Sign in to follow this  
onebobbyrobson

To all you naaarwich fans on here who have posed on twtd

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

What I enjoy most about the scummers current predicament is the absence of City fans who enjoy pointing out they are doing better than us.

Oh....

[/quote]

Then again I wonder how many of us wish we were at the bottom of the Championship with two thirds of the season to go and money to spend in Jan instead of being in League 1and broke Nutty?

[/quote]

I don''t know Angel. I know I don''t wish for that.

Football is not all about money and what we could have. Would you really wish for Marcus Evans and Roy Keane over Delia Smith and Paul Lambert?

I expect I''m in the minority but I''m enjoying the football more this year than I did last. Last season I travelled to fourteen away games and saw one win where as this season I have already seen us win twice away and expect to see more. I rather suspect that us City fans have enjoyed are games this season far more than the scummers have enjoyed theirs. If we carry on in this vein but don''t get promoted and they carry on as they are but avoid relegation then I guarantee we will enjoy our games more even if we are still ultimately a league below them. I don''t go to football to watch an arms dealers cheque book.

I can''t believe you are even thinking about it CA.

I wouldn''t care if Ipswich had won every league title and cup for ten years and we were non league.

Nothing, and I repeat nothing would make me wish we were them. Nothing. And Nutty, yes, I agree, I would rather have Delia and Lambert over Evans and Keane.

Ipswich are doing so well this season, let''s hope he stays there to finish the job.

the OP is symbolic of al Ipswich fans at the mo.. Determined to cling onto the tiniest bit of beleif that Keane is a good manager when he is, infact, a joke!

" Then again I wonder how many of us wish we were at the bottom of the Championship with two thirds of the season to go and money to spend in Jan "

ha ha ha....... that''s priceless. The poor old binners haven''t a pot to pi$$ in and here we have this kind of guff. One idiot even claimed they had spent £20million ! ! !

So maybe these posters could answer a few questions -

Why did the binners have to sell this summer ?

Was Rhodes a ''footballing reason'' sale - the binner have scored 15, he has scored 9 ?

Why are they supposedly waiting till January, why not bring in loaness NOW - lost points now will not be gained after January whoever is signed ?

Why would Clegg state that cuts are being made to end the annual £2m losses if money was alledgely available ?

The truth is that the binners have been living beyond their means for years, living off others. It''s now payback time.

Counting up player''s total contract amounts and other extras does not equate to money spent - nor is it an accurate figure if the wages saved and any incoming transfer fees are not factored into that equation.

The binners are bottom of the league as much through Keane''s incompetence as the dire lack of money available.

Keane has little choice. No one wanted this poisoned chalice of a job before and after ''mad jig'', nor did anyone want Keane either.

They deserve each other.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I can''t believe you are even thinking about it CA. I wouldn''t care if Ipswich had won every league title and cup for ten years and we were non league. Nothing, and I repeat nothing would make me wish we were them. .[/quote]

I wasn''t thinking about it Gazza, I just just wishing we were still in the Championship instead of League 1, nothing to do with wanting to be them!!

cityangel, what makes you think the binners have money to spend in January ?

And what makes you so certain as you are that they don''t. They spent around 6 million in the summer...

"They spent around 6 million in the summer"

And I''m the king of spain !

The onus is on you to justify any of that old tosh.

What doesn''t need justifying is that they sold in the summer to raise money.

Clegg has said they have to CUT their expenditure by £2m per year.

They have made very few loan signings despite being bottom of the league.

So a breakdown of where that £6million went might help - presuming you have factored in the players leaving bbinman road last summer ..... quite a few off the wage bill.

Maybe you might wish to remind yourself of the supposed £750,000 we paid for Dave Strivka and then wonder how accurate are the figures you have swallowed.

The thing I find funniest is that Ipswich are hiring the man who quit at a club bottom of League 1 to join them at the bottom of the Championship as "Help", fair play Taylor knows how to get a team of out League 2, perhaps the binners are preparing for life there???

[quote user="City1st"]"They spent around 6 million in the summer" And I''m the king of spain ! The onus is on you to justify any of that old tosh. What doesn''t need justifying is that they sold in the summer to raise money. Clegg has said they have to CUT their expenditure by £2m per year. They have made very few loan signings despite being bottom of the league. So a breakdown of where that £6million went might help - presuming you have factored in the players leaving bbinman road last summer ..... quite a few off the wage bill. Maybe you might wish to remind yourself of the supposed £750,000 we paid for Dave Strivka and then wonder how accurate are the figures you have swallowed.[/quote]

Hang on, you have to justify you''re claims, yu keep saying it but apart from circumstantial stuff, you have no credit or facts really do ya?

They sold bugger all except the cheapies and shitee, mind you, all their squad is crap.

