Sign in to follow this  
H4H

ITV should never be allowed to show live football

It''s so boring - 3 advert breaks in 30 mins before the game. No constructive chat from Ryder and co and my grandmother who can''t even remember my name would do a better job than Andy Townsend.

Enough said!!

And then they make Beckham MOM, he''s has only been on 20 mins and touched the ball 10 times.

Poor SWP and Crouchy - f(&@£(,g Stupid

[quote user="bristol_canary"]do you also think that clive tyldesley is a complete %&*£!?[/quote]He is the biggest moron in Football and it speaks volumes about ITV that he is their lead commentator.

[quote user="H4H"]And then they make Beckham MOM, he''s has only been on 20 mins and touched the ball 10 times. Poor SWP and Crouchy - f(&@£(,g Stupid[/quote]

steve bruce - poor choice by him!!

H4H

And then they make Beckham MOM, he''s has only been on 20 mins and touched the ball 10 times.

Poor SWP and Crouchy - f(&@£(,g Stupid

Did you mean SWP was poor or that he deserved to get the MOM. If you thought he was a contender for that then you deserve to sit and watch the entire match again and watch his performance. He was abyssmal. Perhaps Beckham was only on 20 minutes but he provided twice as many telling crosses and passes in that time than SWP and Lennon put together.

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="bristol_canary"]do you also think that clive tyldesley is a complete %&*£!?
[/quote]

He is the biggest moron in Football and it speaks volumes about ITV that he is their lead commentator.
[/quote]

And what a complete t**t for trying to make some schoolboy joke about the Belarus defender''s name...Shitov...even my 8 year old daughter didn''t find that funny!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

And what a complete t**t for trying to make some schoolboy joke about the Belarus defender''s name...Shitov...even my 8 year old daughter didn''t find that funny!

[/quote]I should hope not, at the age of 8 such words should not be known, especially growing up the daughter of a Lord... 

The problem that I have with ITV''s sport coverage is that they''re so smug and self-congratulatory about it all the time.

They seem to forget that the matches or events have, and always will, go ahead, regardless of whether they are there or not. They just turn up -well, not even them, probably an independant production company- with their cameras and show what is happening anyway.

But the way they go on about it, their coverage, exclusive this, only on ITV that, we''ve got this, that, and the other for you-you''d think they''d set the whole thing up from scratch and it was their "thing!".

The analysis offers nothing, the commentary is banal (Tydesley is a walking cliche) and states the obvious and the whole glitzy, ITV show-bizzy aspect of it is a complete turn off.

And the BBC needn''t get too complacent, their "old pals" coverage is starting to grate as well!

[quote user="bristol_canary"]do you also think that clive tyldesley is a complete %&*£!?[/quote]The one thing Tyldesley is good for is that you can run a sweepstake on any Man. U. game he''s commentating on for the first minute he mentions, "one night in Barcelona".The man''s an arse.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]I should hope not, at the age of 8 such words should not be known, especially growing up the daughter of a Lord... [/quote]

She does sit with me in the Lower Barclay so does have access to some interesting language at times!  However she knows when and where certain words are acceptable.

Say what you like about Sky but their football coverage (Jamie Reknapp apart) runs rings around anything on offer from any other channel

I presume that ITV cannot afford a decent commentator as that can be the only reason they persist with the self-satisfied, smug arse that is Clive Tyldsley or the useless band of "experts" they always parade. It says something when the best of the bunch is Andy Townsend

About ten minutes before half time Clive Tyldesley, or Clive F*cking Tyldesley as I believe his full name is, said something along the lines of "Well Andy, we heard lots of talk about a change in formation tonight but this still looks like a 4-4-2 to me". To which Andy Townsend replied "Yeah, definitely still a 4-4-2" or something equally bland and devoid of any insight.

Now if Andy Townsend can''t tell the difference between the formation England were playing last night and the one they have used for the rest of the campaign he shouldn''t be allowed anywhere near a microphone. Is he genuinely unable to tell the difference or is he just patronising us. In some ways I hope he does think feel that he needs to dumb things down a bit but then you realise that Ian Wright has previously been used as an ''expert'' and he hasn''t got a bloody clue. Get some pundits on there who can actually offer some tactical insight rather than the patronising guff about ''passion'' and ''tempo'' they usually come out with.

they will start to throw in adverts just when A penalty is about to be taken, ITV and sport don''t mix they made a right pigs ear of F1.

I do wonder why we can''t have someone who actually has played for England as the co-commentator when England are playing!

BBC have had and persist with Mark Lawrenson.

ITV has Andy Townsend.

Sky have had Andy Gray when they''ve had England matches.

ESPN/Setanta have tried to buck this trend, but even so-its Graham Taylor. Someone a little more contemporary please?

I can just see a Scotland match, live at Hampden Park, here is your co-commentator, Alan Shearer!

Clive Tydlesley always uses cliches if anyone arrives at back post they are always arriving "late in the day" according to him.

Hate it when he''s commentating on manure matches as well.

Why is it that every commentator whenever man utd are playing insists on calling them united -even if they are playing another team called united.

Same when we played man city a few years ago, when they were talking about city it was them rather than us they were talking about.

Its called catering for the masses. When was the last time you heard a national commentator on one of our matches saying "city going forward"

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I do wonder why we can''t have someone who actually has played for England as the co-commentator when England are playing! [/quote]Quite honestly I couldn''t give a monkeys whether the co-commentator is English, French or Indian as long as they can give me some fresh insight into the play. They''re supposed to be experts which means they should be seeing things that I as a mere layman can''t pick up. Instead we get platitudinous nonsense about how "Stevie G will be disappointed with that". Also considering the jingoistic level of wankery we''ve had to put up with from the likes of Shearer and Ian Wright when they are on pundit duty I see no reason why they would be any better as co-commentator just because they are English.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Clive Tydlesley always uses cliches if anyone arrives at back post they are always arriving "late in the day" according to him. Hate it when he''s commentating on manure matches as well. Why is it that every commentator whenever man utd are playing insists on calling them united -even if they are playing another team called united. Same when we played man city a few years ago, when they were talking about city it was them rather than us they were talking about. Its called catering for the masses. When was the last time you heard a national commentator on one of our matches saying "city going forward"[/quote]

As you say, too many cliches. I get bored by a number of commentators so tend to switch off from what they''re saying and just watch. An alternative way to amuse yourself is stick up the subtitles and see what appears on the screen - can be rather interesting at times if voice recognition software''s being used.

Years ago, so can''t remember who said or about which player (but I''m sure 1 of you reliable chaps can inform me), the best comment I ever heard was when a commentator said ''... and he''s broken 2 of his legs'' - out of interest, I wonder how many he actually had up his shorts?! [;)]

Still can''t believe Becks MOTM after such a short time on the pitch. And what was with all that facial fuzz? Gross

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t watch much football on TV but didn''t they cut to adverts and miss a goal last season?[/quote]Everton vs Liverpool in the FA Cup, towards the end of extra time. The only decent thing to happen in the entire match. I remember being in the pub with my mates, half-watching the game during a serious pool session and I just thought "Oh, has it finished already? That was pretty crap." Imagine the surprise when it instantly cut back to scenes of joyous Everton players and supporters celebrating. Pretty shambolic but fairly amusing at the same time.