Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

New Hall of Fame Entrants

Why not just stick everyone who has been professionally involved with NCFC in there? It''s hardly looking exclusive now is it? I won''t mention the rumour going round that you have to pay for the postage of the Hall of Fame certificate and that NCFC, in true Ebay style, charge you double what it costs them...

The decision to place Munby in the Hall Of Fame cheapens the whole thing. He WAS NOT VOTED IN. Kevan Platt''s explanation for this extraordinary decision: "We felt that if supporters were allowed to vote for all ten places there would be natural loading towards the more modern era" is clearly nonsense. Munby was intimately involved with the modern era and a board notable only for its arrogance, smug indolence and abject failure. No fan would have voted for such a person.

Don''t all Barry Butler Trophy winners automatically get a place in the Hall of Fame? Which would obviously explain Dublin being in there.

Although in truth, I''d happily vote him in regardless. He may not have been here in glorious times, or at the peak of his career, but to have someone of that class (both on and off the pitch) associated with the club in such a way is an honour.

He remains one of the best players - at the ripe old age of 39 - I''ve seen pull on a Norwich shirt. The only regret I have with him is that we were only fortunate enough to see him play here for 2 seasons at the end of his career, when it should have been much more, much earlier. A true gent, and a fantastically gifted and intelligent player to boot.

I''m somewhat at a loss with Munby though! Although you could argue he ''played a part'' in our promotion...contentious!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

Don''t all Barry Butler Trophy winners automatically get a place in the Hall of Fame? Which would obviously explain Dublin being in there.

Although in truth, I''d happily vote him in regardless. He may not have been here in glorious times, or at the peak of his career, but to have someone of that class (both on and off the pitch) associated with the club in such a way is an honour.

He remains one of the best players - at the ripe old age of 39 - I''ve seen pull on a Norwich shirt. The only regret I have with him is that we were only fortunate enough to see him play here for 2 seasons at the end of his career, when it should have been much more, much earlier. A true gent, and a fantastically gifted and intelligent player to boot.

I''m somewhat at a loss with Munby though! Although you could argue he ''played a part'' in our promotion...contentious!

[/quote]

I''d echo everything you say about Dion. The guy is true class and to have him represent the club is top class.

It just seems strange that we are getting such a big hall of fame! I would be interested to look at the full list of entrants.

Why are you surprised at the number.

At £40.00 a head each dinner they can keep the money rolling in!

Expect half yearly celebrations of the 59''ers whilst there are enough of them left to make money out of.

It''s all nothing more that a money making ...........

I''d vote for Munby, his performances outside Carrow Road come hail, sunshine or massive loss deserves more credit than he got.

[quote user="eagle"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

[/quote]

I''d echo everything you say about Dion. The guy is true class and to have him represent the club is top class.

It just seems strange that we are getting such a big hall of fame! I would be interested to look at the full list of entrants.

[/quote]

I''m not denying Dion is a great guy just querying if he''s really worthy of the "hall of fame" when compared to the likes of Hucks, Crook or even Gunn! I guess the answer is now that the HOF is so big its not really exclusive. as one might think it would be!

They got the whole thing wrong at the start.  There should have only been 25 places taken and then it could have been built properly. Lost all creditiblity when Chase got in.

I thought the same thing about Munby being added. Whatever next, Neil Doncaster (for contribution to our downfall).

I think the main problem with the ''Hall of Fame'' is the amount of people we induct per year. There''s only so many people associated with our club before we start ''scraping the barrel'', just to fill the quota.

"I''d vote for Munby, his performances outside Carrow Road come hail, sunshine or massive loss deserves more credit than he got."

Don''t forget he did get £25k a year from the club in reimbursement for whatever the hell it was he did...nice little sideline.

[quote user="6th May 1939"]Mr Munby still attends matches at Carrow Road. But the club absolutely refuse to say whether he pays to get in.[/quote]

I can confirm that he does.

Even though he is now a life president!

[quote user="Robornio"]

I thought the same thing about Munby being added. Whatever next, Neil Doncaster (for contribution to our downfall).

I think the main problem with the ''Hall of Fame'' is the amount of people we induct per year. There''s only so many people associated with our club before we start ''scraping the barrel'', just to fill the quota.

[/quote]

It seems we are already at that point...

It''s just a racket to get money out of your wallets.  Admittedly a few years back when the original 100 hall of famers were conceived.  I wasted my money on one of those framed pictures with the cigarette card style famers in them.

i''ve got a hall of fame mousemat.. think i got it free at some point in the dim and distant past.. Chase is in it... i can understand why.. but not Munby.. theres being famous (Or infamous!!!!) and there was being at the club when it did ok.. which is what mumbles did!

See David Phillips has made it in now. That must have made his day, I bet he couldn''t sleep, he was so excited and honoured!

The next step for the club to take will be the "Ultimate Norwich Heroes" club, "...where you, the fan, have the opportunity to vote players from the current Hall of Fame into the exclusive Ultimate Norwich Heroes club, and, for just £125 a ticket join them in a monthly dinner to be held at your own home..."

Who''s next for the Hall of Fame? Reckon Tim Sherwood, Malcolm Allen and Erik Fugelstadt are all jostling for position?

For what it''s worth, I think Roger was a very nice bloke who always had the best interests of the club at heart. I have no problem with him being nominated. He also attended supporters functions regardless of what was going on on the pitch, never hid from the wrath of the fans and I actually think he was against a lot of what went on.

Darren Beckford should be in there with Sutchy....They both as outfield players, have played in goal in a competitive game for us.....Now, that''s famE!

That Cottee and Walsh bloke should be in there as well....and Neil Emblem!

And those two ''singing?'' twin Bruvvers ''Jedward'' who are in X Tractor, they should be in the Hall of Lame.....Just to keep the teens happy.

Is Delia and Micky in there yet?.....Time Terry Postle (Once a great Kit Monkey) is in there....and Roeder deserves a plinth or a poster......(somewhere to deposit unwanted chewin'' gum)....

Raz the Clown and the Norwich Puppet Man....

More the Merrier!