Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

OT: Feature on Chris Sutton may interest those who remember him

Very interesting. I hope he does really well there and am keeping a close eye on Lincoln''s progress now. Loved him as a player.

Chatted to Jerry Goss a little while before Sutty got the Lincoln job and he thought Sutton would go on to big things in coaching and management, had got the badges and was doing the rounds, so to speak, listening and watching others and learning.

The sentimental old fool withon me hopes that, after Lambo gets us promoted this season, establishes us as a top 6 side in the CCC and gets us to the semi finals of one of the cups in the next two years or so-and inevitqbly moves on and takes the job at Blackburn-Sutton comes back here and is his replacement.Well, I can dream!

Good luck to him and Lincoln and cheers for the link, Cam.

Thanks Cam. Great article.  Sounds very much like he''s planned his foray into management very carefully and I''m sure he''ll be a success.  Future Canary manager once Lambo gets snapped up by a big club in a few years?  Only time will tell but wouldn''t it be great to see him back at Carra.  (Not saying I want Lambo to move on but you know football)

I hope that he''s a real success. He''s certainly one of my favourite all time Canaries, and would partner Reeves up front in my dream team!

Yep, he''s inm my dream team-Reeves just missed out on playing alongside him, as think Sutton and Drinkell would have been a devastating front pairing!

Remember one of the goals he got at Blackburn at the start of the 92/93 season, skill, pace and power, summed him up as a player.

Really good article that.

I went to Uni in Lincoln so I have always looked out for their results, now I have even more of a reason to check for them! I even know a couple of the players there (one of the keepers was even signed from the Uni team above the one I played in!).

I hope Sutton does well, like Cam says he is obviously looking for loan players and has been at our reserve games. Lincoln is a nice place and it would be ideal for a few of our fringe/young players to go there and get some game time. Players like Stephens, Adeyemi, Daley, even Cody Mac, could learn a lot from playing there for a few months.

[quote user="dizgoo"]

"those who remember him"?!?

Here''s an article on someone else, doubt any of you have heard of him though:

http://mahatma-gandhi-news.newslib.com/story/3983-3209530/

[/quote]

It obviously does not occur to you that some posters may have only started watching City in the last 15 years and so will not have seen Sutton play for us.  They may not be interested.

Why so patronising???

Erm Chris Sutton is one of our all-times greats!

Are you telling me that Man U fan''s aged 12 haven''t heard of George Best?

[quote user="dizgoo"]

[/quote]

So he might be, but there really isn''t any need to be quite so patronising is there? [:)]

Yes, there is where Callumdoom is concerned.

The sight of his username depresses me. Peculiar fellow.

Reading that Article Chris speaks alot like Mike Walker did.... i think he''ll do well.. he''s also doing it the right way... starting small at a side where mid table would be acceptable, anything else a bonus....

good lukc sutts!

Beau wrote "I hope that he''s a real success. He''s certainly one of my favourite all time Canaries, and would partner Reeves up front in my dream team!"

Beau...if somehow you could find room for Drinkell and Robins I would gladly join you in your dreams (in a manly married with two kids type way you understand)

[quote user="dizgoo"]

[/quote]

Maybe some haven''t. A lot would argue that Best was their greatest player ever, do our fans say the same of Sutton?

I still remember the day after we sold Sutton :(I was at school and got excluded for punching a binner cos he asked what happened to Sutton...

Definitely one of my favourite players and I hope he does well at Lincoln. I seem to remember him scoring a hatrick in a match early in his career when he was used as an emergency centre forward. He was interviewed on TV after the game and said he was looking forward to getting back into defence for the next match! 

I liked his goal celebration too-not sure that I can describe it very well but he brought his arm round from his side and then in front of him in a sort of punching motion. I still do that whenever I clean bowl an opponent in cricket in a rather pathetic tribute to him.