Sign in to follow this  
GazThai

Hall of Fame

Been looking on the official website where they are asking for votes for the Hall Of Fame.  Is it me but surely some of the names on the list are way off a Hall Of Fame.  I started following NCFC late 80s so can only judge players from then onward but Ashley Ward, Keith O''Neill, Matt Jackson, Lee Croft and the Doc, Are they really Hall Of Famers??

That''s why you get to vote who your H of F member should be - agree the names you mention would not get my vote

Know what you mean, Darren Kenton in there as well. Our Hall of Fame is pointless. And to think they want 10 more inducted.

Hall of Fame is turning into a joke now.  No offence to Drury but before this season he failed to make 20 league appearances in two season, and if I remember when he did there was a number of fans who said he was rubbish.

[quote user="Slow Down"]Hall of Fame is turning into a joke now.  No offence to Drury but before this season he failed to make 20 league appearances in two season, and if I remember when he did there was a number of fans who said he was rubbish.
[/quote]

But is also three games shy of 300 for the club, has won the Barry Butler trophy and was captain in our title-winning season...

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Lol?? the doc and croft :S[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, I guess I can understand why Drury may get a mention because of how long he has been as the club, but for some reason the word "legend" just doesn''t seem appropriate when used with Drury, I have tried my best to love Drury over the years but I just can''t seem to hail him as a Norwich City "great" as I could with the likes of Iwan Roberts.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Slow Down"]Hall of Fame is turning into a joke now.  No offence to Drury but before this season he failed to make 20 league appearances in two season, and if I remember when he did there was a number of fans who said he was rubbish.[/quote]

But is also three games shy of 300 for the club, has won the Barry Butler trophy and was captain in our title-winning season...

[/quote]If that''s the case shove Doherty, Shackell, Greg Downs, Spenser Prior, Matt Jackson, Big Fat Joe Royle, John Ryan  & Kevin Bond.

Agree with drury But MULRYNE???? and ASHTON??? and DOHERTY???? These will never be legends in NCFC''s history!!

Doherty and Drury have won the Barry Butler which surely is far more prestigious than the Hall of Fame. In fact the Barry Butler winners list is surely a Hall of Fame on it''s own. Players voted for by the fans who saw them.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Doherty and Drury have won the Barry Butler which surely is far more prestigious than the Hall of Fame. In fact the Barry Butler winners list is surely a Hall of Fame on it''s own. Players voted for by the fans who saw them.

[/quote]Therefore every winner should be automatically added to the list then,  there''s three or four players who have won and not been added.

There is too many people in the Hall of fame to start off with, they should have started with about 20 and then inducted 2 or 3 people a year. We have got to the point not where these players aren''t even in legends in their own houshold.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Therefore every winner should be automatically added to the list then,  there''s three or four players who have won and not been added.
[/quote]

Why should they?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Therefore every winner should be automatically added to the list then,  there''s three or four players who have won and not been added.[/quote]

Why should they?

[/quote]

That was one of the reasons Pete gave for Drury going in the Hall of Fame.  Personally speaking like I said above, it''s all getting silly,  some players get the nod by being flavour of the month.  Others, if they''re seen as ''donkeys'' do not, and a few from yesteryear who are IMO better than the current 3rd flight players are completely over looked.

We didn''t even have a Hall of Fame until 2002. It was a gimmick for the centenary celebrations and should be left there. Although not perfect, the Barry Butler is a much more accurate reflection of how fans rated players over the last 40 years. If there are records of those who came second and third it would be even better.

The Hall of Fame includes players like Darren Kenton and Daryl Sutch and yet probably less than a dozen names from the first 50 years the club existed. I have already spent far too long typing about it..........................

[|-)]

Drury would get my vote because of his lenght of service and captaining the league winning side.  Dion worth a shout for his commitment and professionalism when all others around him lost theres

[quote user="smudger"]I reckon fans shouldbe included in the hall of fame and Phil Keenan should be first in[/quote]Phil Keenan''s bus trips are the best[;)]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Slow Down"]Hall of Fame is turning into a joke now.  No offence to Drury but before this season he failed to make 20 league appearances in two season, and if I remember when he did there was a number of fans who said he was rubbish.
[/quote]

[/quote]

and he is also probably one of the best left backs the club has had!