Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

ITV coverage- poor

[quote user="Have Heart"]At the end of the day it''s on TV so those who won''t be attending the game can still watch it. So stop your moaning!![/quote]

Agreed, turn the sound off and switch on Radio 5 for the commentary.

Anyone watch their coverage of pulling the balls out of a hat?

It seemed to me that everything possible was sponsered in some way. Thought they were gonna introduce a new sponser after every ball. And also the banter was terrible

But as you rightly say at least its on tv!

You havent seen it yet i''m not saying it might be better now but the camera man wasn''t keeping up with the ball

turn the sound off and switch on Radio 5 for the commentary.

thats what i''ll be doing. ITV commentators are some of the worst around.

Tried this for the Leeds game with commentary from Radio Norfolk - unfortunately due to the digital delay we ''heard'' the goal go in before we ''saw'' it! 

[quote user="Holty23"]Leeds vs Histon last year any1 else watch it leeds fans were singing

"ITV is f***ing Sh*t"[/quote]

Yep I remember that. Made me chuckle

Wasn''t the Leeds game with Histon the one where it was really wet and the cameraman wasn''t wiping the lens often enough therefore the picture just looked rubbish.

Personally I can''t wait for Gary Newbon to commentate on our beloved club, with Andy Townsend offering pearls of wisdom such as "this is a massive game, Gary, it sums up the magic of the FA Cup and Paulton will go out there today and give it a hundred and ten percent in their attempts to write some magic into their club''s history and knock the Canaries off their perch."

He is a bit of a penis, but one of my favorite players to have pulled on a shirt. But can''t stand him as an ''expert''.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Andy Townsend is a plonker....

and thats being polite!

[/quote]He does sound as though he has forgotten he played for us. He''ll happily mention on Talksport "my old club Villa/Chelsea/Boro/Southampton", but whenever we''re mentioned? Nothing.

Andy Townsend always sounds like a south London wide boy,not a natural broadcaster.Generally ITV is shite,they make a pigs ear of covering the news,any major sporting event and have an overall tacky Redtop -Sun reader style. I rarely watch ITV.

[quote user="claud"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Andy Townsend is a plonker....

and thats being polite!

[/quote]

He does sound as though he has forgotten he played for us. He''ll happily mention on Talksport "my old club Villa/Chelsea/Boro/Southampton", but whenever we''re mentioned? Nothing.
[/quote]

Expect him to conveniently erase us from his personal history yet again. Why does he do this? Our status is just as good, if not better than Southampton or ''Boro.

[quote user="Aussie_Canary"]Leeds vs Histon last year any1 else watch it leeds fans were singing "ITV is f***ing Sh*t"[/quote]It''s got to be better than the pundits on MOTD2 tonight.

Adrian Chile just calling both teams City the whole time - "As far as City were concerned, it was just a bad day at the office." - Who? It''s Birmingham City vs Man City

The other two weren''t any better, with Mark Bright just unable to get is words out, saying things like "Now Ridgewell''s a Left ba, er, erm a right back, a center back played left back."

And the smooth Les Ferdinand''s coming out with the very eloquent "Yeah but, you know, um, well, you know, we talk about Man City and, er, erm..." and that was when he wasn''t stuttering "Wha-wha-what they did"

It''s so annoying when you are trying to listen to them, these people just shouldn''t be presenting.