Sign in to follow this  
Ole

Very good striker available...

Norwegian striker Tarik Elyonussi could be a very good signing. He wants to leave Feyenoord where he only plays for their reserve team.Link in Norwegian: http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/ligaer/nederland//artikkel.php?artid=573502Before he left his Norwegian club (Fredrikstad), he was a regular in Norway''s international squad. Top player, quick, scores a lot. And he needs to rebuild his confidence, and League One would suit him.May be we don''t need strikers at the moment, but what if Holt or Martin gets injured?I don''t think we can afford him, but a loan would be perfect....

He''s probably worth more than we can afford (i.e. more than £1 million).But a loan would suit both him and his club perfectly, as his value can increase if he plays good.He will for sure not move back to Norway now, as the season there will finish very soon. That is why I think a loan move to a lower division in England would be perfect for this player. I''m sure we can afford his wages for say 3 months, and it would be a good investment. I think he would be a very good partner to Holt up front.He''s not attractive for any Premier League club, so why not give it a go in a promotion chasing League One club?

Because continental players need time to learn the English game. Time we don''t have. I''m sorry, but our foreign fans need to realise the way forward is not by looking for talent abroad but keeping our sights very much in the UK.

Please define continental player to me, "TheGoogler". Tarik Elyonussi is not a Strihavka or Maric. This is a Cody McDonald WITH muscles, skills, timing and pace - who can score goals...If you ask me, a perfect match to Grant Holt (or Dublin/Roberts/Svensson).

"Because continental players need time to learn the English game. "

Don''t mix the broad "English game" with the specific "Premiership".

Player i would take a look at (prob wont be popular) Owen Garvan down at Ipswich , was said to have a very bright future ahead of him , captained his countries U21 at the weekend and frozen out by Keane who he says isnt even speaking to him .Turned down a loan move to Colchester but would our bigger club be tempting for him , look at  Huddersfield they snapped up Jordan Rhodes because Keane didnt rate him and hes turning out to be the signing of the season.

Seen him play alot, always looked at him on games aswell.. But he really is out of our reach... Firstly, he wants to get into first team football for Feyenoord so will probably want to stay in Holland to get used to the lifestyle.. I can''t see Lambert even looking in that direction, as he said, he wants players on loan will sign in January... See this guy signing in january do we???

[url]http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/05/27/tottenham-want-former-chelsea-target-tarik-elyounoussi-115875-20430936[/url]I know that''s over a year old, but it shows how highly he is thought of.And what''s all this about Feyenoord? My digging around has found that he has never played for them. He plays for Heerenveen.

and just another quick note, I was just replying to what the post was about thats why I said Feyenoord... Then I realised he plays for Heerenveen :) Sorry guys... and when you start a thread, do your research :)

Sorry, my fault, he plays for Heerenveen, not Feyenoord. It doesn''t really matter, they are both Dutch aren''t they? My main point is still the same, a good striker who wants to play first team football could be available on loan.Don''t agree that we need a central defender more than a striker. We already have Askou (who also is a Scandinavian player, and did he need time to learn "the English game"?), Doc, Nelson and Spillane, while other than Holt and Martin we don''t have many options up front. I think we need a goalkeeper and another striker to finish top 6. Somehow we got Crouch and Huckerby on loan some years ago. Based on that it must be possible to hope for loans like this.

sounds very good tand like all things in this life, you never know until you try.the point about learning the english game is a valid one if we are looking at say Spanish, French or Italian players yet Scandinavians play a very similar physical style to ourselves. You only have to look at how many Scandinavians have played for English clubs over the yuears to realise this.  Of course there are always players that dont quite fit for various reasons.  Language is never really a problem as most Scandinavians i know speak better English than ourselves!Have not seen anything of this guy, but if he is like Matty Svensson or Alback then he would tear this division to pieces.  Heerenveen are not exatly a giant club themselves so why not have a go? Loan till we go up then permanent in Championship. If he likes the set up at Norwich it would be the perfect place to put himself in the shop window for Premiersdhip sides and that is probab;y his main target for his career.See how good he looks and lets get a local businessman or two to pay his wages ;)

why...? if we could bring in a striker for a season on loan who can score goals and help us gain promotion surely thats a good thing . not all continental players need time to adapt .it depend how good they are , we are in the third tier of english football .some continental players would find that division a walk in the park.