Sign in to follow this  
YellowNetsAreBetter

101 things loved by norwich fans

No don''t think so Nutty. Part in jest part in seriousness though, if you''d asked this question a few years ago when Delia became major shareholder her name would have been very early in this thread.

It just shows how a majority opinion can change.

"Sweets, chocolates, hot drinks, cold drinks" (rest his soul), and when it used to be a proper greasy van, the smell of onions before you crossed Carrow Bridge from the burger van told you it was match day and game on.

I knew what you meant Norfolk and you are right. Everyone loved Delia a few years ago, or if they didn''t they kept quiet. She probably doesn''t deserve the anger that is directed at her now but she should expect it. She also gets away light compared to Watling, South and Chase before her. Nobody ever recognised Watling until way after his time. Sir Arthur got loads of flack even though his contribution was immense. Chase was never ever liked from day one and the slightest thing would spark protests.

Yeah Nutty I don''t always agree with the way the club has been run recently and things aren''t great, but when you see Portsmouth and Hull it just makes you wonder. Could things be worse.

But I accept putting Delia in a list of 101 things loved by Norwich fans is far fetched.

In my opinion being an away supporter should be one of the 101 things, it seems great how we take at least 1000 to clubs as far away as Carlisle when they can only get 5000 or 6000 of their own supporters there.

[8] Nigel, Nigel Worthington.... Nigel, Nigel Worthington.... Nigel, Nigel Worthington.... Nigel, Nigel Worthington....

These are mine, in order of greatness :
  • Bruces'' Header vs Ipswich
  • Fashanus'' goal vs Liverpool
  • Gosses'' goal vs Munich
  • 3rd in the original Premier league season.
  • FA Cup semis in the 80s
  • The open topped bus when we got promoted back to the Premiership after too long, and the canary on city hall.
  • The day at Cardiff, the crowd and the stadium, if not the result - not to mention 11 hours 23 minutes queueing for tickets.
  • Derby matches - even on the terraces at Portaloo road in the early 80s where your eye level was almost below the pitch.
  • Darren Huckerbys'' explosive pace.
  • Having Crouch and Huckerby in our team in the championship winning season.
  • Iwan Roberts holding it up and feeding it on.
  • Mike Channons'' trailing leg as he used to run into the penalty area, looking for the pen.
  • The Ashton / McKenzie goal for 2-0 vs Man Utd
  • The comeback to get the draw against Middlesborough.
  • Dion Dublin jumping for the ball and winning the free kick to buy time (more often than not)
  • The smile on Steen Nedergaards face when someone in the crowd ripped the mickey out of him for falling over when taking a throw-in, one wet and miserable Tuesday evening.
  • Lappins'' free kick that "saved us from relegation".
  • Waiting to see where Andy "Norwich Who" Townsends'' latest 35 yard shot would end up.
  • The comedy, sorry commentary genius of Roy Waller.
  • Waiting for the pink un at the local shop at 6 p.m. on the dot on a dark Saturday evening in the 80s.
  • "Wass gorn orn un traynun Neeil ?"
  • Watching the traffic when the games were rubbish through the hole that is now a hotel, from the top part of the River End.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]These are mine, in order of greatness :

• Bruces'' Header vs Ipswich

• Fashanus'' goal vs Liverpool

• Gosses'' goal vs Munich

• 3rd in the original Premier league season.

• FA Cup semis in the 80s

• The open topped bus when we got promoted back to the Premiership after too long, and the canary on city hall.

• The day at Cardiff, the crowd and the stadium, if not the result - not to mention 11 hours 23 minutes queueing for tickets.

• Derby matches - even on the terraces at Portaloo road in the early 80s where your eye level was almost below the pitch.

• Darren Huckerbys'' explosive pace.

• Having Crouch and Huckerby in our team in the championship winning season.

• Iwan Roberts holding it up and feeding it on.

• Mike Channons'' trailing leg as he used to run into the penalty area, looking for the pen.

• The Ashton / McKenzie goal for 2-0 vs Man Utd

• The comeback to get the draw against Middlesborough.

• Dion Dublin jumping for the ball and winning the free kick to buy time (more often than not)

• The smile on Steen Nedergaards face when someone in the crowd ripped the mickey out of him for falling over when taking a throw-in, one wet and miserable Tuesday evening.

• Lappins'' free kick that "saved us from relegation".

• Waiting to see where Andy "Norwich Who" Townsends'' latest 35 yard shot would end up.

• The comedy, sorry commentary genius of Roy Waller.

• Waiting for the pink un at the local shop at 6 p.m. on the dot on a dark Saturday evening in the 80s.

• "Wass gorn orn un traynun Neeil ?"

• Watching the traffic when the games were rubbish through the hole that is now a hotel, from the top part of the River End.
[/quote]could you be more specific please [;)]

[quote user="Punting Canary"]"Sweets, chocolates, hot drinks, cold drinks" (rest his soul), and when it used to be a proper greasy van, the smell of onions before you crossed Carrow Bridge from the burger van told you it was match day and game on.
[/quote]

Was only talking to my hubby about that guy who used to walk around the ground with his little treolly selling the drinks and sweets, good memories hearing the Barclay all copying him bless his heart.

When I moved to Cedar Road and was repairing the flooring, opening the windows on match days and hearing the crowd noise roll across the train line and through the window into my house.

"On the Ball City", particularly at the start of every home game...makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

...which is good as there is no hair left on top of my head

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

The first game of a new season - Full crowds, lots of optimism, always sunny weather ....

[/quote]

7-1.

> Norwich fans love a moan.

> Love to moan at Doherty even when he is performing well, I swear I''m going to chin the bloke who sits near me who keeps abusing him and has done since he come in and performed well against Leyton Orient. Even though he had pie all over his face after that.

> Love over-rating or under-rating a player i.e. over rated players = cody mcdonald, ryan jarvis, lee croft under-rated = gary doherty, andy hughes, dickson etuhu

> Love getting up 10 minutes before halftime (something that rarely happens at other grounds) and are more concerned with the refreshment areas than the game itself

> Love disagreeing with their own fans at away games.

> Love the fact we''re Norfolk boys!!  

Cheers for the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OZwp_IxNmY

Great stuff... Was watching and was slightly amazed that they say, "Ward for his 24th of the season"... how often do we hear that?!... Hope I didn''t mis-hear that :)

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Do you really love him Mello ?  Or do you miss now you can''t moan about him ?
[/quote]

I bet you miss him.....