In/OutPlayer NameAmount/TypeTo/From
Transfer SpeculationAsmir Begovic On Loan Portsmouth
Transfer SpeculationLiam Rosenior On Loan Reading
Transfer SpeculationGrant Leadbitter £ 2,600,000 Sunderland
Transfer SpeculationCarlos Edwards £ 1,350,000 Sunderland
Transfer SpeculationArran Lee-Barrett Free Transfer Hartlepool United
Transfer SpeculationShane Supple Cancelled Contract  
Transfer SpeculationTamas Priskin Undisclosed Watford
Transfer SpeculationJack Colback On Loan Sunderland
Transfer SpeculationVeliche Shumulikoski Undisclosed Preston North End
Transfer SpeculationMatthew Richards Free Transfer Walsall
Transfer SpeculationKevin Lisbie On Loan Colchester United
Transfer SpeculationJordan Rhodes Undisclosed Huddersfield Town
Transfer SpeculationDean Bowditch Free Transfer Yeovil Town
Transfer SpeculationColin Healy Undisclosed Cork City
Transfer SpeculationDan Harding Free Transfer Southampton
Transfer SpeculationDanny Haynes Undisclosed Bristol City
Transfer SpeculationLee Martin Undisclosed Manchester United
Transfer SpeculationDamien Delaney Undisclosed Queens Park Rangers
Transfer SpeculationTommy Miller Free Transfer Sheffield Wednesday
Transfer SpeculationBilly Clarke Free Transfer Blackpool
Transfer SpeculationChris Casement Released  
Transfer SpeculationKurt Robinson Released  
Transfer SpeculationIvan Campo Released  

eh ?

Do you actually read posts before replying to them, if not let me put it as simply as I can.

It is not up to me to disprove your claims you have to prove them. Quoting meaningless figures does not do that as i suggested over the figures quoted for Dave Strivka.

Keane admitted that players would have to go to fund incoming players. I doubt Rhodes is ''shitee''.

Clegg stated on Aug 3rd that the club would have to make cuts to stop the annual £2m loss.

Since struggling at the bottom ipswich HAVE NOT brought in any amount of loanees that would suggest money being available.

More players have left than arrived - there may even be others out on loan.

Those are facts NOT circumstantial stuff. Facts that suggest there is not the money claimed.

Again as you claimed £6m spent please provide veriable sources that will prove your claims. The onus is on you.

Now they can''t afford Taylor...

Roy Keane has dumped Peter Taylor in the latest shock move of his troubled Ipswich Town reign.

Keane had called in experienced coach Taylor who spent two days working with his players until a bizarre U-turn yesterday.

Out of the blue Keane rang Taylor to tell him his imminent appointment as No.2 was off ''after he had thought about it.''

Former England boss Taylor has told pals he is stunned and furious after the abrupt end of their relationship.

Oh and Ipswich Town manager Roy Keane has had an offer for Potters pair Leon Cort and Danny Higginbotham turned down by the club.

''Can''t afford Taylor''. Yes, you sure know what you''re on about. Just because we aren''t a broke club, there is no need to get jealous. Also, I''m led to believe atleast one of the Stoke pair was interested in joining Ipswich, but Tony Pulis would not allow either to go because he wanted them for backup. I guess you''d have alot of success trying to lure Premier League fringe players? Exactly.

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]''Can''t afford Taylor''. Yes, you sure know what you''re on about. Just because we aren''t a broke club, there is no need to get jealous. Also, I''m led to believe atleast one of the Stoke pair was interested in joining Ipswich, but Tony Pulis would not allow either to go because he wanted them for backup. I guess you''d have alot of success trying to lure Premier League fringe players? Exactly.[/quote]We don''t need to. We''re winning games. [:D]

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]Oh what a feat. Have fun against Paulton Rovers ;)
[/quote]

Thanks, and you have fun trying to get your first win of the season in your 15th League game.

We''ve had our nightmare pal, but your''s is just beginning..........

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]''Can''t afford Taylor''. Yes, you sure know what you''re on about. Just because we aren''t a broke club, there is no need to get jealous. Also, I''m led to believe atleast one of the Stoke pair was interested in joining Ipswich, but Tony Pulis would not allow either to go because he wanted them for backup. I guess you''d have alot of success trying to lure Premier League fringe players? Exactly.
[/quote]

Another one who simply doesn’t get it, how much money does ‘your’ club owe? 

Go on, have a go, tell us all what you think and whilst you are at it try and work out who you owe the money to.

The expression ‘you can’t educate pork’ springs to mind

[quote user="BudgieBasher"]''Can''t afford Taylor''. Yes, you sure know what you''re on about. Just because we aren''t a broke club, there is no need to get jealous. Also, I''m led to believe atleast one of the Stoke pair was interested in joining Ipswich, but Tony Pulis would not allow either to go because he wanted them for backup. I guess you''d have alot of success trying to lure Premier League fringe players? Exactly.
[/quote]

After the showing they gave us last season, they are all yours mate!

