Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Attention NCFC Board - Time to find the money.

You look like you''ve found a winning combination in McNally and Lambert.

The squad obviously has potential.

Paul Lambert needs to be backed now - just as Nigel Worthington was backed in 2003-04 with Huckerby, Crouch and Harper.

Serious business is at hand.

A central defender ( Martin Taylor?) and a wideman with pace seem to be most peoples choices.

If you don''t have the money right now, it''s your job to find it.

"There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries".

From ''Julius Caesar'' by William Shakespeare.

May good luck be with you.

And promotion result.

One love.

OTBC

Yep.. let''s finally get a central defender in so we can keep a clean sheet.[Y]

Wide right is the player we should push the boat out for.

But when Worthy brought in Hucks, Crouch and Harper we didn''t have the players at the club to get results. Be careful not to upset the team spirit we have.

The board need to have a good look and get the funds in now, like Bly said, a right winger is a must and another central defender with a bit of pace would be good too. I would want to get another right back too.

We kept a clean sheet at the weekend. I would rather have a pacey winger, bit more exciting but so long as Lambert keeps winning i don''t mind what players he brings in.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But when Worthy brought in Hucks, Crouch and Harper we didn''t have the players at the club to get results. Be careful not to upset the team spirit we have.

[/quote]

100% agree NN,we need that final piece of the puzzle but we have to be careful not to upset the current squad,we are looking good at the moment and PL looks like he was the man for the job.

[/quote]I dont know whether you meant it, but you made me laugh out loud! [:D]

It''s October, so I don''t think that we need the final piece of the puzzle, I think we need to have a lot more pieces of the puzzle. Lets not get carried away.

Didn''t we go this way before when we got to the promised land.

Bought in a load of newbies who did nothing to raise team spirit, and left as soon as we got relegated.

Lets build with our own boys - Well done Mr Lambert for recognising this.

Oh and Yes and lets keep Delia - We don''t want any troublemakers like Mr Bates at Leeds - Who needs Money ?? - Bring on the Youth and players like Cody. 

[/quote]

Not sure what you mean - but you''re the historian so give us some facts.

I thought we were getting results up to a point in the earlier part of that season and that this is what emboldened Worthy to go to the board and get in the 3 on loan. And when the momentum picked up further he went and twisted their arms and got in the 3 Xmas signings - and Bob''s yer uncle!

But, of course I''m probably wrong.[:$]

I do agree, however, concerning your caution about team spirit.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I thought we were getting results up to a point in the earlier part of that season and that this is what emboldened Worthy to go to the board and get in the 3 on loan. And when the momentum picked up further he went and twisted their arms and got in the 3 Xmas signings - and Bob''s yer uncle!

OTBC

[/quote]It was only about 4 games into the season, we were struggling. We lost 2-0 at Forest (the game where green got caught rolling the ball out in front of him by Johnson) and I believe Rivers got injured, we looked like we were going nowhere and we brought in the 3 players in on loan, we were a totally different side.

[quote user="Longy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

It was only about 4 games into the season, we were struggling. We lost 2-0 at Forest (the game where green got caught rolling the ball out in front of him by Johnson) and I believe Rivers got injured, we looked like we were going nowhere and we brought in the 3 players in on loan, we were a totally different side.
[/quote]

OK thanks Longy, I thought perhaps I may have been wrong about that part..

I guess you are saying that coming off the high of the playoff final, the following promotion season 2003-04 didn''t start off too well. I must look that up and set my memory straight.

OTBC

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]What do you think we are going to do with Whaley? Wasn''t he meant to be the answer to our wide right problem?[/quote]

Meant to be but wasn''t!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

It was only about 4 games into the season, we were struggling. We lost 2-0 at Forest (the game where green got caught rolling the ball out in front of him by Johnson) and I believe Rivers got injured, we looked like we were going nowhere and we brought in the 3 players in on loan, we were a totally different side.
[/quote]

I guess you are saying that coming off the high of the playoff final, the following promotion season 2003-04 didn''t start off too well. I must look that up and set my memory straight.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well I would if I was you because we reached the play-off final in 2002.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

bbb = Mr Faktzanstatz.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re right.

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

bbb = my hero

[/quote]

Why, thanks dear. I suppose it takes all types.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

More pretty colours and I haven''t got a clue what you are on about. [*-)]

To the green point.. well, I was being a bit misleading there because I actually think a back four of Spillane Doherty Askou and Drury is as good as it gets in this league so I wouldn''t demand the board go find some money to get cover for these. Why do you want them to?

Now the red point - Huckerby, Crouch and Harper came to us in September 2003. We had made an average start to the season but had lost three important players in quick succession. Out of the blue David Nielson went back to Denmark with his family. I think we got about £150,000 for him but Worthy had no real choice in the matter. Zema Abbey had sustained a serious injury at Sheffield Utd and was going to be out for most of the season. And Mark Rivers got an injury at Forest. I think it was a broken foot but I''m not sure. Anyway, we had already been knocked out of the League Cup at Northampton where Worthy tried Jarvis and Henderson but they couldn''t hit a barn door between them. Something had to happen and Huckerby, Crouch and Harper did.

The three signings at Christmas were McKenzie, Svensson and the permanent signing of Huckerby.

Now I wouldn''t be concerned if there were no signings between now and January but would like to see Whaley replaced if there''s no chance of him settling here.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re right.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re......

What is your interest here?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re right.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re......

[/quote]

It''s late.

I''m tired.

A nice sleep. That''s my interest.

[|-)]

OTBC......................zzzzzzzzzz.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Longy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re right.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m sure you''re......

[/quote]

It''s late.

I''m tired.

A nice sleep. That''s my interest.

[|-)]

OTBC......................zzzzzzzzzz.

[/quote]

Yay, hibernation. Set your alarm for the start of Spring.

To borrow your own phrasing, Bly, your "slip" didn''t so much "show" on this thread as get hoisted up a 7 metre radio mast on a North Sea drilling platform.[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Set your alarm for the start of Spring.

[/quote]I recommend a solar powered clock in a suitcase.