Sign in to follow this  
FlapJack

Owain Tudur Jones

Hi there, Swansea City fan here

Just wondering what has happened to OTJ? I haven''t seen him in your teams for a few weeks, he can''t be injured again surely, or has he just been dropped??

Best of luck for the rest of te season as you were my tip for the title at the start of he season.

STID!!

He was outstanding when he first joined us but then he had a nasty injury at Swindon,l was out for an age and was never the same player again.

[quote user="FlapJack"]He was outstanding when he first joined us but then he had a nasty injury at Swindon,l was out for an age and was never the same player again.[/quote]superb winningg the ball, does fack all wth it though. and injures himself after each tackle, vicious circle really.

[quote user="FlapJack"]Just goes to show how bad Wales are when OTJ is an international footballer[/quote]you said yourself he was capable of being outstanding. he has good qualities, doubt we will ever see them though.

Based on current form I should think even if fit he''d only be fourth choice, maybe even fifth with Smith, Russel, Hughes and possibly Adyemi in front of him...

to be fair to him he has been injured and before that when he played the whole team was poor so its not really fair to write him off yet as he not had chance to establish himself or play in a team playing well so cant really say yet

"Yes i did, but there is a difference between an excellent league 1 player and an international footballer"

For most international countries, that is true but for the opposite reason you mean.

The criticism of Owain Tudur Jones is unfair if you ask me. He did the ugly things very well - retaining possession, winning possession and holding up the ball. His height and strength made him a useful player in set pieces as well. However, with Korey Smith playing so well, I think he''ll find it hard to regain his place.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]The criticism of Owain Tudur Jones is unfair if you ask me. He did the ugly things very well - retaining possession, winning possession and holding up the ball. His height and strength made him a useful player in set pieces as well. However, with Korey Smith playing so well, I think he''ll find it hard to regain his place.[/quote]

True.  He wasn`t our worst player earlier in the season by a long shot.  Just looked a bit raw and not particularly strong for someone of his stature, but his general game looked quite promising i thought.  Just needs to put some muscle on that big frame and work on consistancy like most youngsters.