Sign in to follow this  
Essexiled Canary

point gained or point dropped??

I know it was good to hang on for so long with 10 men, were away and were under pressure for the last periods of the game as expected, however from the sounds of it we could have come away with more than the point!!

Do you think we are intent on making things difficult for ourselves or is it just huge amounts of bad luck??

With only 10 men away from home and the rain peeing it down, I''d say point gained. BUT... it looked a very harsh penalty for them and we looked dangerous in the 1st half. I think there could have been more goals in it for us if we hadn''t retreated to our own half in the 2nd. But still, point gained.

id say point gained as i wasnt expecting any points. Portsmouth have been on very good form whereass we have been plagued with injuries. Managing a point with 10 men has made me very happy. I am lookin forward to watching MOTD tonight, knowing we are not in the relegation zone

from an analytical point of view its actually neither. To survive you have to get a point from away from teams that will finish outside the top 6, but above the bottom 6, which it looks like portsmouth will, so to put a positive spin on it, its mission accomplished!

PS, anything on Monday will be a definite bonus!

Having beaten Bolton, '' bossed'' Portsmouth twice, Matched Tottenham, Man City and Newcastle away we''ve proved that on our day we can compete with at least half this division. We knew the big three would be out of our league so no surprises there. Every point we''ve gained this term has been earned and we''ve worked bloody hard for a few that haven''t come our way, (yesterday Tottenham away Porstmouth, Everton, West Brom away even Man u at Old Trafford could have gone our way)

Don''t be despondant, we''re the only ones down there showing character, fight and all the qualities to get out of this scrap. The refereeing may hinder us in the weeks to come, (is there an agenda?) but based on the efforts so far and the obstacles we''ve had to contend with relegation would be a huge injustice.

Based on our injury list we''d have taken a point before the game and at this end of the table every point is a point gained....bring on the scousers, lets give ''em hell!!!!