Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I want NO Delia statue!

As Nutty has raised this issue again, here''s what I actually said:

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/3/1240872/ShowPost.aspx#1240872

ie:

Statue''s that is!. In my new found, and uncomfortable position of restraint, I sat down and thought of the two statue''s outside the ''binners'' Poorman Road, and thought, hey!, loads of clubs now have statue''s to people who have done great things for their club, well why not City?.

Arthur South, G. Watling, and Delia Smith spring to mind, and although in the past I''ve been supisious of her motives, without a doubt, she must be favourite, if only for saving the clubs a**e after the fat mans demise.

If you opt for a player, then I think it has to be a fans favourite, ie Eadie or Fleck.

Waste of money you might argue, can''t afford it, I don''t think in football related terms a great outlay would be required. However if this idea is a non-starter, or you have other persons in mind, l would be very interested to know, your views please.

At no point have I said, or suggested, that she''s MY CHOICE!

My choice would be, and has always been, our true club saviour, Mr Watling.

To the dim and point scorers of this message board.............I trust that is clear![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

ie:

Statue''s that is!. In my new found, and uncomfortable position of restraint, I sat down and thought of the two statue''s outside the ''binners'' Poorman Road, and thought, hey!, loads of clubs now have statue''s to people who have done great things for their club, well why not City?.

Arthur South, G. Watling, and Delia Smith spring to mind, and although in the past I''ve been supisious of her motives, without a doubt, she must be favourite, if only for saving the clubs a**e after the fat mans demise.

If you opt for a player, then I think it has to be a fans favourite, ie Eadie or Fleck.

Waste of money you might argue, can''t afford it, I don''t think in football related terms a great outlay would be required. However if this idea is a non-starter, or you have other persons in mind, l would be very interested to know, your views please.

To the dim and point scorers of this message board.............I trust that is clear![:|]

[/quote]

[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

ie:

[/quote]

[:O]

[/quote]

I''m quite happy with all I said Nutty..........thats why I brought it back.

Its well known that Mr Watling bought Chase''s shares......then Smith & Jones buying them off him, however, they got around the no one person holding a big majority, by splitting their shareholding amonst themselves!

So Delia did save the club then! Glad you cleared that up for me Wiz[;)]

Just one thing though.........

I don''t believe ya[:P]

There is already a bust (of his head canarytom) of Geoffrey Watling in the main entrance.

I was lucky enought to know the man, and a fine gentleman he was indeed.

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]Or is that you follow trouble around?[;)]
[/quote]

Maybe it''s like a dog chasing his tail[:^)][;)]

[/quote]For once I agree with Wiz. Indeed I''d go further and have a Watling''s Column, like Nelson''s Column, with plinths for statues of his four successive choices of manager - the incomparably successful quartet of Willie Reid, George Swindin, Ron Ashman and Lol Morgan!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]a statue of Goss in full "Munich Volley" pose would look good[/quote]

Thats a good one jas, and there''s so many players we could chose, mine would be Hucks or Sutton.

[quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

For once I agree with Wiz. Indeed I''d go further and have a Watling''s Column, like Nelson''s Column, with plinths for statues of his four successive choices of manager - the incomparably successful quartet of Willie Reid, George Swindin, Ron Ashman and Lol Morgan!

[/quote]

Ashman signed lot of good players though Purple[Y]

Watling''s Column could have a sound box alternating "On The Ball City" with those disgracefil "Zigger Zagger" chants from the 60''s[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]For once I agree with Wiz. Indeed I''d go further and have a Watling''s Column, like Nelson''s Column, with plinths for statues of his four successive choices of manager - the incomparably successful quartet of Willie Reid, George Swindin, Ron Ashman and Lol Morgan!

[/quote]

Watling''s Column could have a sound box alternating "On The Ball City" with those disgracefil "Zigger Zagger" chants from the 60''s[;)]

[/quote]Nutty, I was being a touch provocative! I''m sure on balance Watling was A GOOD THING. But his record as chairman was distinctly patchy, and if this internet thingy had been around then he would have got as much stick as Smith and Jones and perhaps even more.

He got more Purple. That chanting was as bad as anything directed at Chase. I agree that on balance Watling was a good thing. I believe on balance Sir Arthur was the best thing since sliced bread but he got his fair share of abuse too. Football fans are notoriously fickle.. all of us[;)]

Oh and it''s my job to be provocative[;)] If you start don''t be surprised if trouble just seems to follow you around.............

[quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CanaryPurple"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

For once I agree with Wiz. Indeed I''d go further and have a Watling''s Column, like Nelson''s Column, with plinths for statues of his four successive choices of manager - the incomparably successful quartet of Willie Reid, George Swindin, Ron Ashman and Lol Morgan!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nutty, I was being a touch provocative! I''m sure on balance Watling was A GOOD THING. But his record as chairman was distinctly patchy, and if this internet thingy had been around then he would have got as much stick as Smith and Jones and perhaps even more.[/quote]

In the note of my new found good will I suggest Delia.

Then I could feed all the pigeons and watch the end result!![:D]

Pete - any chance of giving wiz his own sub-forum? Perhaps entitling it "Sad Attention Seeking Flip-Floppers" or suchlike? Give him (and bbb) the rights to only start threads there and nowhere else...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]a statue of Goss in full "Munich Volley" pose would look good[/quote]

Thats a good one jas, and there''s so many players we could chose, mine would be Hucks or Sutton.

[/quote]Not Paul Lambert then? [:O]

[quote user="The Butler"]The Doc''s statue at the head of the spine road. To be renamed "Horse Guards Parade"[/quote]

But which ones Doc and which ones Nelson[:O]

Who''s carrying who[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="The Butler"]The Doc''s statue at the head of the spine road. To be renamed "Horse Guards Parade"[/quote]

But which ones Doc and which ones Nelson[:O]

Who''s carrying who[:^)]

[;)]

[/quote]

If it is them then the inscription "Kiss me Hardy" is going to look a tad odd![:D]

[/quote]Well, that''s what you said on *that* thread.  We could also try... "Delia Smith must now be cannonised and the board members should have

bronze statues erected around Carrow Road."http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/334396/ShowPost.aspxOnly two "n" in "canonised", by the way, unless this was a taster of what was to come.I also stumbled across your "I would back Gunn even after relegation!" thread, thanks for the memories.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Why not a statue of Smudger outside the ground - would be an appropriate location at least [;)][/quote]

Now that was bloody funny.  [:D]