still in contention for either the top six or automatic promotion then that in my eyes will be totally unacceptable and unforgivable unless it can be shown clearly that it was the only possible way of us avoiding administration.

We should not even be giving approaches for these players the time of day, particularly from tinpot clubs like Swansea who will do f**k all this season or next.

[/quote]

As long as you dont give OTJ back. Couldn''t believe our luck when you took him. Not that he played often for our tinpot club anyway. If we ever have any more duffers we''ll be sure to send them your way.

[quote user="Jackswan"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

As long as you dont give OTJ back. Couldn''t believe our luck when you took him. Not that he played often for our tinpot club anyway. If we ever have any more duffers we''ll be sure to send them your way.
[/quote]

Sadly for you we don''t have an imbecile for a manager anymore so I doubt Lambert would be interested!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Clearly a reliable source then! [:S]

[/quote]

wouldnt work out mathematically would it Lapp? if he posted 6 times he cant have say, 7 deleted to go into a minus figure!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Never mind that - I''d like to know how have you ended up with a post count of minus 5?

Clearly a reliable source then! [:S][/quote]wouldnt work out mathematically would it Lapp? if he posted 6 times he cant have say, 7 deleted to go into a minus figure![/quote]New poster, starts at zero, 1st post deleted = minus one.

Next five posts deleted = minus six.

Hope that helps Jas. [Y] 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Never mind that - I''d like to know how have you ended up with a post count of minus 5?[/quote]Because previous posts have been deleted.

Clearly a reliable source then! [:S][/quote]wouldnt work out mathematically would it Lapp? if he posted 6 times he cant have say, 7 deleted to go into a minus figure![/quote]New poster, starts at zero, 1st post deleted = minus one.

Next five posts deleted = minus six.

Hope that helps Jas. [Y] 

[/quote]Umm. New poster, starts at zero, posts up to one, post deleted, back down to zero.

[quote user="JTG"]Umm. New poster, starts at zero, posts up to one, post deleted, back down to zero.[/quote]That''s the obvious conclusion. I was trying to ascertain how a deficit could work on here. Perhaps you could explain it for us.

Process of deduction here.If you are talking about paying off a debt completely you are looking at the combined cost of wages PLUS any transfer money. If you are talking about servicing the debts - about managing payments then surely you are talking primarily about wages.Now I am not going to claim this as fact or utter brilliance but surely either of those would rule out the likes of the youngsters - Cody, Martin, Spillane or any of the lads like Smith and Daley - simply because they won''t be on much money and probably not worth a great deal of money either at the moment. Martin is probably the most valuable of them but even then I think we would be lucky to get £250k for him.Then you have the likes of Gill, McVeigh, OTJ and Nelson who signed in the summer from clubs of this level and I should imagine would be paid slightly higher than average wages for this level. Out of those three is there any value in them sale wise - especially to a higher level?Then you have Askou who was bought in the summer knowing the level we play at and having come from Turkey (who are not yet part of the Euro). I should imagine that he is not being paid as much as a Championship player either. Wiggins is young and is not likely to be on a great deal either being so early on in his career. Maric - anyones guess, surprised that he isn''t gone to be honest, when was the last time he made an appearence for us in the reserves even? Wages maybe, value - must be next to nothing right now.That really doesn''t leave you with many. Cureton at 35 may well be on a fair whack money wise but probably doesn''t hold a great deal of value - maybe £150k tops? Doherty who is rumoured to be on a fairly high wage and to have admirers as are Drury, Hoolahan and Russell. Otsemobor is currently injured and probably not going anywhere soon as a result which essentially leaves you with Whaley. Theo - no idea but I should imagine he is on fair wages.So from what I can see the most likely candidates are Doherty, Hoolahan, Russell and Drury if you are talking about a combined package of saleable value coupled with high wage packet. Out of those I think Hoolahan is the least likely to be sold simply because the team formation is almost built around him at the moment. Doherty whilst performing well is in a position we have already seen Lambert bid for other players for. And between the two you have Drury and Russell. Personally I think Doherty and Russell are more likely to go considering both of their agents would have been working on it already at some point recently after being instructed to do so by the club.If Spillane is back in training this would also suggest that Lambert is prepared to loose him now with Nelson also back and perhaps money freed up to finally bring in Seabourne and Dumic waiting for his chance in the wings.Russell whilst playing brilliantly recently is in the prime of his career - he will naturally be wanting to play at as high a level as possible. We also have a lot of cover in central midfield. Lambert hasn''t seen a lot of OTJ or Gill due to injury but has done so more recently - maybe he has seen enough to believe that there is enough in both of them to replace Russell.The one that baffles me is Cureton. He is 35, he is probably joint third choice striker along with Cody and Daley. He is on big wages and sits on the bench. For me if you are talking wages and cutting your cloth accordingly he is the first to be shown the door - make him available for free if needs be. I like they guy and in the right team he will still score goals but if you are talking about looking forwards an expensive 35 year old is not the way to go.