Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If scummers have two, why can't we have one?

Statue''s that is!. In my new found, and uncomfortable position of restraint, I sat down and thought of the two statue''s outside the ''binners'' Poorman Road, and thought, hey!, loads of clubs now have statue''s to people who have done great things for their club, well why not City?.

Arthur South, G. Watling, and Delia Smith spring to mind, and although in the past I''ve been supisious of her motives, without a doubt, she must be favourite, if only for saving the clubs a**e after the fat mans demise.

If you opt for a player, then I think it has to be a fans favourite, ie Eadie or Fleck.

Waste of money you might argue, can''t afford it, I don''t think in football related terms a great outlay would be required. However if this idea is a non-starter, or you have other persons in mind, l would be very interested to know, your views please.

Yeah! a great idea, how about a statue of Robert Chase?. [Clamped in a set of stocks!], with large boxes of rotten fruit and veg pre-positioned around it on match days....Or, a statue of Alan Brazil, sat in a ducking stool [XXL size], behind the River End next to the Wensum £1 a dunk! Can you imagine the flooding of the Riverside with the water displacement after every immersion!.... Or, a statue of Sheepshanks wearing rose tinted specs, dressed as a clown, clutching a begging bowl!. Any other suggestions or ideas?. OTBC

Although I meant this to be a serious thread Mellow Yellow, I did''nt half chuckle at the idea of Mr Chase and ''Brillo Head''!. Thanks for the laugh.

My beloved Flecky. Him and Delia would suit a pair of plinths very well I feel. Nice bit of alliteration there too.

How about a statue of Jeremy Goss in his strike pose of European glory? That would suit me but I guess we all have a favourite. I think Gozza''s goal away to Leeds (0-4) was the best of his career though. Anyone remember that one?

[S]Look what went bump in the night...............................

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [:P]

Come along Wiz, look around the ground and what do you see?

Sure the Binner’s have a couple of statues but we haven’t just trumped them we’ve absolutely blown them out of the water, we have a folly and we all know folly’s are better than statues

Just look at that hotel and tell me it isn’t the biggest and finest folly you have ever seen and lets look at the dictionary definition of a folly

"a great useless structure, or one left unfinished, having been begun without a reckoning of the cost."

Yep, we sure do are a mighty fine folly!

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Anyone remember that one?[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yuKZlTtjQ [Y]

[quote user="SPat"]how about a statue of Worthy? If made from the right grey coloured concrete it could look almost identical to the original and be pretty much as mobile
[/quote]

It would have to incorporate a voice message too, along the lines of:-

"I thought the passing and movement was great today, know what I mean".

[;)] 

What I find sad and a little worrying, is someone bringing back such an ancient post of mine (check the date)..........................creepy that!.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Canary Boy"]Anyone remember that one?[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yuKZlTtjQ
[Y]
[/quote]

Good link! "they don''t come better than that do they" No they don''t ;-)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Surely Mr Chase seeing as he''s now everyone''s favourite person...[/quote]

Great idea Pete - but the un-educated ''followers'' would''nt like it!

Crikey, this is an old post! The pesky Post Ghost has been at it again... however, something tells me its not so much a spectre to scare us, more a reminder that once upon a time people thought of Delia as the saviour - Wiz included! Now she''s Satan... interesting, that...Anyway, it''s a good thread topic (well done Wiz) so let''s continue... how about a grinning Iwan? Or Steve Bruce wheeling away to celebrate that goal against the Scum in the Milk Cup semi... I like the Gossy idea too...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Arthur South, G. Watling, and Delia Smith spring to mind, and although in the past I''ve been supisious of her motives, without a doubt, she must be favourite, if only for saving the clubs a**e after the fat mans demise.

.[/quote]

This is the funniest thing I have read on here for quite a while now. well found Post Ghost.

it would have to be Geoffrey Watling wouldnt it? without a shadow of a doubt.

A statue outside the club shop and City stand would be good

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]
Delia Smith spring to mind, and although in the past I''ve been supisious of her motives, without a doubt, she must be favourite, if only for saving the clubs a**e after the fat mans demise.
[/quote]

Bloody la-la land loyalists! Do you fall for every piece of spin that comes out of NCFC?

I think we should have a statue of Wiz and Cluck with Yankee in the middle [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]I think we should have a statue of Wiz and Cluck with Yankee in the middle [:D][/quote]

Now that IS spooky!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

it would have to be Geoffrey Watling wouldnt it? without a shadow of a doubt.

A statue outside the club shop and City stand would be good

jas :)

[/quote]100% agreed.

Geoffrey Watling was never Sir Geoffrey was he?

I think we should petition Ian Gibson for a posthumous knighthood for the man. A total legend of the club and city.

[quote user="Canary02"]

Geoffrey Watling was never Sir Geoffrey was he?

I think we should petition Ian Gibson for a posthumous knighthood for the man. A total legend of the club and city.

[/quote]

Quite right Canary02, he will always be a total legend of the club and our fine City!

However, I am old enough to remember when things weren''t going well in the 60''s many fans wanted him gone. Some things never change, this blame culture we have now was always there.

This thread dates from January 2004 and I wouldn''t mind betting nobody wanted a statue of Delia in the previous autumn after we lost in the Cup to Northampton. Things were as bad then as they are now until the loan signings turned the season around.

Fans are always fickle and always want someone to blame. IF Grant can turn things around Delia and all will become popular again, it''s the same at every club in the land!

I''ll put on my helmet with the visor down.

We don''t have anybody to match Alf Ramsay and Bobby Robson.

But, I''d vote for:

1] A composite of the awesome threesome Arthur South, Geoffrey Watling and Robert Chase

2] Kevin Keelan

3} A composite of the fabulous six Archie Macaulay, Ron Saunders, John Bond, Ken Brown, Dave   Stringer & Mike Walker.

Then we''d have 3.

We win 3-2!

OTBC