Sign in to follow this  
Sit Down, Shut Up!

New Scoreboard

Who else thinks its time to update our old, out of date scoreboard if we go up?
Have you seen Arsenals looks really good with team sheets on. I don''t know how much it will cost but im sure the one we got at the moment cost us about 100 quid.
It would also be good to have a big screen showing replays like at millenium stadium, ok i might be going over the top now.

Hmm an interestin one here. i too agree that our scoreboard''s do look a bit basic, to say the least! A fancy big screen which showed replays would be nice. But at the same time it could be seen as a waste of money. At the end of the day, the scoreboards do their job at the moment: They tell us the score and time. Maybe we should just leave it at that

What would you rather have, a better quality of player or a very expensive scoreboard. Unless city are going to swap easton for a big screen scoreboard, i say the old ones fine. (Well you might be able to swap easton for the remote control). If we do go up i would rather see the money spent on the pitch. if we stay up then you can think about a fancy scoreboard.

Anyone else miss the 3 little men jumping up and down when we scored on the old scoreboard before the new barclay?

There seem to be a lot of "lets buy batistuta", "lets get a tv replay scoreboard", type posts.

I say, lets actually get promoted first - please?

No new scoreboard will ever be as good as the old one that used to be in the South Stand Riverend corner. 2 men actually lived inside that during the week and popped out at half time on a Saturday to put the scores up under the letters A - Z. "You try telling the youngsters today that and they wont believe you."

Couldn''t we get a Premiership-style scoreboard in on a 3 month loan deal, with an agreement that we will buy it in the summer if/when we go up to the Premiership?
There must be some top quality scoreboards knocking about in the reserves of the Premiership teams..?

Unlikely as Prem reserves tend to play at other teams grounds e.g. Tottenham at Stev Boro, Man U at Bury. Stevenage have they got a scoreboard.

What a facile argument who cares about the scoreboard, its window dressing, we need new pitch evidently.

Not sure about the scoreboard at Stevenage as I haven''t been inside the place since my cousin stopped playing for them. Although I do train at Stevenage Boro Academy with my Sunday Team.
Not helping much am I?

Anyway if the scoreboard tells the score whats the problem. Lets get promoted and then spend our cash, in order of importance 1) the pitch, 2) my season ticket, 3) Sutton and 4) the scoreboard.

I know we can talk in jest and rights to opinions and things but........ Why don''t you all watch the game, sing your hearts out and get behind the team? The bars have tellys that show the highlights at 1/2 time. Can''t believe that we have just lost £4.6million. The club have invested in 3 quality players and an £8million stand but yet we are still want them to spend more.

The money for my shares is for players not the ground, those screens are rubbish anyway. We have people begging for tickets to home games yet some want to take up valuable spectator space with a big telly!!!! If you want to watch the game on telly stay at home!

I agree the old scoreboard was superb just due to its naffness..... except if you stood in the barclay when you couldn''t see it, as for the new ones, they blend into the ground nicely and I wouldn''t know if they have little men or anything as when Norwich score, like most norwich fans, I go a bit balistic and the only thing I want the score board to do is show that Norwich are beating their opponents..... or Man Utd 1 Scum 0!!!

It would be nice to have a big screen score board but thats if we really have a lot of spare money going. Wolves have got one (not sure when they put it up) but it could be instead of a corner stand infill.

When we can afford a better scoreboard, at least we know where it can go - in that Barclay /South Stand corner..

[quote user="Canaries Rule"]Who else thinks its time to update our old, out of date scoreboard if we go up?
Have you seen Arsenals looks really good with team sheets on. I don''t know how much it will cost but im sure the one we got at the moment cost us about 100 quid.
It would also be good to have a big screen showing replays like at millenium stadium, ok i might be going over the top now.[/quote]

*Bump*

Your wish has finally come true [;)]

how much did the 2 scoreboards cost out of interest....

"off the field Activities".... money that could of gone towards a player...

jas :)

[quote user="Sit Down Shut Up"]can we trade in our new scoreboard for a new player? [/quote]Never mind that! Can we trade in Gary Doherty for a ''Jumbotron'' megascreen once we get Taylor?

[quote user="Cantley"]When we can afford a better scoreboard, at least we know where it can go - in that Barclay /South Stand corner..[/quote]

Yes if we had one the best place would be right in front of the back view of that hotel, cover it up as much as possible.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Sit Down Shut Up"]can we trade in our new scoreboard for a new player?
[/quote]
Never mind that! Can we trade in Gary Doherty for a ''Jumbotron'' megascreen once we get Taylor?
[/quote]

why? what an obsurd comment from you

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Well they could show the following message:

''This scoreboard was funded by Joe Lewis.''

[/quote]

I thought Yellows was funded by Lewis?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

[quote user="Beaker"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Sit Down Shut Up"]can we trade in our new scoreboard for a new player? [/quote]Never mind that! Can we trade in Gary Doherty for a ''Jumbotron'' megascreen once we get Taylor?[/quote]

why? what an obsurd comment from you

[/quote]Have you seen those Jumbotron screens? They''re fantastic...

[quote user="BBFF"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Well they could show the following message:

''This scoreboard was funded by Joe Lewis.''

[/quote]

I thought Yellows was funded by Lewis?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

[/quote]

Possibly both, as there was £247k.''s worth of Capital Commitments mentioned in the NCFC Accounts to the 31st May 2007.

You can get a 32" LCD TV these days for around £500. Get 10 of those, stick em up in a line and Bob''s your uncle- a nice new scoreboard and we could watch 10 channels of Sky rubbish simultaneously at half time all for 5 grand. We couldn''t even get Peter Thorne back for that sort of money...........

Honestly, the youth of today - why can''t you keep the score on your fingers ?  It''s not like it''s rugby or anything is it ?  How difficult is it to remember 1-1 or 0-0 !?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Honestly, the youth of today - why can''t you keep the score on your fingers ?  It''s not like it''s rugby or anything is it ?  How difficult is it to remember 1-1 or 0-0 !?
[/quote]It''s when the score gets to TWO blah. Then they''re in trouble!!    [;)]

For me its not so much the score as the time played the this is recorded as minutes until ninety minutes then reverts back to a clock. I wrote to the club asking if the time played couldn''t go past the ninety minutes to reflect the time added on by the officials but was told this wouldn''t happen and would put the referee under too much pressure. It happens on TV ninety + minutes but not here. 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Honestly, the youth of today - why can''t you keep the score on your fingers ?  It''s not like it''s rugby or anything is it ?  How difficult is it to remember 1-1 or 0-0 !?
[/quote]It''s when the score gets to TWO blah. Then they''re in trouble!!    [;)][/quote]

At least when we beat Ipswich 6-5 at Portman Road their supporters will still be able to keep count..

I don''t begrudge the money they spent on it (though against Bury, the scoreboard display was used to indicate the match being sponsored by some bloke who claimed to be "Norfolk''s premier chubby chaser..."? - anyone?).