Only 6 places between us, you must be proud of the job Mr Evans and Mr Keane are doing at your council tip? As for not being a broke club, you may be closer to broke than you think!

[:)][quote user="City1st"]"  So maybe these posters could answer a few questions [/quote]

[quote]Why did the binners have to sell this summer ? [/quote]

They only actually sold 3 players a) Sumikoski £400k because they have an overload of midfielders and Keane didn''t rate him b) Haynes £400k Keane didnt rate him plus the lad wanted first team footy c) Rhodes £850 decided to keep young Connor Wickham and let Rhodes go which most Ipswich fans thought was a mistake.

[quote]Was Rhodes a ''footballing reason'' sale [/quote]

Keane said he was too far down the strikers pecking order with Pablo, Stead, Priskin, Walters, Lisbie and Wickham all ahead of him at that time

[quote]Why are they supposedly waiting till January, why not bring in loaness now[/quote]

They haven''t - they have 3 loanees at the club, Colback, Begovic, Rosenoir plus were turned down for 2 players from Stoke yesterday

[quote]They haven''t got a pot to piss in[/quote]

Not true -They spent £8million in the summer bringing in 8 perm players plus received  Â£4m for a 5yr sponsorship deal and look likely to bring in a few more players in Jan.

[quote]More players have left than arrived[/quote]

Not true - from the first team squad  only 3 were sold ( Haynes,Sumikoski and Rhodes), Campo, Harding and Miller were released and in came Healey, Leadbitter, Edwards, Martin, Priskin, Brown, O''Connor, Delaney plus the 3 loanees.

Think the only thing in your post that was accurate was the bit about ''''The binners are bottom of the league'''' no-one can argue with that[:)] [:D]

Angel.... I seriously would not swop our financial situation for theirs. They have in reality "sold their soul to the devil"[:O]

Marcus Evans is not a kindly old benefactor who has the interests of the club set deep in his heart. He is not a well meaning Z list celebrity cook with a love for the club and community racing through his veins.

Marcus Evans bought the scummers debt for 7m because Norwich Union saw that 7m as a better deal than 5p in the pound. But those considerably richer than you scummers still owed the full 32m. In fact it''s worse than that!

However, that debt is not to be absolved from the books of Ipswich Town and the full £32m remains payable to a Marcus Evans Group company. In addition, the Trust understands that the debt will continue to accrue interest, so the debt will increase.

I understand that a further 8.1m was in vested in preference shares at an annual interest rate of 7%. This money is repayable to Evans in the future. It''s far more attractive to him than The Woolwich! Where else can you get 7%?

Can anyone try to answer Bury Greens question "How much do they owe?"

Of course the scummers will gloat saying why would all this matter if their ill gotten gains take them to the promised land. But in reality what is there for them in the promised land if all the riches go to Marcus Evans.

Some Norwich fans really do always think the grass is greener. Envy is a terribly heavy chip to carry around. I can assure you that we are enjoying our football more than their fans are. I believe the long term future of our club is far more stable than theirs. And I also believe that Delia Smith & Michael Wynn Jones would never sell our club and it''s fans short like dear old red chops did down the road.

What a load of old nonsense. I accept cityangel that you have a soft spot for the binners but this is worthless rubbish.

You use weasel words about players leaving the first team squad rather than the playing staff as a whole. What is the first team squad. Wickham or Garvan ? I know which one would have been deemed a first team squad player in Aug.

Wickham and Lisbie were NOT ahead of Rhodes. In fact Lisbie left within days of Rhodes so it would have been known that he was not staying - and Priskin HAD NOT even arrived at ipswich when Rodes left ! ! !

You talk of loanees from Stoke yet Keane denies any approach. If there is a need now then AGAIN, why wait til January.

The £8m you waffle on about is £2m more than the other chap and 12million less thatn an earlier post. Why not accept that none of us know. Merely factoring the total contract is pointless. You might just as well say that we have spent £24m (or whatever the total wage bill is for three years).

As to the sponsorship guff I hope you are not talking about Marcus Evans having to plaster his name all over the place as no one else will touch the binners with a barge pole. Ask yourself why that is.

Most curiously you conveniently avoided addressing the issue of Clegg stating that the binners will have to make cuts to end their annual £2m losses. Why was that ? What effect will that loss of £2m have on their expenditure ?

As a defence of the binners your efforts tell us nothing.

NO concrete evidence of what they have spent or what their wage bill is.

NO correct numbers on whether their playing staff is lower.

NO external evidence on sponsorship

No answers on the £2m cuts

In fact nothing other than some ''pro binner flannel''. Perhaps you could tell us why that is ?

Angel is no binner City1st. She''s probably been led up the garden path with a bit of the old binner flannel but she is a City fan through and through like you and I.

[/quote]

you are a broke Club.. Marcus evans bought the Edbt.. you still owe the money.. you just owe it to him... he hasnt put a penny of his own wealth into the football club...

He''s making mugs of you.