Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Watching On line games on a Normal TV.

The last time that Norwich were live on TV, against MK Dons, I was able to view it via a feed on the Internet. Is this strictly legal ? and is it possible to connect my PC to my larger screen TV in the living room without spending an absolute fortune. It would also be useful for watching BBC-i player. Any answers would have to be fairly simple as I am not as much of a Computer expert as I would like to be.

All I need to connect my laptop to TV is an HDMI cable. Depends on the ports you have on your laptop.

Most free internet streams are probably illegal. The question is whether that bothers you?

[quote user="John Morlar"]The last time that Norwich were live on TV, against MK Dons, I was able to view it via a feed on the Internet. Is this strictly legal ? and is it possible to connect my PC to my larger screen TV in the living room without spending an absolute fortune. It would also be useful for watching BBC-i player. Any answers would have to be fairly simple as I am not as much of a Computer expert as I would like to be.[/quote]Okay.1) Read the disclaimers on the feeds. Technically, you are not breaking the law as you are accessing something publically available on the internet, although the person hosting it is more than likely breaking the law.2) It depends on your computer / laptop. Some have S-Video connections you can use, as long as your tv has one to. The S-Video Cables are around £3 give or take at normal computer shops. Or, if you have a modern tv you probably have a monitor input on your telivision. Basically, look for a socket which is the same as what goes into your normal computer monitor. You can use this cable to simply connect to the tv in the same way you did with the monitor.- Oh, and if you''re doing that with a laptop, you may need to right click on your desktop, select OUTPUT TO and then select Telvision / External monitor.Hope i helped!

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="EIEIEIO up the Sideshow Tim we go"]But what''s that got to do with Leeds?[/quote]
he will nick tv to watch the leeds game on a telly as opposed to watching on small screen.
[/quote]

Then he can also post about it here on this thread http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/422401/ShowPost.aspx - perhaps a perfect example of joined up posting!