Sign in to follow this  
Barclay hero

Possible good news pre-Leeds?

I''m actually going to cancel the Leeds match now...

WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT? we have not had 10 threads about any other match, as we don''t even have team or score prediction threads yet, or the math thread, or the other 3 match threads, or the live text thread.

To add to your misery, it''s an old story.  The player is out with knee ligament damage and was never going to figure against you in the first place.  Likely out for weeks.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

I''m actually going to cancel the Leeds match now...

WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT? we have not had 10 threads about any other match, as we don''t even have team or score prediction threads yet, or the math thread, or the other 3 match threads, or the live text thread.

[/quote]whats 2 x 16 + 74 - 18 ? [;)]

[quote user="claud"]88, 182 or 164.[/quote]very clever [:P], although there is only one possible answer, as there is a pre-defined order in which X, / ,+ ,- should be applied in instances such as this [:D].

[quote user="claud"]88, 182 or 164.[/quote]That''s why you should always use brackets, it prevents ambiguity. It is also why you should always use punctuation in English.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="claud"]88, 182 or 164.[/quote]That''s why you should always use brackets, it prevents ambiguity. It is also why you should always use punctuation in English.

[/quote]whats ambiguous aboiut BoDMAS?

On the other hand it could be a tacticle ploy then come Monday Leeds have no selection problems at all, this is the sort of thing you would expect from them just never believe them

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="claud"]88, 182 or 164.[/quote]That''s why you should always use brackets, it prevents ambiguity. It is also why you should always use punctuation in English.

[/quote]whats ambiguous aboiut BoDMAS?[/quote]I''m afraid I''m so old I wasn''t taught BoDMAS! How do you use it with a common denominator though?

[quote user="ron obvious"]I''m afraid I''m so old* I wasn''t taught BoDMAS! How do you use it with a common denominator though?

[/quote]The common denominator - as in an expression that is written all over a denominator - is the same as that the single line: (expression)/x  and so you do it :get the stuff in the Brackets Out then Divide, Multiply, Add and finally Subtract.*Unless you grew up pre-education, you were taught to do this, but maybe not the name.