Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

£20 poulton tickets

[quote user="bristol_canary"]hardly  Norwich''s biggest game is it![/quote]So they should charge home supporters £20 and away supporters a fiver?  Think about it.

Supply and demand. Simples! Give them their gate - they deserve it! I''d happily pay 20 squids to see it - so if there''s any Away Season Ticketers out there having a grumble, I''ll have your ticket and stop the night at my Gran''s down the road.

I would much rather pay £20 to see us play a team like paulton in the fa cup than the best part of thirty quid we normally pay for places like palace. It''s a once in a lifetime opportunity for them and a once in a lifetime ''experience'' for us (hopefully), I daresay if some tickets went up on eBay for it then I would imagine they will go for more than 20 pounds. It will be great day out for both sets of fans and well worth the money.

Do you have any idea how much small clubs like that struggle to keep going? At least we have large regular sources of income. I don''t begrudge them making the most ££ possible out of this game.

[quote user="lappinitup"]No.[/quote]

Cannot remember the last time you bought a home ticket Lapp never mind one for an away game!

Speaking as someone who worked for a Conference South team in the past, I know that the FA do actually impose minimum prices for each round, although £20 for a terrace ticket would be well above this threshold.

If I could go, I would not hesitate paying that, teams with a higher standing in the football pyramid should do everything they could for smaller teams and I don''t mean that in a patronising way. It willbe their biggest game and they should and need do everything they can to raise money.

...and to add to all that, I am not sure about allocation/gate receipts but I do hope that we don''t take any money off them from the ticket sales etc., I know we are skint but I hope we are not cheap.

It is certainly a hike from the £7 it cost me to see them beat Chippenham in the last round!!

I know its all about making money but feel a bit sorry for their small band of loyal supporters!  Hope they have some sort of discount. 

Or are home supporters tickets usually different price anyway?

[quote user="Matt"]

It is certainly a hike from the £7 it cost me to see them beat Chippenham in the last round!!

I know its all about making money but feel a bit sorry for their small band of loyal supporters!  Hope they have some sort of discount. 

Or are home supporters tickets usually different price anyway?

[/quote]

Why feel sorry for them? They are just average folk like you and me. Just because they follow a lower league team does not make them paupers.

[quote user="plan b"]...and to add to all that, I am not sure about allocation/gate receipts but I do hope that we don''t take any money off them from the ticket sales etc., I know we are skint but I hope we are not cheap.[/quote]

What a joke!

They will make thousands out of sponsorshp and media exposure, why on earth should we "donate" money that is rightfully ours?! We''re a football club NOT a charity. Good luck to Paulton etc etc but we need the money more than they do.

Agree with other posters good luck to them the money they''ll get will hopefully make them secure for a long time. Judging history it will be a long while before they get anything like the attendance they will get for us. If they are currently getting 100 people a game paying a few pounds, then 3000 paying £20 +other monies from TV and progress in cup so far will make it a great occasion for them and help to safeguard their future.

I think £20 is a fair price for the game. It’s a one-off and a piece of history for Paulton for getting to the first round of the Cup. Let’s hope they don’t have another historic moment in the next round. 

My local team, Wealdstone, have also made it through all the qualifying rounds and have drawn Rotherham at home. They are charging £15 for ground entry and £20 for a seat in the stand. Luckily that game is on a Sunday so I’ll be able to go.

knowing it''s going straight to the football club and not paying a single footballers wages or propping up a badly managed TV financed regime elsewhere, leads me to believe that £20 is very reasonable. I''d pay £30 happily, Paulton seem like a nice bunch.

Having spoke to a friend who helps out at Paulton.... the £20 ticket price was set by the FA during their meeting on Tuesday. Lot of opposition from Paulton as they didnt want to alienate their fans as normally its £7 to get in!! Good luck to them and would be a great gesture if Norwich were to let them have our gate receipts aswell! OTBC

Whilst it would be a ''great gesture'', I''d hazard a guess that Paulton Rovers'' financial position is far less hazardous than ours and it''s our board that are more grateful of the monies coming in thanks to the television cameras.

I reckon Paulton are going to be making at least a couple of hundred thousand out of this game through sponsorship deals and advertising - far beyond anything they could have dreamt of making out of the FA Cup when they started the campaign.

No need for us to feel sorry for them, see them as some sort of charity case and donate our 45% (£22.5k max.) of the gate receipts. I don''t remember us doing the same against Tamworth, when our finances were (in theory) in a far better state.

[quote user="Southwestcanary"]Having spoke to a friend who helps out at Paulton.... the £20 ticket price was set by the FA during their meeting on Tuesday. Lot of opposition from Paulton as they didnt want to alienate their fans as normally its £7 to get in!! Good luck to them and would be a great gesture if Norwich were to let them have our gate receipts aswell! OTBC[/quote]

TBF we aren''t a charity [:)]