Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

Leeds aren't that good

Based on watching the Colchester v Leeds game I would say they are a good competent side but nowhere near as special as the hype would have it.  I haven''t seen Bristol Rovers play but I have seen via U''s Player Charlton, Southampton and Huddersfield and none of them frighten me at all.

I am sure Leeds will give you a good game but if you play well there is absolutely no reason why you cannot get a point or all three.  Beckford is dangerous because he is brilliant at picking up on defensive mistakes but in the Colchester game created very little on his own.

They had the first 20 minutes, scored from a free kick which wasn''t (baffled the Leeds players as well as they were all lining up for a corner), U''s then more than matched them, equalised, and lost the game on a defensive error.  Last 20 minutes was all U''s - Leeds were not in the game.

It was a very hard physical game and they were far better at dishing it out  than getting it back (which they did).  Becchio played in our game which we lost 2-1, did a couple of decent passes but wasn''t individually much of a threat.  There''s no chance he will play against you - he''s got knee ligament damage and is likely to be out for a while.

I fear it is one of those games that may be won or lost by the match officials.  I thought we were worth a point on the day but there isn''t anything awesome there.  Prepare for crunching tackles, however. (Based on the Colchester game).

Neither are we Bristol just incase you had forgotten (that''s why we are in this awful league in the first place).

Should be a good game then fingers crossed??? [:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Based on watching the Colchester v Leeds game I would say they are a good competent side but nowhere near as special as the hype would have it.  I haven''t seen Bristol Rovers play but I have seen via U''s Player Charlton, Southampton and Huddersfield and none of them frighten me at all.

I am sure Leeds will give you a good game but if you play well there is absolutely no reason why you cannot get a point or all three.  Beckford is dangerous because he is brilliant at picking up on defensive mistakes but in the Colchester game created very little on his own.

They had the first 20 minutes, scored from a free kick which wasn''t (baffled the Leeds players as well as they were all lining up for a corner), U''s then more than matched them, equalised, and lost the game on a defensive error.  Last 20 minutes was all U''s - Leeds were not in the game.

It was a very hard physical game and they were far better at dishing it out  than getting it back (which they did).  Becchio played in our game which we lost 2-1, did a couple of decent passes but wasn''t individually much of a threat.  There''s no chance he will play against you - he''s got knee ligament damage and is likely to be out for a while.

I fear it is one of those games that may be won or lost by the match officials.  I thought we were worth a point on the day but there isn''t anything awesome there.  Prepare for crunching tackles, however. (Based on the Colchester game).

[/quote]

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... is sounding like it could be MK Dons Part II???  [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Neither are we Bristol just incase you had forgotten (that''s why we are in this awful league in the first place).

[/quote]

What are you trying to say?

Leeds fans I know expecting tough game, they see it as hardest so far.

They expect us to take a good number of fans there and predict crowd up to 25,000.

It''ll be one of our toughest games of the season, but beating them is do-able. If we''re as robust at the back as we have been in recent games then the likes of Beckford will have a torrid time and hopefully this''ll give us the chance to push on.I fear that instead of seeing nice, neat, attractive football, it''ll be quite a scrappy affair with both teams cancelling each other out. But we''ll wait and see. Can''t wait for it now.