Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Just how important is the JPT?

Important isn''t exactly the right word but I think we should take it seriously because:

i)  if we despise it we despise the lower leagues, but we''re in this league because we deserve to be and should just get on with it

ii) it promotes a winning mentality - we should want to win every game

iii) as a ''big club'' in this division we have a responsibility to raise the profile of the competition by taking it seriously   

iv) only three more games before Wembley, not enough to impact on our league campaign

iii) the carrot of a final at Wembley and a piece of silverware - if we got there would any of you not bother to go?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Important isn''t exactly the right word but I think we should take it seriously because:

i)  if we despise it we despise the lower leagues, but we''re in this league because we deserve to be and should just get on with it

iii) as a ''big club'' in this division we have a responsibility to raise the profile of the competition by taking it seriously   

iv) only three more games before Wembley, not enough to impact on our league campaign

iii) the carrot of a final at Wembley and a piece of silverware - if we got there would any of you not bother to go?

[/quote]

Couldn''t have put it any better, absolutely spot on sir!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]Seconded. (or madam?)

[/quote]

[/quote]Totally agree, before reading AC''s post, I was thinking ''important'' isn''t quite the correct word.  ''How serious is the competition taken''.  Is imo a better question.  I would wager, that if any two teams get to the final,  they have queues a mile long trying to get tickets.The Blog wasn''t a bad read btw[:D]

[/quote]

Some''d have to go in disguise though Cherub.[H] Especially the ones who were embarrassed to be in it[:$]

Still.... painted faces and wigs might do the trick[;)]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

Seconded. (or madam?)

[/quote]

Yes, for the benefit of newcomers to this forum ron is, erm, ''anatomically correct'' [;)]

[/quote]

Seconded. (or madam?)

[/quote]

Yes, for the benefit of newcomers to this forum ron is, erm, ''anatomically correct'' [;)]

[/quote]

As I typed it I was wondering whether or not to cover all bases but took the risk haha. Apologies if any offence has been caused [:)]

[/quote]

Seconded. (or madam?)

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I typed it I was wondering whether or not to cover all bases but took the risk haha. Apologies if any offence has been caused [:)]

[/quote]

Not at all AC

[quote user="First Wizard"]With me it rates a zero, but with Lambert?..................................[/quote]

. . . here''s another reason for taking it seriously folks [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]With me it rates a zero, but with Lambert?..................................[/quote]

. . . here''s another reason for taking it seriously folks [:D]

[/quote]Wiz thinks we can win it!!!!

It''s important to me because it''s the only games I can realistically take my kids to this season - gutted at the away fixtures!

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Dogger in play-offs"]Do we get a prize fund for winning it?[/quote]

Three tins of emulsion in your club colours and two brushes of your choice! [Y]
[/quote]

[:D]

I''m massively in favour of us trying to win the Paint Pot. Obviously we won the Championship in 03/04 but before that we haven''t won anything since 1985, thats 24 years of not winning anything! Just think what a great day it would be going to Wembley withour beloved club!

JPT = more competitive games to enrich my boring life.

ALSO: I presume the final will be televised.

Surely that will be worth looking forward to, should we get that far.

I cannot see all the doubters turning their backs on a final which has us there.

A cup competition for the lower leagues is something to be praised. Some clubs need all the revenue they can get. Regionalisation recognises this.

"I presume the final will be televised. Surely that will be worth looking forward to, should we get that far."

Why would you care? Surely you''d want to be going...? (he says thinking that maybe he should''ve checked your location first...)

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

A cup competition for the lower leagues is something to be praised. Some clubs need all the revenue they can get. Regionalisation recognises this.[/quote]

Quite agree BR - and if our finances really are as "dire" as the Chief Exec has indicated, we need the revenue as much as anyone else.

[/quote]What She said.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I say:

GO FOR THE DOUBLE CITY!!!!

Paint and coke.

Good for the soul.

OTBC

[/quote]It''ll make relegation almost worth while [;)]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I presume the final will be televised. Surely that will be worth looking forward to, should we get that far."

Why would you care? Surely you''d want to be going...? (he says thinking that maybe he should''ve checked your location first...)[/quote]

Or: my availabity on the day. We are not just talking about two hours of television. Some people are unable to commit a whole day to a football match.

It was important to my second team Luton last year because they knew they were going out of the League - important to the club & fans alike for revenue and something for a Wembley record number of supporters top cheer about.If we reach the Final this season I doubt we will beat that Luton record of 40,000 plus visiting fans.