I''m not really bothered by them, or by how much of a ''bigger'' club we are. We''re in the same league as them - they have every right to consider us equals until we get out of this division.

Totally agree Hogesar. We''re down here now. Less of the patronising other teams! They spanked our apathy 7 - 1 remember?

I appreciate them as a feeder club, sure. There''s not one player of theirs that wouldn''t rather sign for us - fact.

That 7-1 result was one of the most important in our history and I''m very thankful for it...but we''re still a much bigger club and frankly being in the same league just illustrates how far we''ve fallen.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]There are a number of Colchester''s current first team who would not be prepared to play for Paul Lambert again.[/quote]

Ha ha. Was that what the press office told you?

They would pal, in a heart beat.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]There are a number of Colchester''s current first team who would not be prepared to play for Paul Lambert again.[/quote]

Ha ha. Was that what the press office told you?

They would pal, in a heart beat.

[/quote] Given that we didn''t even need to ask PL if he was interested - just resigned and drove to Norwich!

Gee thanks for yet more pearls of wisdom....YAAAAAAAAAAWN

I''m sorry but they beat you 7-1 and they are higher in the league than you.... and you think you''re double the club they are. You tell our fans to stop living in the past and then you say you have better history and shit which makes you double the club they are? okay

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]I''m sorry but they beat you 7-1 and they are higher in the league than you.... and you think you''re double the club they are. You tell our fans to stop living in the past and then you say you have better history and shit which makes you double the club they are? okay [/quote]God you can tell it half term.  BudgieBasher, Cullum, go and play nicely in the corner...

Cullum, for the moment they ARE our equals - at least in terms of League status. Crowd size has no bearing on league status (although league status often influences crowd size) and neither does history - if you want examples of great clubs fallen from grace, look at the following

Queens Park (once Scotland''s best club and three times ENGLISH FA Cup Finalists - now Div 2 - I think - in Scotland)

Preston (the original League Champions)

Blackpool (Stanley Matthews, 53 Cup Final)

Leeds United (Champions league semifinalists in this decade)

Notts County (another former member of the Football League)

Assuming we go up this year then we can gloat again - if we don''t then we may have an immediate future of being a small club. Get used to it, its where we are

.....however if we do stay down I''m looking forward to playing Ipsht again next year....

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]If it wasn''t a joke, what was the aim of your post then "breadwin"
[/quote]

Does it give you a trill coming on this forum?

Yes, I am ''trilled'' to be here. Your admirance of our football club -> you post alot about us -> I bait you -> you take it and fight back -> I laugh./end

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]Yes, I am ''trilled'' to be here. Your admirance of our football club -> you post alot about us -> I bait you -> you take it and fight back -> I laugh.

/end
[/quote]

Oh dear, when is half term over?[img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/bash.gif[/img]

And so continues the dismantling of Ipswich''s reputation by Britain''s tabloid press. In the eyes of their millions of readers, Ipswich is:

- A town overrun with prostitutes

- The home of Steve Wright, Britain''s most frenzied killer

- On a lighter note, the home of England''s least successful football team

- And now, where the world''s fattest man lives

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]Sadly, today is the last day I am able to troll your boards consistently.
[/quote]

You''re not wrong there, cheerio.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]Sadly, today is the last day I am able to troll your boards consistently.
[/quote]

You''re not wrong there, cheerio.

[/quote]

Classic, thanks Pete

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]Yes, I am ''trilled'' to be here. Your admirance of our football club -> you post alot about us -> I bait you -> you take it and fight back -> I laugh.

/end
[/quote]

Good to seed the back of you....