Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wanderer

A nice problem for Paul at Leeds

I am really impressed with Paul Lambert for sticking with a winning side and keeping people in the team who have come in and performed.

So the Leeds game

1. Who to play in goal ?

2. Who to play Right Back.

I believe the rest of the team will pick itself.

Any thoughts

I think he''ll stick with Forster in goal. He''s a little bit more experienced than Rudd and he''s just gone and kept 2 clean sheets away from home.

You''d expect Semmy to come in at right back but I''m sure the manager will pick whoever he feels is best for the job.

Lambert seems keen on rewarding those in possession of the shirt if they''ve done well.  I think that this is important as players know that they will always get treated fairly whoever they are and reputation won''t count for anything.  Because of this I expect him to stick with Forster, who made some good saves yesterday and has kept consecutive clean sheets.  Thought Francomb has a little way to go to be up to a regular spot and could get exposed against a better team than Carlisle.  I expect Lambert to put Semi back in if fit or to play Smith back there for the full game.

Hopefully Hughes will be fit to play against Leeds and if so I can see him slotting into midfield if Smith goes to full back.  I suspect Lambert might also change formation against Leeds with Holt up front and Hoolahoop playing behind him with Martin on the right.

1. He will stick with Forster i think, though im not fussed which way he goes on this.2. Got to be Semmy if fit, Francombe is just inexperienced/raw at the moment for me.

shame spillane is out really. otsemobor has ability but is lazy. He has experience though so will hopefully rise to the challenge if he''s back fit.

You can''t take Forster out of goal for keeping two clean sheets in a row.

Got to be semi to.

[quote user="missing in action"]rather see korey in midfield so semi to replace the injured spillane.
and it will be rudd back in goal i think.
[/quote]

i''d rather not see Semmy again at all. It''s not a coincidence the defence looks stronger without him.

I reckon put Korey at right back and Hughes in centre mid.

I prefer Rudd to Forster but you can''t drop a keeper after 2 clean sheets.

Just checked the Leeds squad for the last 3 games and starting in all those games is a number 22 by the name of Hughes  [:D]So Leeds start with 10 men from the off.  

It''s possible that PL may go for a five man midfield, including Hooly, and play just one striker, firstly because it''s an away game, and secondly because a draw would be a good point and a defeat would stop the momentum.In goal I expect Forster, after two clean sheets away. At right back it will be Semi or Smith. with Hughes to replace Smith in the midfield.As we do not play until Monday, it gives Semi an extra two days to recover and train, so he could be fit, and play.

It would be harsh to drop Forster, and I don''t think Lambert will. However, given the status of the opposition I suspect he may go for Semmy''s greater experience if he can prove his fitness, which would be no reflection on Francomb, who is clearly a great prospect. However pragmatism and ruthlessness are the mark of a good manager.

Goalkeeper: Why not give Theo another chance? (that was ironic).

I would go for Smith as right back, and Hughes together with Russell in central midfield.