Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

New snub for Keano

My favourtie line was this one

Ipswich boss Roy Keane has suffered a double blow in his efforts to reinforce the country’s only team without a win this season.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

And with Peter Taylor, a now ebbing and fading managerial star, he has even more expereince in his team of what it takes to get a club relegated!

[quote user="shefcanary"]And with Peter Taylor, a now ebbing and fading managerial star, he has even more expereince in his team of what it takes to get a club relegated![/quote] Only Peter Taylor has turned them down as well .

I think the reason for so many turning down the delights and hedonistic lifestyle of binman land is money.

They ain''t got none !

All so so different to those heady days of last May when there were to be millions cascadinng out of ipswich and promotion was talked of as a guaranted certainty.

Then you could only get 3-1 on the binners going up but a very generous 33-1 was being offered on them going down. Sadly for our impoverished neighbours you can now only get about 3-1 on them going down and Corals are offering a massive 66-1 on them gaining promotion.

How the ''mighty'' have fallen.

I''m afraid I find it difficult to laugh at them.

Pity perhaps, with their quaint little belief that they are all cockneys, their creased and tatty black and white photos of past glories and saddest of all, their naive and simple trust in anyone who appears to be a toff.

I don''t doubt having to hand their club over after years of living beyond their means deluded them into thinking that all would be well again - rather like Ronnie Biggs thinking that after his release fron jail he would soon be back playing beach football in Rio.

His decline somewhat matches theirs. Ronnie had his moments in the sun living it up on other people''s money much as our slightly dim neighbours have done - but now in the twilight of both existences it is only the slow slide into oblivion that awaits.

So farewell to you both and if there is to be any moral highground between you both, then at least Ronnie only helped himself once - unlike our rather devious neighbours who dumped on their shareholders, the local traders, NU, the taxman and even a local charity.

Lord alone knows where they would be now if they had paid those that they cheated. Certainly not in any play off places, certainly not in the championship and most likely not even in the league.

But like Ronnie the long arm of justice has finally caught up with them and it is now a case of ''dead(bin)man walking'' as they shuffle off to their more than deserved fate.

RIPswich

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="shefcanary"]And with Peter Taylor, a now ebbing and fading managerial star, he has even more expereince in his team of what it takes to get a club relegated![/quote] Only Peter Taylor has turned them down as well .[/quote]Even more bizarrely the Mirror seem to think that PT was up for the job and it was Keanos fault that he din''t join the club: LINK[quote]Roy Keane axes new Ipswich No.2Published 23:00 29/10/09 Exclusive by Alan Nixon

Roy Keane has dumped Peter Taylor in the latest shock move of his troubled Ipswich Town reign.Keane had called in experienced coach Taylor who spent two days working with his players until a bizarre U-turn yesterday.Out of the blue Keane rang Taylor to tell him his imminent appointment as No.2 was off ''after he had thought about it.''Former England boss Taylor has told pals he is stunned and furious after the abrupt end of their relationship.Taylor had only met Keane a couple of weeks ago at a reserve game and the pair had a lengthy chat about their ambitions and plans.Then Taylor was brought in to train with the Championship strugglers - with the first team and kids - before Keane''s change of mind.Now Keane will look elsewhere for a new senior assistant while Taylor looks for another and hopefully longer-term post.[/quote]

Maybe Keano stopped for a minute and realised that PT in the assistants position might make it just a little too easy for Marcus and co. to ditch him what with having a marginally better candidate waiting in the wings...... Just because you''re paranoid as they say........ [6]

am i mis-reading it or does it say....

the move was blocked by Tony Pulis

meaning the players might of wanted to go??

If we asked Madrid to loan us Ronaldo and they said no would we have been ''snubbed by Ronaldo''

PS im not a binner and do enjoy laughing at there misfortune!! But this has been read wrong!

Am I the only one who finds all the gloating a bit embarrassing? I know it''s just a laugh but last I checked they are still a league above us. We are the current f**K ups until the tables say otherwise are we not?Not that I don''t afford myself a wry smile every time their results plop in though!

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]vvankers . all of you[/quote]

on that subject isn''t it strange W in the english language is pronounced ''DOUBLE U'' but in french W is pronounced ''DOUBLE V''