Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

OT Google ads

Can anybody let me know how to get the Google ads off my message page. I get to the bottom of the discussion then I can''t read the bottom comment.

Anybody else suffer this? if so can this be removed?

Thnak in advance

Yes you are not alone, many people have the problem. There is not a cure, unless archant get on top of it.

Though, I think someone said downloading Firefox helps...correct me if wrong?

Sometimes they block the "post button" and pressing F5 will lose the post you have just typed[:@]

But it will no longer be a concern if we keep winning because this message board is a ghost town compared to the losing weekends. I''m sure the advertisers will then move to TWTD[:O] Maybe that''s where all the posters have gone too[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Sometimes they block the "post button" and pressing F5 will lose the post you have just typed[:@]

But it will no longer be a concern if we keep winning because this message board is a ghost town compared to the losing weekends. I''m sure the advertisers will then move to TWTD[:O] Maybe that''s where all the posters have gone too[;)]

[/quote]

I guess a few swear words are uttered when that happens!! When you are just reading F5 it[Y]

"Am back in work next week. Will deal with it."

No offense meant Pete - but this problem, along with many others (such as the quote issue that totally reformats the forum, hiding other posts, the HTML escape characters in non-IE browsers) have been around for a long time. We''ve been waiting months for fixes. Why has there been a delay, when some of those fixes would likely take minutes rather than months?

There was a thread about this last week and someone came up with the solution.  Press the Compatibility button on the address bar which looks like a torn piece of paper. Sorted it out for me.  You just have to do it each time you go to the messageboard.

"Press the Compatibility button on the address bar which looks like a torn piece of paper. "

I use Chrome or Firefox. I don''t have the "ads" issue, but I get the HTML escape character issue - and we all get the non-closing quotes issue, as that is a server-side bug.