Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

It's about time we had a song for Grant Holt

I know there have been lots of suggestions for songs for Grant Holt and i''m not suggesting one here. It just seems a shame that we''ve got a player we love for his efforts and abilities shown yet we haven''t got a song.

Just think it''s about time something was sung for him, who was the last player everyone liked but didn''t sing about?

I thought we sang Shaun Goater''s old song, feed the goat etc but rather cunningly changed the word goat to horse?!?!

thought we had enough posts like this but i couldn''t agree more. Maybe just keep it really simple and just shout Holty, Holty. Like Dion.

Agreed there were a lot of posts before but nothing seemed to happen, I haven''t heard the feed the goat chant but at least it''s something, the blokes scored 10 goals we''ve got to start one sooner or later.

I love the Torres song Liverpool have....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpV0ygkmhP4I''d love to work a Holty version......His armband proved he was one of us Grant holt, grant holt, he runs all day for the cause grant holt grant holt he''ll score a goal with half a chance, then he''ll make the barclay danceGraaaaaant holt citys number 9.NOt great but gives us some thought.....

I did one like that after Yeovil but it was greeted very snifferly by some saying we don''t want to copy Liverpool songs.. & then went on to praise City fans for the WLY song. Surely that was hi jacked from Arsenal

Was the WLY song hijacked from Chelseas Zola song. I''ve liked the Torres song but as you say there seems to be some hostility towards it being used because of the scouse connection.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I love the Torres song Liverpool have....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpV0ygkmhP4I''d love to work a Holty version......His armband proved he was one of us Grant holt, grant holt, he runs all day for the cause grant holt grant holt he''ll score a goal with half a chance, then he''ll make the barclay danceGraaaaaant holt citys number 9.NOt great but gives us some thought.....[/quote]No No No and NoLeave the Torres song alone

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="can u sit down please"]I love the Torres song Liverpool have....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpV0ygkmhP4

I''d love to work a Holty version......

His armband proved he was one of us Grant holt, grant holt,

he runs all day for the cause grant holt grant holt

he''ll score a goal with half a chance, then he''ll make the barclay dance

Graaaaaant holt citys number 9.

NOt great but gives us some thought.....
[/quote]

No No No and No
Leave the Torres song alone
[/quote]

What song is ever original tho? Apart from anthems?

Liverpool stole it from Sunderland who sang it for Cisse.....

Whats your suggestion?

My suggestin is sing it at the match and see if you get a response.Your not gonna make a song or make people sing a song by posting on the Pinkun forum are you really ?

See in the ''good ol'' days'' in the Barclay we use sing songs with spontaneity and they''d usually stickOf course then there was no Internet and the need to try and get the message through via a message board.

''Those were the days my friendI thought they''d never end... la la la la - dooby dooby doo........''

A quick and easy one for when he scores would be to ''borrow'' the tune from Kings Of Leon..."waaahhhoooo, our Holt is on fire"

a gladiator/viking-esque chant of HOOOLLLLT! HOLT HOLT HOLT! start slow and speed up etc... easy to get right easy to sing/chant and effective, similar type thing to Brian Jensen "BEAAAST!" quite war/tribal like and to an extent football is sort of war/tribal isn''t it!

He''ll score

He''ll pass

He''ll kicking your f****** a**e

Gary Holt, Gary Holt

He''ll score

He''ll pass

He''ll kicking your ******* a**e

Gary Holt, Gary Holt

[quote user="City1st"]He''ll score He''ll pass He''ll kicking your f****** a**e Gary Holt, Gary Holt He''ll score He''ll pass He''ll kicking your ******* a**e Gary Holt, Gary Holt[/quote]

great for lowestoft town. how about one for GRANT holt!! lol

Songs just seemed to happen spontaneously in the good old days usually from a popular song of the times either from the charts or musicals of the time.

Perhaps its more an indicative that there aren''t many good catchy "pop" songs about.

The Torres song is a good song I have been shot down before for suggesting this.

Why so much anti-Liverpool?  I hate Man U and Chelski more.

"Grant Holt, Grant Holt, Granty, Granty Holt,

When he gets the ball he scores a goal,

Granty, Granty, Holt!"

"Do you think Cole Porter or Rodgers and Hasmmerstein weren''t able to work extra syllables in?"

They didn''t need to, because the understood even the most basic things about song and/or lyric writing... actually, they knew lots of very advanced things about that, but the basics didn''t fail them. :)

He came and proved he was a green Grant Holt, Grant Holt

When he heads the ball his mean Grant Holt, Grant Holt

He loves to sh*t on blue and white

And hes fuck**g dynamite

our boy Grant Holt, Citys number 9!!!!

Na na na na na na na na na na na na,Na na na na na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na Our boy Grant Holt citys number 9!!!!!

I just hope that something is sung for him before long. Either directly or indirectly connected to this messageboard and the efforts made on this thread and the other similar threads.

[quote user="Shyster"]See in the ''good ol'' days'' in the Barclay we use sing songs with spontaneity and they''d usually stickOf course then there was no Internet and the need to try and get the message through via a message board.''Those were the days my friendI thought they''d never end... la la la la - dooby dooby doo........''[/quote]Yep. Someone who has been watching for over 50 years commented to me recently that no-one really sings anymore - people just chant. The Barclay "Choir" used to make On The Ball City flow across the ground: might not have rivaled a load of Welsh miners but it was different from the hurried machine gun delivery of "steady on!".."now''s your chance! etc" that we hear now. The tune is as important as the words. (Maybe the Pink Un should run a small competition with the best one publicised?).Something like this would fit to the Lord of the Dance tune:
Grant, Holt,  - when he is running

free

Scores for fun and he scores for free

And he scored just now - and everyone can

see

He leads the line for  Norwich

City