Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Leeds game couldn't have come at a better time!

Technically it should be our toughest challenge of the season... It''s not exactly a "make or break" game, but it''s an excellent benchmark.And when better to face the challenge... off the back of three straight wins (two away from home), and when we''ve just broken into the play-off places.- A win and we''re serious automatic promotion contenders.- A well-earned draw and we''re serious play-off contenders.- A defeat - especially by more than a single goal - and I''d say we''re in for a serious rollercoaster of a season.I know you can''t really judge a season by a single game... but I think mentally this is a really important one for the team (and the fans).

a defeat and its a roller coaster of a season??

OH my when man utd lose 1 game after 3 straight wins their season also goes pear shaped [;)] of course it does!

[quote user="Ark"]Technically it should be our toughest challenge of the season... It''s not exactly a "make or break" game, but it''s an excellent benchmark.And when better to face the challenge... off the back of three straight wins (two away from home), and when we''ve just broken into the play-off places.- A win and we''re serious automatic promotion contenders.- A well-earned draw and we''re serious play-off contenders.- A defeat - especially by more than a single goal - and I''d say we''re in for a serious rollercoaster of a season.I know you can''t really judge a season by a single game... but I think mentally this is a really important one for the team (and the fans).[/quote]A lot of this relies on other results and form not just this weekend but also further down the line into the season.By monday we will know what Swindon, Huddersfield and Oldham have got out of their games before Monday and we may well be out of the top 6 again by then, or alternatively we could still be in it and not have to win.Also remember we were what 12 points of auto promotion and now we are six off Charlton and 8 off Leeds. Obviously a sneaky one nil win would be nice but I would take a draw from this fixture and be happy. Why? Because most teams in this league will go up to Leeds and loose. I am not hedging my bets either way because a couple of our performances recently although ended in wins would not be good enough to beat a tougher challenge such as Leeds.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

OH my when man utd lose 1 game after 3 straight wins their season also goes pear shaped [;)] of course it does!

[/quote]

We know how consistently good Man Utd are but we don''t know how consistently good we are, Man Utd have proven they are the best in the league, we haven''t. Also Leeds have a few out injured so hopefully, if we play are best we can win. I know we can if we play are best but i don''t know if we will play are best.

If a draw was on offer now, I would snap there hands off. It''s not that I''m not ambitious, it''s because Leeds have the best squad in the league and we will do well to get a draw. God willing we get a win thou.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]I''m not talking Man U, I''m talking Norwich... Whenever we go on a good run of form, we have a habit of rubbing it all out with an atrocious loss (Man U don''t seem to have that problem). So, if we win three games, but then suffer a 3-0 defeat at Leeds or Charlton without a single shot on goal, then it suddenly seems as though we''re back at square one. A road trip to Wycombe no longer seems like three points in the bag. That''s what I mean by a "rollercoaster". But I think a win at Leeds could help to break the mental cycle... in the same way we managed with a few straight wins over the xmas period when we got promoted to the Prem. 90% of it is a mental thing.Anyway. I know, it''s just one game of football, and in terms of points across the season it means pretty much nothing... But I''m saying mentally it''s a very important one... and from that perspective it''s come at a very good time! (Plus... people always look back at the season retrospectively and talk about turning points... and if Leeds end up winning the division or getting automatic promotion, people are bound to talk about this game... even if it ends up being a false dawn.)