Sign in to follow this  
SS

Delia's Plane?

Just read the article about Drury. Delia Smith has a plane?! All sounds very Robert Chase like....

[quote user="First Wizard"]Jeez! sell it and give Lambo the money in January for new players.[/quote]I''m sorry, is Delia not allowed a private plane then?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Jeez! sell it and give Lambo the money in January for new players.[/quote]

I''m sorry, is Delia not allowed a private plane then?
[/quote]

If I was a high profile millionnaire businesswoman who travelled a lot I''d certainly be looking to at least get ready access to one at short notice.

Truth is she probably doesn''t own the thing anyway and in her position why the hell would she want to be driven over 600 miles instead of enjoying the trappings of her success ?

Some people on here would rather she thumbed a lift there. Jeez!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Every single penny she has should be put into the club, she is allowed no life outside the club and must live in a run down flat so more money is available to Lambert[/quote]Totally agree [;)]

i`ve got nothing against her enjoying her wealth but surely the money should be found for the team to fly up their as well ?  50 minutes on a plane compared to a 5 hour coach journey, it must be more beneficial ?  [:D]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Every single penny she has should be put into the club, she is allowed no life outside the club and must live in a run down flat so more money is available to Lambert[/quote]

Just like every single season ticket holser and message board poster does of course!!

"i`ve got nothing against her enjoying her wealth but surely the money should be found for the team to fly up their as well ?  50 minutes on a plane compared to a 5 hour coach journey, it must be more beneficial ?"

25 to 30 people crammed into a 4 man cessena is not going to get very far... or do you think she owns some 767 boeing or something?

lol i didn`t mean it had to be in her plane... but  surely they could have got them all there and back for a few grand ..they could have used theos fine to pay for it   [:D]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"i`ve got nothing against her enjoying her wealth but surely the money should be found for the team to fly up their as well ?  50 minutes on a plane compared to a 5 hour coach journey, it must be more beneficial ?" [/quote]

Didn''t seem to make much difference on Saturday as they won anyway.

There was all that bally-hoo last season when they did fly to the match at Blackpool, lost, and in doing so managed to put on one of their worst displays of the year.

I expect the most pleased  this weekend was Adam Drury. After spending Friday wearing a hole in the Maternity Dept carpet pacing up and down he gets whisked to Carlisle by air in the morning, collects a win bonus in the afternoon and then probably saves himself a fortune in the card school on the coach back to East Anglia in the evening.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I expect the on-board food to be better than that served by BA.[/quote]

Surely BA was so afraid of flying that he would never have been able to serve food to any sort of standard [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I expect the on-board food to be better than that served by BA.[/quote]

Surely BA was so afraid of flying that he would never have been able to serve food to any sort of standard [;)]

[/quote]

FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]Ah piteh the foo'' that makes that joke.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Ok then. Quantas. (Sorry, who is BA?)[/quote]

Mr T [:)]

[/quote]Is that the one who argues with Mr Carrow?[:^)]

Hasn''t she like given nearly all her money to the club anyway?

thats why she did another book, to get more money.....she may still be a millionaire, but most of her wealth will be in the club.....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Or it''s a plane that she was chartered on...[/quote]Was going to say the same thing Pete - people assume because she is on a plane it is hers, Norwich has small aircraft available for private charter, I somehow doubt that it was just her Drury and MWJ that came as well.

[quote user="Monkey Boy"]I know she''s no oil painting but...........[/quote]Had to think about it for a few seconds, but good one! [Y]

As a couple of the more sensible members have said, Norwich Airport is home to an "air taxi" or two. The Directors probably pre-book this for the whole season possibly negotiating some type of deal on it?