Sign in to follow this  

why does so much of away support sit in silence

can we make an effort to make stockport a good away off the pitch please

Why can''t you let people watch football how they want to?

IT doesnt say on the ticket you must shout and sing, or you must wear the colours ect, so don''t force people too.....if they want to they will.

[quote user="riers"]can we make an effort to make stockport a good away off the pitch please[/quote]

Its not silence - for me its praying that the worst won''t happen!

I''d be more concerned with the lack of vocal support at our home games these days.

Which ones have you been to? 

With both Exeter and Gillingham out in the open it is pretty much like peeing in the wind.  Leeds was pretty damn good as was Hartlepool, MK  I’ll grant you was quiet but there again we were spread out in that awful mausoleum of a ground and given the circumstances Brentford was pretty good as well.

Don’t see we have much of a problem to be honest.

Which ones have you been to? 

With both Exeter and Gillingham out in the open it is pretty much like peeing in the wind.  Leeds was pretty damn good as was Hartlepool, MK  I’ll grant you was quiet but there again we were spread out in that awful mausoleum of a ground and given the circumstances Brentford was pretty good as well.

Don’t see we have much of a problem to be honest.

Edited to the appropriate font size

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Yeh it really is awful JTG. Home and away.

Lambo is talking rollicks when he praises the crowd isn''t he?!![/quote]The vocal support, not the numbers that turn out. One would assume that you haven''t been going to games for many years. We used to have a fantastic atmosphere at home games. Unfortunately, week by week it has slowly been waring away for the last 4 years, obviously the biggest reason being what we''ve had to put up with watching on the pitch over 90 minutes, but nonetheless, it''s happened. To be fair however, this season away team''s support has been rather modest in terms of their vocal support and that never helps our cause.

[quote user="canarytom"]What if you cannot talk? Are those people not allowed to go and watch games? [/quote]Don''t be silly, they sit in the main stand ;)

JTG - Apart from when I played football, I have supported home and away for 35 - 40 years.

The character and noise of crowds vary according to the football and success that is being achieved on the pitch. This is no different for any fans.

I have been to many top teams grounds and if they are not on a winning streak the noise level drops dramatically. West Ham, Tottenham and Man Utd immediately come to mind.

Based on the tosh we''ve been served up until the arrival of Lambert our support has been fantastic.

There will always been quiet times in a game, home or away. With us, I think it is down to so many poor performances in the past. We take a lead and inevitably lose.

If we do have a successful season (I do hope so) it will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts. For example new songs for individual players etc. That is always a sign of the feel good factor.

So, please don''t highlight our shortcomings of support as if it is a Norwich thing. It ''aint and there are many many worse bunch of supporters, some not too far away!!

I went to the same three games.  At Hartlepool and Carlisle the atmos was good but at Leeds it was excellent, despite the ridiculous stewarding (and the result!)

True, the Leeds fans could stand let stewards wouldn''t let the city fans. Also why didn''t the hot taps work in the toilets I must have tried 5 different ones and none worked.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]True, the Leeds fans could stand let stewards wouldn''t let the city fans. Also why didn''t the hot taps work in the toilets I must have tried 5 different ones and none worked.[/quote]health and safety gone mad