Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Crook on Culverhouse; and winning.

Said Crook:

“Ian has been huge. He''s smart, he sees the game, he works hard on a lot of things. You can''t over-state the influence he''s had on it all.”

and

“Winning''s a funny thing. I''ve said all the way along that an average player with a lot of confidence is better than a good player with no confidence. There is a lot of confidence around the place that results have brought on and it makes it easier for everyone.

Interesting observations, eh?

OTBC

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Interesting Bly, very interesting.[H][/quote]

Is this @rselicking Lapp, or irony ? [:P]

[/quote]Whadya reckon Wazzy? [:^)][;)]

can i be the first to state that this is NOT interesting or worthy of a thread. and i know im replying to it but im only replying to note its uniterest to me and cause im bord!

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

Oh no.

I just read your post.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You''re getting the shade of yellow wrong - but otherwise you''re coming along.[:)]

By the way, I was hoping that Villa would be challenging the top 4 this season - but it looks like I''ll have to put my faith in Spurs and Man city. Pity.[:(]

OTBC

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Interesting Bly, very interesting.[H][/quote]

Is this @rselicking Lapp, or irony ? [:P]

[/quote]

Neither.

But I don''t have the time at the moment to explain to Wazzocks.

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Said Crook:

“Ian has been huge. He''s smart, he sees the game, he works hard on a lot of things. You can''t over-state the influence he''s had on it all.”

and

“Winning''s a funny thing. I''ve said all the way along that an average player with a lot of confidence is better than a good player with no confidence. There is a lot of confidence around the place that results have brought on and it makes it easier for everyone.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s really quite a pity that the posts so far on this thread - except for Lapp''s - are heading down the flippant route as I believe that the two observations by Ian Crook have started to flesh out the the story of this season to date.

When I read stuff like this it''s an important indicator to me that things are looking up.

Yep. I like it. Now to see if we can get through the season without being derailed.

One love. 

OTBC

8 posts on this thread, 4 of them yours, the others commenting on the vacuity of the original post.You can''t even understand lappinitup''s comments.You really do live on your own little planet.

If I might reply to the original post and point BBB was making?

Yes, seems Culverhouse has had a very big impact and influence. Makes me think of that which John Deehan had, under Mike Walker-neither functioned as well without the other, as has been shown. Lambert clearly values and appreciates Culverhouse''s coaching ability, but Crook''s should not be dismissed too lightly either.

Clever statements as well-suggesting, rightly, that there was little or no confidence about the place last season, despite, theoretically, there being better players there, and now, so-called "lesser" players are performing well because they have that and the good coaching behind them-as is often quoted by our players (and what a joy, all but one are "ours"!), everyone knows what their job/role is and how to do it. Makes a difference.

We''re a better team. Its a shame we haven''t still got Sammy C as I think we would have been even better if he was still here. But have we missed Croft or Marshall? Not a bit. And are players like Doc and Russell performing better and with more discipline? Probably.

Lambert and Culverhouse are making big strides forward here. And Chippy can perhaps worry less about what the Manager is trying to do (as he might have been doing under Gunn!) and focus more on his coaching role. One swallow doesn''t make a summer, there is a long way to go, and there will be bad days, bad results, and inquests a plenty, before May still. But those positive signs are there.

Really wouldn`t surprise me if Culverhouse were a top coach.  One of our most underrated players ever and very sharp imo.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Said Crook:

and

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s really quite a pity that the posts so far on this thread - except for Lapp''s - are heading down the flippant route as I believe that the two observations by Ian Crook have started to flesh out the the story of this season to date.

When I read stuff like this it''s an important indicator to me that things are looking up.

Yep. I like it. Now to see if we can get through the season without being derailed.

One love. 

OTBC

[/quote]

Well the answer''s quite simple - explain yourself dear boy, explain yourself [:)] If you don''t explain what you mean, how the hell is anyone just supposed to guess what you''re thinking? [:D]

I know that you wouldn''t be as cryptic or enigmatic then but I reckon you''d get fewer facetious replies [;)]  

I don''t think many of these lads would have been given the chance to show what they are capable of if we were still playing at higher level. Quite honestly I think a lot of British footballers are flung on the scrap heap merely because so many clubs seem to have adopted the attitude that foreign "talent" is best. It''s a sure bet that young players need to be pushed on and used in the first team in order to maintain progress in their careers. Would Roeder have blooded so many young boys? I very much doubt it.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

I would...

..I think..

...looks like...

...ah, can''t be bothered anymore.

[/quote]

You forgot ''One love'' and ''OTBC'' [;)]