Sign in to follow this  
grinner

one man team

just heard worthy on rd norfolk. quote "if green goes we will be relegated".one man team we seem to be.has he lost the plot?

...well if he said this and meant it then I reckon he has totally lost the plot - Green is certainly good, but by no means the difference between us staying up and going down. 

Indeed, the case for the opposite is quite compelling.

If we lost Green I reckon we might let, say, 4 more goals in by the end of the season - I just do not recall him making that many saves this season which most keepers wouldn''t have got - but if we got a decent striker, he would get maybe 10.  In my book that is a net gain of 6, and would possibly keep us up!!

Worthington seems to get his ideas off Dowie at Palace , didnt we show the players a video to fire them up before the Southampton match a week or so after Dowie had done the same. And this week Dowie says if they lose Johnson they will be relegated , then in comes Worthy with an identical remark about Green . The way i see it is , if we play the 2nd half of the season the same as the 1st we are down anyway so what have we got to lose ?? nothing as Green will go in the summer when we are relegated .

Its not actually! Jesus can people not see past the simple letters of the words sometimes!

What would happen if Green went? He is one of the longest serving players at the club now. I dont think he was born in Norfolk but he is very much settled here and is defenitely a big part of the team spirit.

I think it would be stupid for anyone to think that loosing one of our better or lets just say more consistant players would not affect our relegation dog-fight. Ofcourse it would, just as if we lost Huckerby, Francis (just look at us without him now), Charlton and even Holt.

It may not affect the ability of a team, I dont think that is being drawn into question. I think it is more to do with the spirit of the team. The messege would be for them not to get too settled because if you play well expect to get sold.

That and the fact that Green will not depreciate in price. In fact it is likely that it will go up. If the club sold him now they would have to face the fact that should we get relegated, that will be the reason blamed.

Whatever some of you "pannickers" think, I trust and believe in this board as for the last five or six years they have been making progress, and this season is a result of that. I dont think they are about to push the boat out and risk sinking it again, it will have ruined their effort to get us here.

They will give as much as they can and then we will just have to see if it is enough, there is no way that anyone can complain in my view. Why dont you just tell the tramp to buy some new clothes whilst your at it!

We are not a small club anymore, but we certainly arnt a big club, just like you wouldnt say that Charlton are as big as Man U etc. Patience is what is required in football now, if you want to get anywhere.

I would recomend you look at Plymouth Argyle. A good example of a steady and patient club. In three seasons they have come up from Div 3 to Div 1 and dont look at all out of place.

To me some people seem to have gotten very carried away with promotion. We have got here on cheap, bargain if not free transfers. Something that Worthington has been forced into doing due to club debts and limited money. Something that he has become very good at, see messers Edworthy, Helveg, Charlton etc.

The money for those that want to know, goes into balancing the club. When Delia and Michael came along the club didnt make proffit by itself. From what I can tell Chase used to offset this with money from his companies but when that started to struggle he took money back from the club and thus sunk it.

The current board have built business for the club to make proffit on by itself so that who ever inherits it next has some sort of foundation to build upon. In other words the club can make a proffit on its own to use to improve both the squad and club attributes like the accademy etc.

I will say it again, I dont think that Green will go anywhere untill the summer for many reasons.

For one the contract sagas that are going on at the moment dont really sort themselves out untill the end of the transfer window. Certain unplaid players like Cudecini may want out etc etc.

At the end of the day Brian, a goalkeeper on his own can''t keep the opposition at bay. How many goals conceded could Greeno have done anything to stop this season? Hardly any.

chelsea, but that was a bad day for green.

We play as a TEAM not a one man army! Like already said, Greeno cant do everything, but only help. Huckerby, Mckenzie and Svensson ect. still have to find the net the other end of the pitch! Greeno, along with Hux and Damo, are key players for our team!

I bet that the other members of the squad must have felt valued when they heard Worthy''s comment! 

he did at highbury from m keown - though he didnt mean to.

Has he really never saved one in a match? He may as well just stand still.

[quote]just heard worthy on rd norfolk. quote "if green goes we will be relegated".one man team we seem to be.has he lost the plot?[/quote]

He didnt say quite that. What he did say is that he is a quality players and if we are to stay in the premier we need to keep all our quality players at this club.Also said he had saved us several times this season and as far as he is concerned hes not for sale..

Green was then interviewed and said he was going nowhere and was confident he would still be here at the end of this month.

So can we assume he''s been sold on the condition that he can stay with us until May?